Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #16
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Can Wlad be beat?

So far I don't see anyone in the division that stands a chance against Wladimir who ALWAYS comes prepared regardless of the opponent.
Scar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #17
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Umm, you do know that he has been TKOed three times right? Or do you mean in the context of anyone winning a decision against him. Because in that case I agree that the only way to beat Wladimir is to knock him out.
That is impossible. Wlad cannot be beaten.

Perhaps you're confusing him with somebody else?

Last edited by Mercury4; 06-27-2006 at 05:36 AM.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #18
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A "ready" Sam Peter can beat Wlad. The first time they fought, Peter was way too green and inexperienced. He was not ready for a fighter on Wlad's level. I think 2 more fights and Sam will be ready for the rematch. It is clearly the fight everyone wants to see and is by far the most attractive and potentially exciting HW bout out there. Anyone that can't admit that is fooling nobody.

swedeone is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #19
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
A "ready" Sam Peter can beat Wlad. The first time they fought, Peter was way too green and inexperienced. He was not ready for a fighter on Wlad's level. I think 2 more fights and Sam will be ready for the rematch. It is clearly the fight everyone wants to see and is by far the most attractive and potentially exciting HW bout out there. Anyone that can't admit that is fooling nobody.

Its definitely the fight I most want to see in the Heavywieght division, I feel Peter poses the greatest threat to Wlad right now.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #20
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
Its definitely the fight I most want to see in the Heavywieght division, I feel Peter poses the greatest threat to Wlad right now.

I couldn't agree more.

If Sam can actually land a true power shot this time, I think Wlad will be in a world of trouble. I think the fact that Wlad hasn't been touched in like 5 fights now will be a HUGE disadvantage to him. I think when Sam rings his bell good, he;ll drop his hands and have one of his "deer in the headlights panic attacks" and that'll be the end of him.

My prediction is... Peter by TKO in round 8.

Last edited by JohnThomas1; 06-27-2006 at 06:33 AM.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #21
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
I couldn't agree more.

If Sam can actually land a true power shot this time, I think Wlad will be in a world of trouble. I think the fact that Wlad hasn't been touched in like 5 fights now will be a HUGE disadvantage to him. I think when Sam rings his bell good, he;ll drop his hands and have one of his "deer in the headlights panic attacks" and that'll be the end of him.

My prediction is... Peter by TKO in round 8.
While I agree Peter will knock him out I feel it will happen a little earlier, I think the 6 round sounds about right. Now that Peter has learned not to smother his punches and to take a step back then throw, will serve him well if he meets Wlad again.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #22
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

The person I feel has the greatest chance to beat Wladimir is Samuel Peter...simply because of his chin, determination, physical strength, and punching power. However, he will need to devise a better plan to get inside of Wladimir's jab and work to the body. Plus, he needs to come in at 240.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I wouldn't bet on it, cause he's clearly the best heavy in the world right now with no real strong contendors...

But can he? A guy with Wladimir's chin who already holds losses to such fighters as Ross Purity, Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster? While the Purity mistake will never happen again, Wlad can surely be knocked out... Especially in the heavyweight division.

Don't count on it though. I agree that Peter has the best chance of getting to him.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #24
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

No way he never lost and never will
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #25
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

Wlad does have a glass jaw and starts slow.
Anyone can go out banging and throwing bombs early and catch Wlad just like
Sanders did. I think most are intimidated.
Please don't let Holyfield make it that far! lol
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 AM   #26
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
It seems for the last couple years Wlad has been not just beating the competition but destroying it, aside from when he fought Peter in september of 05 no has even put up a good fight against him. Is it that the division is that weak or is it that Wlads just too strong. Is there anybody that could beat Wlad, if so then who?
Look at the opponents though, Byrd, well he beat him before anyway before ge4ttn ko`d, Brock was a nobody, Austin was hapless hopeless and probably homeless, Brewster had one eye and came into the ring with the eye burned into his psyche and hdnt sparred for fear of damaging it.
None of those guys hit wlad, partially due to being hopeless! Anyone that actually tries to land can beat wlad.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 AM   #27
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic
I agree.
I had a very heated discussion with my brother regarding Lennox Lewis vs. Wladimir Klitschko and Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko prime for prime.
I said you have to give Wladimir at least a 5-10% chance of beating them, because both Tyson and Lewis have been starched or stopped in their respective primes. But he insisted that the possibility of Wladimir being able to beat them is less then a mere 1% !!
He even tried to make a case that Tyson is greater then Ali and that Tyson could compare his wins with Ali's ... and that it's bullshit that Tyson never rose against adversity.. oh well

Wlad would tear Lennox up right now.
Wlad would tear Ali up right now too! Ali is past it too.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:42 AM   #28
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sam Peter's hype train is out of control, I just can not see what is so amazing about this fighter. He has minute puncher's chance (plodding, crude punchers chance at that) against Wlad. Last time he fought, Wlad was just about at his all-time low.

As for whether Wlad can be beaten, at this point in time it is hard to see a fighter that can do it. I think Wlad has come into his prime and there isnt an elite fighter out there today who can challenge him. Does not mean that this kind of heavyweight will not emerge, there are too many glaring weaknesses in Wlad's game for it not to get exposed again at some point.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #29
jordan230420

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrub
Wlad would tear Ali up right now too! Ali is past it too.
hell no, ali is just getting into his prime, vlad couldnt touch him, w/ that parkinsons he never stops moving, so hed be pretty tough to hit
jordan230420 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 AM   #30
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wlad could be beaten though that boxer is still 20yrs old now. Wait for a few more years and he will emerge.
hmi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum