Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default The Trent FM Arena

Just wondered what people thought of the Arena and the organisation for last Saturdays fight ?
It was my first time there and i initially thought good things,the security was thorough and polite ! the price's for drink and food reasonable,BUT the toilets overflowing,the huge queues,and the idiots staggering around singing footy songs kind of spoilt it for me.
I also cricked my neck and strained my eyes trying to watch the JT v AA fight on the "big" screens.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

I nearly suffocated in the toilets..... a 99% concentration of cigarette smoke can do that to you.

The arena was fine, IMO.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
The-Holmes-Show

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I nearly suffocated in the toilets..... a 99% concentration of cigarette smoke can do that to you.

The arena was fine, IMO.
**** about, i forgot to say about that, i went in bogs an dit was like someone let a smoke grenade off, worse thing ive ever seen. When i went to pascal v froch fight at trent fm they threw people out for doing that. They were way more lax this time imo
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Holmes-Show View Post
**** about, i forgot to say about that, i went in bogs an dit was like someone let a smoke grenade off, worse thing ive ever seen. When i went to pascal v froch fight at trent fm they threw people out for doing that. They were way more lax this time imo
Agreed.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Kid Lucky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I like the venue, always manage to park close by without paying or any probs.

Food and drink reasonable, a lot of lager louts anf fighting about but no more then you'd expect on a Saturday night to be honest.

The 'big' screens were poor though, at least they got the commentary sorted after the first couple rounds.
Kid Lucky is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

The views in the arena are excellent, but it can't cope with that number of people. The bogs are woefully tiny and you couldn't get anywhere near the bars unless you were prepared to stand there for ages,which I wasn't.

I enjoy a cigarette now and again, but the smoke in the bogs was terrible. It was just a thick fog. I couldn't wait to get out!!

Security seemed quite good and a few idiots were promptly slung out.

Plenty of Old Bill which is good to see
David UK is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

can't be any worse then the excel, which is truly awful, by far the worst boxing arena in the country.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

The guys arguing over a hot dog were ****ing hilarious

We were stood near bar 3, the queue was generally pretty short, it must be said.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
The guys arguing over a hot dog were ****ing hilarious

We were stood near bar 3, the queue was generally pretty short, it must be said.
Explain the hot dog bit.

As for the Arena, I really liked it. I hated the people, the price of Chocolate buttons, and the fight itself was a sleeper. The idiots fighting, bloody idiots.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

The Arena is fantastic venue, there was not much variation food wise, I mean if they served old fashioned chips or fries, business would be booming!! Watching Taylor Abraham on the screens was a luxury to be honest so straining necks watching it wasn't so bad IMO. As for the toilets, most of us go in the to piss or shit, so wasn't really bothered!!
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Explain the hot dog bit.

As for the Arena, I really liked it. I hated the people, the price of Chocolate buttons, and the fight itself was a sleeper. The idiots fighting, bloody idiots.
I didn't see much fighting apart from a scuffle in the floor seats just before the main event when some bloke got slung out after a second go.

I was inside the arena most of the time. Was there trouble out the back?
David UK is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I picked up a couple of bottles of water early on so I wouldn't have to queue for yonks later.

Interesting that beer was 3.50 a pint, wasn't it. Later on the sunday afternoon I went t watch the Ice Hockey in the arena, and it was down to 3.20. Still a lot, but another example of Boxing fans being mistreated.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post
I didn't see much fighting apart from a scuffle in the floor seats just before the main event when some bloke got slung out after a second go.

Most of the fighting I saw seemed to be in the tiered seats actually. The Old Bill were generally prompt enough at sorting things out. Much more frequent than when I was there for Pascal-Froch.

But other than the massive amount of wankers, I rate the arena. It seems most seats have a good view and though the "big" screens weren't ideal, at least we got to see the Abraham-Taylor fight.
Wickio is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post

I saw three different fights. The first was up at at the tiered seats, and they were fully smacking eachother in the face. Both were dragged out promptly. The other one was a women being escored out from the floor seats, not to sure what she was doing. And who could forget the ringside altercation, getting yourself kicked out immediately before the main event. Wanker.

Nottingham is a shit hole, and the people there can't seem to handle their drink. I bet half of them didn't even know the name of Froch's opponent.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #15
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I saw three different fights. The first was up at at the tiered seats, and they were fully smacking eachother in the face. Both were dragged out promptly. The other one was a women being escored out from the floor seats, not to sure what she was doing. And who could forget the ringside altercation, getting yourself kicked out immediately before the main event. Wanker.

Nottingham is a shit hole, and the people there can't seem to handle their drink. I bet half of them didn't even know the name of Froch's opponent.
If I'm thinking of the same event, the woman in the floors seats came down extremely drunk, stumbling down the stairs and kicked out at the stewards. And yeah, what an event to have just before the fight. Nice seeing them out though.

And I entirely agree. It seems most casual fans there were scumbags.

To be fair, I spoke to John Rawling the day before at the weigh-in and he couldn't remember Dirrell's name either.
Wickio is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum