Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Ike Ibeabuchi, could he beat either of the BROS GRIM?

Well ,could the "One that got away",The President with his great chin ,good power and high work rate beat either Wlad or Vitali, or even seriously discommode them?

[Sorry about leaving an m off the title]

Last edited by mcvey; 12-16-2009 at 04:11 PM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Ike Ibeabuchi, could he beat either of the BROS GRIM?

Yes maybe both, maybe they'd goto trilogies, his pressure, power, strength and workrate is likely to. And his good technical ability and pressure would cause Vitali a laod of problems, that would be a ******* of a fight

Then again Ibeabuchi was a hardcore Roider and would have manhandled most HWs in history. The Klit may Roid too but don't take the piss with it like Ike did, which could be part of the reason he went so crazy, too much Testosterone isnt good for your state of mind
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Yes maybe both, maybe they'd goto trilogies, his pressure, power, strength and workrate is likely to. And his good technical ability and pressure would cause Vitali a laod of problems, that would be a ******* of a fight

Then again Ibeabuchi was a hardcore Roider and would have manhandled most HWs in history. The Klit may Roid too but don't take the piss with it like Ike did, which could be part of the reason he went so crazy, too much Testosterone isnt good for your state of mind
Never heard he was a hardcore roider, where did you hear that?? He was definitely nuts, but I liked what we saw from him in that short period of time. He would have given both Klitschkos great fights. Heard he had problems in sparring with his stablemate Kirk Johnson because of the speed and movement, but he was just a puppy getting ready to break into the big time.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

He proved to possess a lot of great qualities, but maybe not the qualities needed to beat the Klitschkos. For instance, Tua proved a lot against Ike as well, but look how far he got against Lewis.. Ibeabuchi also barely got by Wilson. I'm not sure how he'd deal with a tall, skilled opponent with great jab and power; Byrd and Tua were both short opponents with insignificant jabs, comparatively.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
He proved to possess a lot of great qualities, but maybe not the qualities needed to beat the Klitschkos. For instance, Tua proved a lot against Ike as well, but look how far he got against Lewis.. Ibeabuchi also barely got by Wilson. I'm not sure how he'd deal with a tall, skilled opponent with great jab and power; Byrd and Tua were both short opponents with insignificant jabs, comparatively.
I dont know if it was what Tua and Byrd did more than Ike fighting their fight and beating them at their own fight. I think thats what impressed a lot of people in the Byrd fight, because he had the hand speed to track Byrd down and catch him with a beautiful combination to the body and head.
I do agree about the Klits, they are master boxers, and Ike never proved that part of his game, but again he was still fairly green as were the Klitschkos around that time, but man 6'2 244 ripped with fast hands, he was an impressive physical specimin.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

[quote=ChrisPontius;5672371]He proved to possess a lot of great qualities, but maybe not the qualities needed to beat the Klitschkos. For instance, Tua proved a lot against Ike as well, but look how far he got against Lewis.. Ibeabuchi also barely got by Wilson. I'm not sure how he'd deal with a tall, skilled opponent with great jab and power; Byrd and Tua were both short opponents with insignificant jabs, comparatively.[/quote]

That is perceptive,,looking good against one style ,does not mean you will be successful against an entirely different one, employed by an opponent with a dissimilar physique
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
gregor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
He proved to possess a lot of great qualities, but maybe not the qualities needed to beat the Klitschkos. For instance, Tua proved a lot against Ike as well, but look how far he got against Lewis.. Ibeabuchi also barely got by Wilson.
Ike had no amateur career (or at least nothing significant, if you compare it to Wlad's career, his olympic gold and so on), and one has to take it into account when comparing him against brothers. He was improving from fight to fight, and he still had a lot to improve. Even without any improvements I would rate him a lot higher than Brewster (or most, if not all, Klitschkos' opponents for that matter - except Lewis).
gregor is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Ike was insane, he lacked the mental ability to compete with either brother.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Ike was insane, he lacked the mental ability to compete with either brother.
He was competitive with Tua, how intelligent would he have to be to hold his own with either brother do you think?
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

I think Ike would have a great chance to overwhelm Wlad and make him possibly panic and fold. Think of Sam Peter but in much better shape and with faster hands (same power). Vitaly would be more diificult because he does not panic or start to fold so I think Vitaly beats Ike.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
He was competitive with Tua, how intelligent would he have to be to hold his own with either brother do you think?
He was competitive because he was mad. He was a cheat, if he was sane, the chances are he would struggle to be a top 100 fighter of his era.

The reason he beat Tua was because he walked though David's left hook, any sane fighter could not and would not do that!!!
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Losing Ibeabuchi may have been the most unverifiablely devastating thing of the HW division in my generation. There is simply no telling what he was capable of. He was still coming up as pointed out-green. But he looked like he could be a real world beater. For all we know he could have taken both brothers and Lewis given the time to reach his peak. Too bad somebody with those tools physically had to be a complete basket case. Although not going through a severe issue like Ike, I did think about Ike when James Kirkland got put away this year.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
For all we know he could have taken both brothers and Lewis given the time to reach his peak.
Or, he could've just as well had hitherto unseen limitations "exposed" by someone along the way and never recovered.

He showed some definite good qualities, but I think people do go way overboard estimating at what he "might've" been. As Pontius said, there were a lot of unanswered questions about him.

Personally, I thought the decision he got over Tua was somewhat debatable as well.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 AM   #14
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Or, he could've just as well had hitherto unseen limitations "exposed" by someone along the way and never recovered.

He showed some definite good qualities, but I think people do go way overboard estimating at what he "might've" been. As Pontius said, there were a lot of unanswered questions about him.

Personally, I thought the decision he got over Tua was somewhat debatable as well.
I thought it was a fair decision,but a close fight.
Ike was largely an unknown quantity, that's why I made the thread.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Ike Ibeabuchi was ****ing overrated, he was being outboxed by Chris Byrd and arguably lost to David Tua.

He wouldn't have gotten by Lennox Lewis.
MrMagic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum