Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 2556
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I saw three different fights. The first was up at at the tiered seats, and they were fully smacking eachother in the face. Both were dragged out promptly. The other one was a women being escored out from the floor seats, not to sure what she was doing. And who could forget the ringside altercation, getting yourself kicked out immediately before the main event. Wanker.

Nottingham is a shit hole, and the people there can't seem to handle their drink. I bet half of them didn't even know the name of Froch's opponent.
The people at the fight have got nothing to do with the place, yup its got its crime but so has every other city in country. At nearly every sporting event people are kicked out of.
Carnage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I saw three different fights. The first was up at at the tiered seats, and they were fully smacking eachother in the face. Both were dragged out promptly. The other one was a women being escored out from the floor seats, not to sure what she was doing. And who could forget the ringside altercation, getting yourself kicked out immediately before the main event. Wanker.

Nottingham is a shit hole, and the people there can't seem to handle their drink. I bet half of them didn't even know the name of Froch's opponent.
There were a fair share of arseholes there. Still the improptu undercard beat the **** out of the main event and the "entertainment" which was laid on. Who the **** wants to sing Delilah, WTF is Alice or any of that other shit they played. Ring of fire was ok tho
KingCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
ShaneTheSherrif
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wirral, UK
Posts: 402
vCash: 84
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

I liked the arena itself, very nice. Toilets were awful and too small, the queues were massive. Was quite annoying being surrounded by chavs who were more interested in singing Nottingham Forest songs!
ShaneTheSherrif is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Don't bother wasting me over here anymore, stick to Vegas like me & see how it's done the right way with cheap hotels/booze/grub, top service & great views, it's the only place
duranimal is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
The people at the fight have got nothing to do with the place, yup its got its crime but so has every other city in country. At nearly every sporting event people are kicked out of.
I apologize for insulting your hometown. It didn't treat me good, but I'm prepared to give it another chance.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I would never lose to a white boy
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

I'm not knocking the Arena itself,i was in Block 5 and had a great view.It was just the twat element which admittedly you get everywhere i suppose, and the fact of having to queue for 10 minutes to stand in an inch of piss and then pissing into a toilet bowl that was overflowing with piss,toilet roll and fag butts.
I was ok with paying 3.50 for a pint,the beer was ok and the staff very polite and helpfull.Was paying 4.00 for a 250ml bottle of normal strength carlsberg at the NIA,now thats taking the piss.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #22
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pizza Hut, Ukraine.
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 100
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
I'm not knocking the Arena itself,i was in Block 5 and had a great view.It was just the twat element which admittedly you get everywhere i suppose, and the fact of having to queue for 10 minutes to stand in an inch of piss and then pissing into a toilet bowl that was overflowing with piss,toilet roll and fag butts.
I was ok with paying 3.50 for a pint,the beer was ok and the staff very polite and helpfull.Was paying 4.00 for a 250ml bottle of normal strength carlsberg at the NIA,now thats taking the piss.

FrochPascal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #23
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 2556
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I apologize for insulting your hometown. It didn't treat me good, but I'm prepared to give it another chance.
Please do, its not that bad, just stay away from the gangs really and your home dry!! No was a bit pissed off at the Carl Froch hate, accidently went into the General Forum by mistake, but got to keep telling myself, they're not real people!!!
Carnage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #24
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

I like the trent. 45 for a top ticket (block 15 this time) can't be argued with.

Agree with the others though, the lout element is a bit over the top, and more than I've experienced virtually anywhere else.
Chinny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #25
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
I like the trent. 45 for a top ticket (block 15 this time) can't be argued with.

Agree with the others though, the lout element is a bit over the top, and more than I've experienced virtually anywhere else.
Nottingham is definately a rough old place.
David UK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #26
foreverleeds
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post
I didn't see much fighting apart from a scuffle in the floor seats just before the main event when some bloke got slung out after a second go.

I was inside the arena most of the time. Was there trouble out the back?

I was the same. Literally only saw the one fight down near ringside moments before the main event started. Did'nt see any other trouble before or after - sounds like I was a lucky one.

The toilets were a joke. You could'nt breathe in there with the amount of people smoking, maybe the security and police did'nt stop people doing it to avoid it kicking off.

Plenty of people walking round singing Nottingham Forest songs which i was ok with seeing as though I was a visitor for the night - in Nottingham.

All in all, the arena itself and views were excellent.

Just a pity everything else was sub standard.
foreverleeds is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #27
Johnnyboy
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Got to say the views in the arena were great. We were sat about 6 rows up from the floor and couldn't have asked for better seats. Was a doddle getting to there as well from the city centre.

Aside from that though, I thought the organisation was a bit poor. Took half an hour to get in and a further 40 mins to get a drink even though the bar at the side was shut for some daft reason. They had some poor lass trying to serve about 50 on her todd!
Johnnyboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #28
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverleeds View Post
I was the same. Literally only saw the one fight down near ringside moments before the main event started. Did'nt see any other trouble before or after - sounds like I was a lucky one.

The toilets were a joke. You could'nt breathe in there with the amount of people smoking, maybe the security and police did'nt stop people doing it to avoid it kicking off.

Plenty of people walking round singing Nottingham Forest songs which i was ok with seeing as though I was a visitor for the night - in Nottingham.

All in all, the arena itself and views were excellent.

Just a pity everything else was sub standard.
Plenty of Notts County songs as well
David UK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 484
Default Re: The Trent FM Arena

I thought it was cool, the actual ring area was great and I had dapper seats.

Was also hilarious me and my two brothers bantering at the bar and the barmaids not having a ****ing clue what us scots were saying.

Did bump into some raging loyal protestants who took a shine to our 'glaswegian' accents.


Nightmare to find though, we drove past hooters and the BT building about twenty times, that after ending up in north wales at 10pm and thinking we were in nottingham, then again thinking we were in nottingham in uttoxetter and Derby... ****ing M6 ****ed it all up.
Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013