Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Can Wlad be beat?

It seems for the last couple years Wlad has been not just beating the competition but destroying it, aside from when he fought Peter in september of 05 no has even put up a good fight against him. Is it that the division is that weak or is it that Wlads just too strong. Is there anybody that could beat Wlad, if so then who?
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Can Wlad be beat?

Wladimir can be beat - anybody can, but he is head and shoulders above anybody. I wouldn't favor anybody over him right now. He's been fighting so smart and Manny has really helped him develop.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

lENNOX LEWIS CAN COME OUT OF RETIREMENT AND BEAT HIM
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Brooklyn I didnt mean to say the same thing you did. We just both were writing at the same time.
Great minds think alike
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Wladimir can be beat - anybody can, but he is head and shoulders above anybody. I wouldn't favor anybody over him right now. He's been fighting so smart and Manny has really helped him develop.
The 3 people I give the best chance of beating Wlad are Peter because of his strong chin and power, Chagaev because of his style and his above average abilitys, Mccall because of his determination and his highly rated iron chin.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
jbrunner3

Wlad is easily the best heavyweight out there. If Peter improves more against Maskaev, he could potentially beat him. Chagaev and Ibragimov are probably skilled enough to win a few rounds, but not beat him.
jbrunner3 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Impossible. Nobody has ever beaten Wlad.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The great thing about Wlad is that any one can beat him and he can probably beat any one.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Peter would beat him in a rematch.....thats about it...anybody else just has a punchers or a heavyweights chance. But that glass jaw can be cracked..oh shit I sound like Zakman.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
lENNOX LEWIS CAN COME OUT OF RETIREMENT AND BEAT HIM
Not likely. Even if Today's Lewis made a comeback he'd have a hard time beating Wlad, who is coming into his own. That doesn't mean prime for prime mind you......................
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Peter wouldnt beat him in a rematch. Peter is still a plodding fighter, and his hadn speed is slow. While he may not be as crude now Wladimir is the far more superior boxer. And considering how much more confident Wlad is now he could probably knock Peter out. He fought tentative in the first fight and still won almost every round. Besides, Peters knockdowns were scored on rabbit punches as opposed to clean and accurate punching. Peter is still very easy to hit, and that combined with Wladimirs boxing and confidence and superior reach and hand speed makes me believe that Wladimir would most likely just win a another lopsided decision or score a late round TKO.
If you gave me a choice to pick one Heavywieght to beat Wlad it would be Peter, his style is reckless to say the least and so are his punches. As far as the Rabbit punches go they were perfectly legal seeing that Wlad turned his head the one time and the other he put his head down, what did you want Peter to do stop punching until Wlad put his head back up? Wlad was obviously hurt by Peters punches, even before the Rabbit punches which accounted for 2 of the 3 knockdowns. Wlad is better now and so is Peter, right now in the Heavywieght division this is this the fight I want to see.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Not only his skills and power, but his rare dedication to always be in shape and in great fighting condition is also a factor in why he's so dominant.

Some fighters don't have half the self discipline he and Vitali have.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #13
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree Wladimir is by far the world's No. 1 HW, but we also have not seen him against a fearsome, aggressive puncher in quite some time.

Brewster was shot, Austin a non-entity, Brock too limited offensively, Byrd a punching bag.

Let's see how he responds to a big hitter determined to come forward.

I like WK, but it seems like people suddenly people are forgetting that he can be hit, hurt and gassed. Manny has been great for him, but Wladimir is more vulnerable than he's appeared to be lately. Just maybe not now, against today's HWs.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Not likely. Even if Today's Lewis made a comeback he'd have a hard time beating Wlad, who is coming into his own. That doesn't mean prime for prime mind you......................
I agree.
I had a very heated discussion with my brother regarding Lennox Lewis vs. Wladimir Klitschko and Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko prime for prime.
I said you have to give Wladimir at least a 5-10% chance of beating them, because both Tyson and Lewis have been starched or stopped in their respective primes. But he insisted that the possibility of Wladimir being able to beat them is less then a mere 1% !!
He even tried to make a case that Tyson is greater then Ali and that Tyson could compare his wins with Ali's ... and that it's bullshit that Tyson never rose against adversity.. oh well

Wlad would tear Lennox up right now.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
He Hate Me
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

for some reason there is a hate machine against wlad imo especially on this site.
He Hate Me is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum