Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #166
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

im still gonna continue to say sturm ko's this cat!
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #167
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Any news?

I've read some rumors surfacing recently that after the defense against Lajuan Simon on October 15th, Gennady Golovkin will actually come to Paris to deliver the MW dream match. Supposedly it will still be in 2011. That would mean Golovkin will meet N'Dam N'Jikam within ten weeks of his last bout.

On the other end of the spectrum, N'Dam N'Jikam has been inactive since April. If the rumors are false, and nothing else comes up - he could wind up having fought just once all year. That would be very disappointing.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #168
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Those rumours are old I believe. Golovkin wants to box in new york in december the last I heard
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 AM   #169
Carl dilks

vCash: 500

Any news when ndam is next out?
Carl dilks is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #170
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

So, after beating Lorenzo he actually left his good-for-nothing promoter. That's the good news, kind of. As a "free agent" it then took him eight months to get something scheduled (Kassim Ouma on February 24th in Equatorial Guinea, an African nation adjacent to his native Cameroon...I'm not sure if they've ever even held a boxing event before). The plan is now to appear in the ring four times in 18 months to make up for that inactivity.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #171
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, N'Dam N'Jikam has been inactive since April. If the rumors are false, and nothing else comes up - he could wind up having fought just once all year. That would be very disappointing.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #172
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
So, after beating Lorenzo he actually left his good-for-nothing promoter. That's the good news, kind of. As a "free agent" it then took him eight months to get something scheduled (Kassim Ouma on February 24th in Equatorial Guinea, an African nation adjacent to his native Cameroon...I'm not sure if they've ever even held a boxing event before). The plan is now to appear in the ring four times in 18 months to make up for that inactivity.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Doesn't sound like he has any intention of fighting Golovkin, which is a real shame. Will be nice to see him active, I have reservations of the quality of opponents though.

These middleweights are pretty disgraceful. Shit loads of quality fighters yet they are all happy to play it safe and avoid each other until a big pay day comes along.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #173
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Doesn't sound like he has any intention of fighting Golovkin, which is a real shame. Will be nice to see him active, I have reservations of the quality of opponents though.

These middleweights are pretty disgraceful. Shit loads of quality fighters yet they are all happy to play it safe and avoid each other until a big pay day comes along.
Well, I still wouldn't scoff at Ouma as an opponent. He did give Golovkin hell. If the quality tails off after that then yeah, the spurt in activity will be hardly better than the shelf-warming.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #174
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Well, I still wouldn't scoff at Ouma as an opponent. He did give Golovkin hell. If the quality tails off after that then yeah, the spurt in activity will be hardly better than the shelf-warming.
Ouma will give any middleweight trouble. He has been in with a shit load of quality boxers and has won or given them all a hard nights work. But at the end of the day, he almost always falls short. It wasn't specifically directed towards N'Jikam but the group of middleweight contenders.

N"Jikam - Lorenzo
Pirog - Maciel/Martirosyan
Barker - Spada
Macklin - Varon
Chavez Jr - Zbik/Manfredo
Lee - Bunema/Vera
Golovkin - Ouma/Simon

I could go on.

These guys have been on each others radar for a long time now and look at some of their recent opponents. It's not like they are prospects, they are fully fledged mature contenders. We should have seen fights between some of them by now. But such is the nature of the game, these fights will probably not happen.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #175
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325

Quote:
Ouma will give any middleweight trouble. He has been in with a shit load of quality boxers and has won or given them all a hard nights work. But at the end of the day, he almost always falls short. It wasn't specifically directed towards N'Jikam but the group of middleweight contenders.

N"Jikam - Lorenzo
Barker - Spada
Macklin - Varon
Lee - Bunema/Vera
Golovkin - Ouma/Simon

I could go on.

These guys have been on each others radar for a long time now and look at some of their recent opponents. It's not like they are prospects, they are fully fledged mature contenders. We should have seen fights between some of them by now. But such is the nature of the game, these fights will probably not happen.

They need to step it up this year and fight each other.

If he's a free agent now, there's nothing stopping N'Jikam from fighting Golovkin on the March 3 Klitschko-Mormeck card.

The Klitschkos are trying to persuade the WBA to force Sturm to fight Golovkin, but no way will Sturm fight a top middleweight and lose his belt. So as an alternative to a Sturm fight, Golovkin will next appear on the Klitschko-Mormeck card against TBA.

N'Jikam would be the logical opponent for Gennady if he's willing. He's also French like Mormeck, and the card is in a part of Germany not far from the border with France.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #176
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

N"Jikam - Lorenzo
Barker - Spada
Macklin - Varon
Lee - Bunema/Vera
Golovkin - Ouma/Simon

I could go on.

Holy shit! This post really puts things in perspective. Nice work...
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #177
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

On a side note Ouma hardly gave Golovkin Hell. It was basically even through six but Golovkin really put the pressure on him the last few rounds, leading up to the stoppage. Ouma wound up in the hospital for a while if I recall.

Ouma sounds like the right type of opponent(safe) for N'Jikam.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #178
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
On a side note Ouma hardly gave Golovkin Hell. It was basically even through six but Golovkin really put the pressure on him the last few rounds, leading up to the stoppage. Ouma wound up in the hospital for a while if I recall.

Ouma sounds like the right type of opponent(safe) for N'Jikam.

Golovkin vs. Ouma was WAY too close for comfort for GGG fans until those last couple of rounds.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #179
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Golovkin vs. Ouma was WAY too close for comfort for GGG fans until those last couple of rounds.
I remember your RBR for that one. You score fights well and I usually am in lock step with you for the most part but that was an odd one. I believe you had it 6-3 Ouma at the stoppage but some other posters (Stenalized) had it 6-3 for Golovkin, which was more in line with my scoring.

Regardless; Ouma did present some issues for Golovkin. I just thought that giving him Hell was a bit overboard.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #180
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
I remember your RBR for that one. You score fights well and I usually am in lock step with you for the most part but that was an odd one. I believe you had it 6-3 Ouma at the stoppage but some other posters (Stenalized) had it 6-3 for Golovkin, which was more in line with my scoring.

Regardless; Ouma did present some issues for Golovkin. I just thought that giving him Hell was a bit overboard.
I agree that Ouma didn't exactly give Golovkin 'Hell'. He outworked Golovkin early, but Gena fought Ouma in a way I haven't really seen many guys fight him successfully. He walked Ouma down rather than fight off the back foot. If I recall, as Golovkin was walking to the ring there was some kind of issue which resulted in a lengthy delay (I think Ouma may have already been in the ring warming up?), that may have played a role in Golovkin's cold start?

N'Jikam should beat any recent version of Ouma easily with his style, but I'm not too impressed with N'Jikam's fights with Khurtsidze and Lorenzo and doubt we'll see N'Jikam-Golovkin any time soon. I'd like to see N'Jikam relocate to Montreal, I think he could become a bigger name.
Eastcoast is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum