boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
123-kid

vCash: 1000
Default Newbie Here please Advise

Hey guys after reading these threads for awhile, and have learned a lot from you guys, i have decided to try and one day compete as an amatuer, I have no boxing expierence, but have watched boxing as long as i can remember, and so i took some boxing classes (6 classes) at a local reputalble boxing gym, and have been practicing with limited resources at home, i practice on the speed bag, heavybag, jump rope, shawdow boxing, slip line ect.... i want to know if i post a few videos would you guys be able to critique my fundamentals? I just wanted to make sure before i posted them thanks!
BTW Im 27 5'9 160lbs
123-kid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Newbie Here please Advise

Yup theyll probably critique the hell out of them. If i was you i would just keep going the gym, putting your time in and learning the sport. Post if you want prepare to get slammed. Not that it is personal but your a beginner with 6 lessons so your going to have a list as long as your arm of things you do wrong. Iv boxed for 8 months ish and if i posted id have an equally long list, but the only person im after advice from is my trainers that can see me in the flesh and correct me at the time. Im sure people on here will be happy to help though dont get me wrong
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
123-kid

ok great thx i will post them soon, yea that was my concern i know there are some very knowledgable people on here, and those are the ones i want to hear from, that was my other thing, i wanted positive criticism, i really would hope we are all grown here and can critique constructivily, but i know not everyone can help it, so if i get slammed on here no biggie, i can handle it, ive been practicing for about 3 months and i know i have tons to learn, but need to know what im doing right and what im doing wrong at the ver basic fundemental stages, and what im doing right, so i can make the adjustments asap! And yea i plan on joing the gym soon again as well
123-kid is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
curly
Fastest hands in the West
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 660

As long as your sincere, most posts will be helful and polite. Good luck with the training and I hope you achieve your goals
curly is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Good on you mate, go for it.

If you post, just ignore the abuse etc and just take note of the constructive criticism but as johnboy2007 has pointed out, its your trainers who have the best advice/criticism.

At home i'd concentrate on shadow boxing, skipping, floor exercises etc and some drills on the punchbag. get on top of the fitness side and you'll be able to concentrate better in the gym.
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
how5er

Good stuff m8, Im 28 and just had my 2nd fight, Youll find some very good info on here from some experienced dudes!
how5er is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
123-kid

thx guys for all the support im looking for my camera as we speak and probably post vids this weekend, yea im trying to focus on getting in shape b4 i join the gym again, dont get me wrong ive always been a gyru for working out, but boxing has lead me to a whole new world on what a REAL workout should be! LOL im doing lots of variations of pull ups and chin ups,push ups, sit ups ect.. just the insight i have learned on streching i have learned from you guys have really helped!
123-kid is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #8
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123-kid View Post
thx guys for all the support im looking for my camera as we speak and probably post vids this weekend, yea im trying to focus on getting in shape b4 i join the gym again, dont get me wrong ive always been a gyru for working out, but boxing has lead me to a whole new world on what a REAL workout should be! LOL im doing lots of variations of pull ups and chin ups,push ups, sit ups ect.. just the insight i have learned on streching i have learned from you guys have really helped!
Good stuff mate. Think the main things aswell with a boxing workout this is something i need to work on aswell at home is the intensity. Dont stand around having any breaks. The gym i go to is a boxing gym but it does a class for all that want to have a go. Some get good go onto amature some go to white collar ect. But the main thing about it is we do not stop its sheer hell, we get pushed sooo hard. For that hour there are no breaks.

Made me realise what a workout should really be!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #9
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
As long as your sincere, most posts will be helful and polite. Good luck with the training and I hope you achieve your goals
Exactly im sure people will help this guy, its when you get some knob saying look at me hitting my mate in the back yard i wanna be champ of the world some day, that people cant stand. Or watch me hit the bag with no top on trying and failing to look like the next duran or something lol God love em
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
123-kid

ha yea im very unbaised and really want to understand the "sweet Science" of boxing, im always open to learning, oh yea i classes i took gave me a rude awakening on a REAL workout i thought i was in shape but after a few classes, i realized i wasnt doing the right things, i mean i almost threw up on a few occasions! ok so in order in participate in amatuer boxing i must get a traininer correct? Im in chicago if there any trainers out there that can lead me with some info
123-kid is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wish you the best.
Marvelous Marcum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing