Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default The George Foreman who lost to Ali vs the Mike Tyson who lost to Buster Dougals

Of course all sane people would pick Foreman, Hell Tyson would pick Foreman. But I want to see all of the Mike Tyson fanboys come and say the Douglas who beat Tyson that night would of beat anybody. Or that Buster Dougals hits harder than Ali. Of course Ali knocked out Foreman, Bonavena, Lyle, Wepner, Liston, ect ect ect and the only person Douglas knocked out was Tyson.
Chris Warren is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200
Default Re: The George Foreman who lost to Ali vs the Mike Tyson who lost to Buster Dougals

Foreman would be my pick too.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: The George Foreman who lost to Ali vs the Mike Tyson who lost to Buster Dougals

Thanks for the reply Pete
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Foreman KO over any version of Tyson.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Exactly Unforgiven. Tyson was to chicken shyt to fight a old fat bald Foreman because he knew he would lose and he would be destroyed by the Foreman who fought Ali.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Ali destroyed Foreman with long lightning rights off the ropes. That simply wasn't Tyson's game. Mike didn't have the height or reach to pull it off. (Of course I'm presupposing that Kinshasa is the setting here, as that was more of a factor in Ali/Foreman than Tokyo was in Douglas/Tyson, but George would have knocked him out in any event.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Tyson would win. The speed would be the factor. Douglas had good fast hands and was very quick catching Tyson coming forward. Foreman would be too easy for Tyson to counter with his wide loopy punches.

Ali would have beaten Tyson on that night, but Foreman would be matched in the strength and chin department and doubled in the speed department.
Tyson UD
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
prime
BOX! Writing Champion
ESB Senior Member

The thing is Tyson would never show up for Foreman the way he did for Buster.

Tokyo Tyson would certainly lose to the bloodthirsty Zaire Foreman, but this is equivalent to pairing up a guy in serious training against one on vacation in the Orient.

Because Tyson is much sharper and quicker than a Foreman who was much clumsier and simply couldnt handle speed, he is my pick peak-to-peak.
prime is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Quitali Bitchko
The Punisher
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Foreman by KO. Tyson of 1988 KO Foreman. Too much speed and deffence for such a slow, wide open opponent - no matter how hard he hit. Doesnt really matter beacuse Tyson cannot be put down by one punch to the chin (Foreman can) and Foreman wouldnt be able to hit him anyway. If Foreman had better speed or deffence I'd pick him in a shot.

But Tyson of the Douglas fight losses to Foreman (Tyson had little to no head movement, no focus, un proper training).

And Tyson ducking Foreman in the 90's is a fantasy. Tyson after the two Ruddock fights ridiculed Foreman calling him and old man and he did state he'd have no problem fighting him but destroying him wouldnt prove anything (indeed). Now in the late 80's Foreman WAS NOT a top contender worthy to fight for the tittle, so he didnt get his chance.

On an off topic note I would also like to let everyone who didnt yet hear the news to know, that Chris ****** is a delusional Tyson hater, who's sole purpose in life is spread his hate towards Tyson and by doing that he ridicules himself by saying such incredibly stupid things as ˙˙Tyson had a shyt chin`` Since he also seems very touchy on woman beating and rape me thinks he's either a woman friend of that lying skanky bitch Desire Washington or Teddy Atlas himself.
Quitali Bitchko is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How about switching it up even more?? That version of Foreman versus Douglas. & That version of Tyson against the rope-a-doping Ali?
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
How about switching it up even more?? That version of Foreman versus Douglas. & That version of Tyson against the rope-a-doping Ali?
I think Foreman would beat Douglas. Douglas wouldnt have the stamina to keep up with Foreman in a long physical fight. I think he matched up so well with Tyson that night, because Tyson was not in the greatest shape so he was susceptible to Douglas speed behind the jab and righthand which would have also favored Ali's style.
Foreman was never a speed demon, but always a good pressure fighter but Tyson would have been prepared to brawl with Foreman better than getting timed by rigthands and uppercuts moving in, which Foreman would have never been able to do IMO.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
arther1045
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
The thing is Tyson would never show up for Foreman the way he did for Buster.

Tokyo Tyson would certainly lose to the bloodthirsty Zaire Foreman, but this is equivalent to pairing up a guy in serious training against one on vacation in the Orient.

Because Tyson is much sharper and quicker than a Foreman who was much clumsier and simply couldnt handle speed, he is my pick peak-to-peak.

I don't buy the theory that Tyson was way out of sape for that fight. What was his weight for that fight? I believe you can make a case that he was not as hungy as he was for other fights, but he was in shape and his look and weight show that. He wasn't mentally as prepared as he usually was and he ran into a guy who exposed him. He fought someone with alot of skill who wasn't afraid of him. he did what he always did when a good fighter fought back, layed down on the canvas.
arther1045 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitali Bitchko View Post
Tyson ducking Foreman in the 90's is a fantasy. Tyson after the two Ruddock fights ridiculed Foreman calling him an old man and he did state he'd have no problem fighting him but destroying him wouldn't prove anything (indeed). Now in the late 80's Foreman WAS NOT a top contender worthy to fight for the tittle, so he didn't get his chance.
If Mike genuinely believed this, then matching Foreman would have meant an easy HUGE payday for him. That makes Tyson's failure to take on George all the more baffling, as professional boxing is a business before anything else.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
I think Foreman would beat Douglas. Douglas wouldnt have the stamina to keep up with Foreman in a long physical fight. I think he matched up so well with Tyson that night, because Tyson was not in the greatest shape so he was susceptible to Douglas speed behind the jab and righthand which would have also favored Ali's style.
Foreman was never a speed demon, but always a good pressure fighter but Tyson would have been prepared to brawl with Foreman better than getting timed by rigthands and uppercuts moving in, which Foreman would have never been able to do IMO.
Keep up with Foreman? At that time in his earlier career. Foreman had the worst stamina of any Heavyweight. George would be winded only after a few rounds. The longer the fight went, I think the better Douglas' chances. How about that version of Tyson against the older Ali? Interesting.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Quitali Bitchko
The Punisher
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
If Mike genuinely believed this, then matching Foreman would have meant an easy HUGE payday for him. That makes Tyson's failure to take on George all the more baffling, as professional boxing is a business before anything else.
Mike was scheduled to fight Evander during this statement and then shorty afterwards was charged of rape and the rest is history.
Quitali Bitchko is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum