Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368
Default Re: Hatton eyes knockout win over Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
Hatton can't outbox Mayweather. But he can knock him out.
will be a very hard task but hey RJJ got KO'ed and i thought that would never happen so....who knows....still thinks its highly unprobable because Floyd protects his body and head ery very well...RJJ didnt.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #17
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
will be a very hard task but hey RJJ got KO'ed and i thought that would never happen so....who knows....still thinks its highly unprobable because Floyd protects his body and head ery very well...RJJ didnt.
Well, that's why the word CAN is being used here.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #18
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Will be hard. I agree to that. But its the way Hatton can win.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #19
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Vicky Fatton's only hope is that Mayweather spends more time dancing than boxing and blows the fight.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #20
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Hatton's pure class. Mayweather can have all the money in the world, but that will never buy class. Just his hanger-onners and suck-ups.
Bullshit! You ever see that S-Class Mayweather has parked in his driveway? That car is nice. Mayweather can buy all types of class. S-Class, SL-Class, SLK-Class. Whatever class he wants.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #21
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Bullshit! You ever see that S-Class Mayweather has parked in his driveway? That car is nice. Mayweather can buy all types of class. S-Class, SL-Class, SLK-Class. Whatever class he wants.

Honestly, if I'm a millionaire, I couldn't care less what some fans thought of me. Seriously. All I have to do is feed my family, friends and die.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #22
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera
"He'll never have the love of the fans the way he carries on."

"Some fighters are just happy to get the win," he said in a sneering reference to Mayweather's defensive tactics. "It's never my intention to just get the win.
"I like to think that when I retire, when you put on fight videos from your home library of the exciting fights, mine will be up there before Floyd's. That's important to me, very important to me. That's why I've got the following I've got.
"That's why fans like me, because they can relate to me."
I'm fairly certain, when you reach Mayweather's level, that your legacy and how history will remember you is FAR more important than what the fans at the time thought (which in time, usually changes. We all wouldn't be fans of some of the "old school" guys, if we really knew them).

As the guy above said - he's got his family, friends, children, and milllions. PLUS history.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg

That's just a car.

Last edited by Mohak; 06-27-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Ahhhhh yes.... the night and day difference in this matchup

Personality, styles, reality are all opposite one another here.

It really pains me to favor Floyd as I long for the reality that may ever make Floyd a better person and thats a LOSS!!!!

I believe that deflating his bullshit ego would make him a better man in the long run. The best Champions lost(Marciano being the exception and timing certainly attributed to it, as in Louis and Moore were past their best days). SRR 128-1-2??? In 15 and 20 round fights??? C'mon thats some other type shit, quite a mark to overcome. It burns me when Floyd acts as he does but hasnt shown he could walk a mile in those shoes.

I mean humans arent perfect, its a goal to be strived for, but one thats never attained. Learning how to handle adversity, discovering humility, and then overcoming adversity are all parts of being whole.

I hope that Ricky Hatton is to Floyd what Lamotta was to SRR when he was 40-0. The lesser skilled but more determined fighter that rises to the occasion, shows no fear, brings everything he has, and shocks the world.

The odds dont favor it and the circumstances seem all in Floyds favor, but win, lose, or draw?? I believe that Hatton shows up and gives Floyd a much tougher contest than expected.

Whoever wins?? There's big fights for them to make and define their legacy and place among the best.

I'm hoping nice guy's dont always finish last
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #25
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

Mayweather has been losing fans because of the way he portrays his Im holly'er than god attitude and everyone else isn't worth an empty bag. Hatton is selling the tickets here.
Hatton has a personality as well and is a fan favorite. I hope Hatton doesn't chase the runner all night, but should just stand in the middle of the ring and wave PBF in while working the crowd.
When I watch, I'll boo the runner who's avoiding a fight.
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #26
holmes

vCash: 390

I think Hatton will prove the point that nobody is invincable. I truly think he'll rise to the occasion on this one and take it. At the very least that is what I want to beleive....

Mayweather is a cunt........ just had to throw that in there
holmes is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #27
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

I don't think Floyd will allow Ricky near him. If Ricky can't catch him, he cant hit him. If he cant hit him, Ricky will get frustrated and blow his cool. This is how Floyd will box this match. Ricky needs to play the crowd. Also, Floyd's corner will complain about inside holding and rough-housing tactics Ricky will need to use to finally land some leather.
The ref will be pro-Floyd unfortunatly.
Ricky will have a long night but I'm pulling for him.
I'd like to see Floyd stand in the middle of the ring and bang (but we all know we'll never see it!)
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #28
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

why does everyone think the only posible way hatton can beat floyd is via knockout? sure there is no way in hell hatton can OUTBOX the master at boxing BUT outwork him? hell yeah!

why? because of punishment. the rounds floyd lost against oscar for example were simply down to floyd covering up because he could still feel the power or he got hit hard and didn't like it. you can be the best boxer in the world, but if your worried about getting hit and do all that shoulder rolling then your not scoring points.

mayweathers punch output has been dropping as he climbed weight divisions. it's a combination of the extra weight, the danger of the heavier punches. (afterall he was dazed pretty bad in the 140 division by average hitting demarcus corley)

so to say hatton cannot win by UD, SD, MD is rediculous. of outbox? impossible, outwork, very possible

now: hatton is extremely strong, very busy, messy, mentally stronger than a lot of mayweathers most recent opponents, younger and in his priime than some of the others, and very quick hands and feet at times. and a chin like baldomir's.

the only big guy who tried to pressure him properly was back in 2002, jose castillio at 135 pounds. ever since then he's faced fighters who are more boxers than brawlers who tried the pressure tactic.

de la hoya is not a pressure fighter, nor a brawler. so despite what some people think floyd is facing a real dangerous style now.

a real geniune 140 pounder, who excells at pressure fighting and extremely dangerous mentally and physically.

i dont think hatton has the skills to ko floyd as you need laser like precision to hit the slippery eel, but i do think if he go's nuts for all 12 rounds, the judges will be left with no choice but to award the busier fighter. sure floyd will have a way higher connection percentile, but his overall punchstats will be lower than hatton.
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 AM   #29
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
How the hell can you not like the Hitman??? Man, I hope he wins.
Same here. What a cool guy. I hope he beats the crap out of PBF....but I wouldn't bet my money on it unfortunately
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #30
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

This how Mayweather sell fights, he's been doing that stuff for a minute now. He wouldn't be fighting Hatton if he didn't respect him. Somebody got to play the bad guy. Hatton can hang up the knocking thing too, it ain't going to happen
Alo2006 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum