fast hands is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #107
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000
Default Re: Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Well, Weis isn't all that much greater an opponent than Nunez but at least this wasn't a title fight.

[DM]xdo7t2[/DM]

Hassan showing speed, reflexes, and grace as usual...not to mention crowd-wooing charm.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #108
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I have no idea who that Nunez is to be honest but worse things have happened by the WBA. At least there is some hope that Golovkin has to do a mandatory defense within the next 4 month after he won the vacant belt against NīDam as their rules say. Unlike Gamboa for example who got his belt gifted too and never had to fight anyone serious.
Iīm pretty much sold on Golovkin and i feel its a good thing that he shows up on FSN instead of doing a fight in Kazakhstan.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #109
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ivaylo Gotzev, manager of the official WBA middleweight challenger Gennady Golovkin, has declared yesterday in an interview for *********** that the talentuous french-camerounese Hassan N'dam, also co-challenger for the vacant WBA title, is "unable" to fight Gennady on the 31st of July, as he fought Gabriel Weis on the 12th of June. Team N'Dam read the thereabove mentioned interview and wants to deny these allegations : Hassan is ready to fight Golovkin. N'Dam's mentor Mouss Ouicher wants to clarify the situation and bring further elements :

"By what right does M.Gotvez dare to declare that my fighter is not ready to fight Golovkin on the 31st of July ? Contrary to what he said, not only Hassan is ready to fight Golovkin but he is certain to win the fight. N'Dam is a conscientious professional boxer, training six days a week all year long. We had a six months preparation during which Hassan made more than 200 rounds of sparring in the last two months. The fight against Gabriel Weis was just a step for the world title. Golovkin and his team are reacting as if he was already champion, but he's just a co-challenger like Hassan. They say they won the bids and therefore have the rights to organize the bout, but theses bids only concerned Golovkin-Mundine, not Golovkin-Ndam. They want to use this as an excuse to determine the date and place of the fight, but if they offer us the same amount of money Mundine has been proposed, I would accept without hesitation, else the dice are loaded. It is true that we had an offer for a fight against Golovkin on the 24th of July in Kazakhstan, but the purse was ridiculous. They won the bids offering 1.2 million dollars which should logically be split equally between both boxers, but apparently they don't see things that way. This attitude does not deserve our sport, how could Golovkin say he is world champion if he beats Milton Numez, who has only fought in his country and is ranked 240th on boxrec ???

How is it credible ? How could Golovkin feel like true a champion ? Is there a single boxing fan who would accept this ? It is not too late, if they want a real world title fight worthy of the name, they just have to respect the rules. If so, Hassan will be happy to fight and beat Golovkin.

As a conclusion, we ask Team Golovkin to contact our promoters with a serious offer, and let our boxers fight to see who is the true champion. Enough of this boxing business where the first-ranked boxer chooses to fight the 15th and the second the 30th. I hope that after this reaction Mr, mendoza President of the WBA will not allow the regular world championship that I do not find credible between GOLOVKIN and NUNEZ. " declared Mouss Ouicher, trainer and manager of Hassan N'dam.

"I am physically ready. If the fight does not happen, it is just because of formalities caused by the Golovkin clan." entrusted Hassan N'Dam.

"Concerning the vacant WBO title, it is strange that Daniel Jacob was designated number 1 whereas a few weeks ago he was ranked behind N'Dam. Same for Gennady Martirosyan who is now ranked number 4 despite being badly beaten and KOed in the 10th round by N'Dam last year. How can you explain this ??? It clearly shows that we are victim of promoters' influence in order to put Hassan aside and avoid a fight against him. I am still waiting for an answer from the president of WBO about this question." declared Mouss Ouicher.
yal is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #110
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

A good example of a bad management. Imo Golovkin would be favoured to win against N'Dam and trying everything to avoid the fight is completely stupid. Of course Golovkin will obtain a better purse than N'Dam with this ?!? title fight against Nunez ! But imo it's a poor way to build a career. Golovkin has to obtain recognition to target the big purses. Another reason to make me think it's a bad move : N'Dam is not stupid, he understood Golovkin's team considers him as a threat and it will boost his confidence...
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #111
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Golovkin vs Nunez is obviously a tune up fight
okay its for a vacant belt thats shit but Nunez at least seems to and can punch other than the opponents NīDam takes on.
Golovkin has already fought soild competition in the pros and I thinks thats okay to do a tune up when you got a new trainer and all that
As I said I just hope Gena can generate some interest in the US so the fight with NīDam can happen in the US or anywhere but Kazakhstan so that we can watch it.
Iīm worried about Gotzev too who is a dickhead. I just hope he is not going to try to protect Golovkin from nothing and make him look like a fraud. that would be ridiculous bullshit.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #112
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I completely disagree : Golovkin and N'Dam fought several better opponents than Nunez even if they never fought anyone really good at world level. For example N'Dam beat convicigly Martirosyan and Belghecham. You cannot compare those guys who are solid at euro level with Nunez.
Nunez is a complete nobody. He is 22, his record is padded and it seems he is not even a real MW. Nunez for the vacant title proves once again that the WBA is a joke. But the WBA is not the only one to blame : Golovkin's team makes a big mistake. N'Dam is ready, no excuse can be found for such an attitude.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #113
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I said its shit because its for the belt.
Do you think Nunez is worse than the fat powder punching welterweight from NīDams last fight? Golovkin clearly fought the way better competition. Gardner, Khomitski, Dziarra, Makarov..

NīDam team admitted in the letter above that they turned the offer down.
If they think NīDam is a draw even close to what Mundine is in Australia and they can get about the same money for a fight with Golovkin in the middle of nowhere of Kazakhstan or on a mexican FSN card then they are ridiculous. Can NīDam sell some millions ppv buys in France as Mundine can do in Australia? I guess no

So okay Golovkin gets the belt gifted, NīDam is the mandatory challenger and he has to fight him within the next few month. If an agreement cant be reached it goes to a purse bid. I can live with that if it goes that way.

Last edited by Escopeta; 06-26-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #114
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

And of course being the "champion" Golovkin will obtain the better purse. Golovkin is NOT the champion, currently he is just another challenger and it's not a fight against Nunez that will change something.

N'Dam turned down an offer to come to Kazakhstan for a ridiculous purse. His team said "You obtained the right to organize Golovkin vs Mundine for 1200000$. In the end it won't be Golovkin vs Mundine and it won't be 1200000$. Hence the purse bid you won does not count and the WBA has to organize another purse bid. The repartition of the purses have to be 50/50 of course."
Fair and square imo. At least far better than a joke fight against Nunez, the way you conquered your 1st title fight is very important in a career ! This joke fight would be the worst way to start a reign for Golovkin... I cannot see why you even try to argue in this case.

And I also read that Martirosyan obtained the 4th rank in the WBO rankings, a better ranking than N'Dam who dominated him with ease ?!? But I shouldn't be surprised. N'Dam should sign with a real promoter or he will be another "Jean-Paul Mendy" , he is talented enough and he has the style to be interesting. Staying with Acaries who is clearly past it as a promoter is a big mistake.

Last edited by Fitir; 06-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #115
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Golovkin had to wait long time for his shot and after Mundine has bitched out they allowed him to choose anyone from their rankings. NīDam has never been named as an official challenger so he cant demand anything. Thats a decision by the WBA no one can blame Glovkin for. The belt isnt a big deal either since its only the 2nd spot and Sturm who ducked Golovkin was upgraded to super champion. Despite that they offered NīDam a fight. Neither of them is yet a draw and so none can expect any big money for a fight being held in Kazakhstan.
There are some other good prospects in the WBA 160lbs rankings. If Golovkin had fought the likes of Korobov or Lemieux instead of NīDam NīDam would have been out and none had complaint. but Golovkin is going to fight a potential bum and NīDam is just crying around and does nothing. NīDam cant expect to get any credit because Golovkin fights a bum. By his own choice he has nothing to do with that.

Quote:
but if they offer us the same amount of money Mundine has been proposed, I would accept without hesitation
thats a quite clear statement about what they feel is a ridiculous purse and what is not imo. so they turned the fight down bc the money didnt suit them. fine but they shouldnt cry then afterwards. boxing has never been fair you have to fight for your rights.

Martirosyan owns some WBO-Euro belt so he pays his fees and gets up in their ranking.
not surprising. sure its ridiculous but thats how it works with those alphabet organizations.

Last edited by Escopeta; 06-26-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #116
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I hope you laugh Escopette the Team Golovkin have no right to use the scholarship offer that won against Mundine, they want the validity of the offer he gave half to Hassan, the question is not knowing if Hassan is popular or not, there is a rule to follow, the two challengers must take each 50% of the award given after we should not split hairs, the Team has simply Golovkin Hassan afraid I know very well the two boxers, I'll bet anything that I would fight N'Dam Golovkin they confront, frankly Hassan is a friend, I can assure you it is ready to go Mexico to face Golovkin, after he takes a modicum of dignity, just behind the classification Golovkin, logically it is co-challenger for the vacant title, bids must be again if the Team does not give Golovkin 50 % to Hassan and is quite logic.
yal is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #117
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

NīDam isnt a co-challenger
Mundine wanted no part of Golovkin
WBA failded to get him an opponent since "the man" bitched out
face the reality. Golovkin has already got the belt gifted
All he has to do is a an optional-defense-like fight against any WBA ranked fighter.
After that he hopefully has to fight NīDam in a mandatory defense.
also i somehow have difficulties to understand you language.

How do you know that it wasnt a fair offer?
A fight on a FSN undercard in Mexcio or in Kazakhstan draws next to nothing.
Golovkin isnt getting any big money from that either
crying for any money even close to Mundine vs Golovkin is just ridiculous that not in for that fight. There is no reason why any businessman should accept such ridiculous demands. In case they offered him the half of that Mundine money that would be more than fair. If it goes to purse bid for the mandatory defense there will be a 75-25 split in favor of Golovkin.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #118
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Problem is that N'Dam is too talented for his promoter (it seems Golovkin is in the same situation...) I am sure those guys want to fight each other. N'Dam has dominated clearly the French boxing scene and he has been ready to step up for several years.

I have to be fair with Acaries who is (was ?) very good to manage the career of guys who can be at best limited titleholders ala Bruno Girard. But it's not a good way to manage/keep talented boxers. People are fed up with fake world championships. The Asloum era was a disaster for Acaries and the French boxing scene and Canal+, the historical channel, left them !

With Acaries Hassan could end like Mendy or at best like Tiozzo. If only he could sign with Orange Sport and team Mormeck. A channel with €€€ and a young promoter : the only hopes for the French pro boxing scene imo.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #119
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

When a title is free both logically ranked competing for the vacant title that is how it happens, then Mundine withdrew Hassan take his place, even if the official challenger Golovkin, it absolutely must confront Hassan and he wants his Affre be valid it gives Hassan what he would have given Mundine, who demonstrated that Mundine Golovkin and not just to buy the film rights battle? if not for the validity of the auction, I give a similar example, when Murat had abandoned his EBU title, the scholarship offers were made between feedback and Dimitri Sartison Mad as Sartison and withdrew from the lute to compete for the title WBA Maguee replaced him and bids were invalid because the team did not pall given Maguee Sartison that would have won, that's exactly the same thing on the supply Golovkin gave Hassan I know the exact amount, and I can tell you it's a pittance, just to say that I gave an offer to Hassan but he refused, it is a shame to offer such a sum. Hassan insists face Golovkin, he's convinced he would beat him, even his home in Kazakhstan, is Golovkin who does everything to avoid Hassan.
yal is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #120
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir View Post
Problem is that N'Dam is too talented for his promoter (it seems Golovkin is in the same situation...) I am sure those guys want to fight each other. N'Dam has dominated clearly the French boxing scene and he has been ready to step up for several years.

I have to be fair with Acaries who is (was ?) very good to manage the career of guys who can be at best limited titleholders ala Bruno Girard. But it's not a good way to manage/keep talented boxers. People are fed up with fake world championships. The Asloum era was a disaster for Acaries and the French boxing scene and Canal+, the historical channel, left them !

With Acaries Hassan could end like Mendy or at best like Tiozzo. If only he could sign with Orange Sport and team Mormeck. A channel with €€€ and a young promoter : the only hopes for the French pro boxing scene imo.
Salut Fitir, je n'arrive pas ā savoir qui vous ętes mais je suis sur que on se connait
yal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum