Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis at his best vs Ken Norton at his best

I don't hate Ken Norton to want to put him in, in any hypothetical situation with ANY incarnation of Lennox Lewis, nevermind Lewis at his best.
red cobra is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #32
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lewis is the likely favourite in this best vs best matchup. I think Norton is being sold a little short here and would make this an interesting contest.

Forget the George Foreman fight. Both of Eddie Futch's men weren't known to have the greatest defenses, although Frazier was much harder to hit because of his head movement. Norton boxed beautifully for the 1st round against George and should have used his jab and head movement. Instead, he kept backpedalling away from George and got caught flat footed in the process. Lennox doesn't have the killer instinct that Foreman had in his first title reign and I doubt he stops Norton inside five. Lewis is still the favourite from a size and stylistic standpoint, but I wouldn't write off Norton that quickly like some have said in this thread. If Kenny lands early, especially to the body and survives the early rounds, he could suprise Lewis over 12 rounds due to the fact that he was always in pretty good condition.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #33
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
Not a fan of Lennox are you Chris?
He's not a fan of europeans in general. The mans just a bigot and a **** who's gone on my ignore list.
I wish these window lickers would stick to the general forum and not pollute the classic.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #34
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by round15 View Post
Lewis is the likely favourite in this best vs best matchup. I think Norton is being sold a little short here and would make this an interesting contest.

Forget the George Foreman fight. Both of Eddie Futch's men weren't known to have the greatest defenses, although Frazier was much harder to hit because of his head movement. Norton boxed beautifully for the 1st round against George and should have used his jab and head movement. Instead, he kept backpedalling away from George and got caught flat footed in the process. Lennox doesn't have the killer instinct that Foreman had in his first title reign and I doubt he stops Norton inside five. Lewis is still the favourite from a size and stylistic standpoint, but I wouldn't write off Norton that quickly like some have said in this thread. If Kenny lands early, especially to the body and survives the early rounds, he could suprise Lewis over 12 rounds due to the fact that he was always in pretty good condition.
The Lennox Lewis of the Ruddock fight would have decapiated Norton..and I say this with no personal rancor for Ken Norton...it's just that he didn't fare too well against big punchers and Lewis was the consumate big puncher.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #35
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
He's not a fan of europeans in general. The mans just a bigot and a **** who's gone on my ignore list.
I wish these window lickers would stick to the general forum and not pollute the classic.
A Chris with some sense! Your right mate, the post below just shows what a pathetic moron this guy is. The sad thing is I know most Yanks are pretty decent guys who would never embaress themselves with this ridiculous garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ****** View Post
Primadonna lick my ***** and your mom is easy but nobody is talking about that though. Lol wait you are another european. You dont have a clue about boxing. Go drink your tea and be lucky the good ole USA considers you a ally.
I've never put anyone on ignore but quite frankly if this is whats in his posts I'm doing the same. Good call.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
Pusnuts
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I always thought Ken Norton was pretty overrated, if any of the old-time HWs would have trouble with modern ones, he would be one.
Lewis would splatter him
Pusnuts is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #37
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusnuts View Post
I always thought Ken Norton was pretty overrated, if any of the old-time HWs would have trouble with modern ones, he would be one.
Lewis would splatter him
I certainly do n't consider Norton overrated. I'd rank him inside my top 10 of heavyweights over the last forty years.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #38
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
A Chris with some sense! Your right mate, the post below just shows what a pathetic moron this guy is. The sad thing is I know most Yanks are pretty decent guys who would never embaress themselves with this ridiculous garbage.

I've never put anyone on ignore but quite frankly if this is whats in his posts I'm doing the same. Good call.
Gut instinct tells me that Mr ****** has seen very few Lewis fights. He's probably basing Lennox's entire career around the McCall and Rahman losses.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
turpinr
Champion
East Side Guru

depending on what day it is lewis and ali are 1 and 2 in the heavy rankings
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #40
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lennox Lewis wouldn't make my top 10, but, yes, he'd likely mash Norton in quick time.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #41
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

It could end up being an early round knockout for Lewis, especially if he goes at Norton like he did against Golota and Grant, but he would at times attempt to box cautiously which wouldn't work against Norton.

I pick either an early round KO or a tough, competitive decision win for Lewis.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Lewis at his best vs Norton at his best = Norton at his back in round 2.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #43
ClintMagnum
Antitheist
ESB Full Member

vCash: 900

Norton was a physical specimen who deserves more credit than he seems to be getting. Having said that, I do think that this fight would go the way of Lewis v Ruddock or Golota! If Lewis got a sniff that he could hurt you then he would up the gears and finish you.
As for the yank Chris having a pop at Europeans, he shows the attitude that makes the USA one of the most hated countries in the world. We gave the world this sport. Look at our UK world champions for a country not even a fifth of the size of Texas!!!
ClintMagnum is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #44
ClintMagnum
Antitheist
ESB Full Member

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ****** View Post
Primadonna lick my ***** and your mom is easy but nobody is talking about that though. Lol wait you are another european. You dont have a clue about boxing. Go drink your tea and be lucky the good ole USA considers you a ally.
******, like the USA you have no history and no class and are way more unpopular than you could ever imagine. You gave the world fast food and George Bush. Stop watching the Disney channel and go read about the Marquis of Queensberry or shakepseare small boy.
ClintMagnum is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 693

Lewis wasn't the blitzing killer that ****ey and Foreman were, he isn't just going to open up on Norton like they did unless he gets a great wide open look like Golota or Ruddock gave him. Otherwise he won't push the issue and force offense, which could in theory give Norton enough confidence and time to get into his game. Not one to lay on the ropes like Ali, I think Lewis wins a tough split decision behind his long troublesome jab; Norton has some great moments especially in the late rounds.
The Mongoose is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum