Blacc Jesus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #32
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton eyes knockout win over Mayweather

Mayweather was once a crowd favorite because he was a fresh face. Lately he's gotten to be a runner and the crowd doesn't like that. Hatton has a personality that is liked by many, the new face. He's not arrogant and can rile the crowd and judges. Should be interesting.
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #33
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

BUT....... you cannot KO what you can't hit!
A low blow or two may slow Mayrunner down a bit enough to rough him up.
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #34
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc#1
hatton is dreaming he is very lucky kostya was very old and he used to 2 cheap shot low blows to tire kostya badly down the stretch hold and hit thats all he's got
Stop with the excuses,believe me i learned to not bet against hatton and floyd fought mitchell after this soo called old kostya destroyed him,but u fail to mention that,i have come to the conclusion that hatton is gonna give floyd a beating.Floyd doesn't have enough punching power to keep hatton off of him and when hatton starts hitting floyd's body i expect floyd to be on his bike,but that will only weaken his legs,especially in the later rounds and that's why floyd knows he has to fight and stand his ground.

Last edited by joeburo; 06-27-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 AM   #35
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
Stop with the excuses,believe me i learned to not bet against hatton and floyd fought mitchell after this soo called old kostya destroyed him,but u fail to mention that,i have come to the conclusion that hatton is gonna give floyd a beating.Floyd doesn't have enough punching power to keep hatton off of him and when hatton starts hitting floyd's body i expect floyd to be on his bike,but that will only weaken his legs,especially in the later rounds and that's why floyd knows he has to fight and stand his ground.

The problem is that Mayweather is always in top shape. Call me crazy but I think the guy can hit and run the whole match without tiring. I have seen more than one Mayweather fight where at the end he is barely breaking a sweat
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:38 AM   #36
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
why does everyone think the only posible way hatton can beat floyd is via knockout? sure there is no way in hell hatton can OUTBOX the master at boxing BUT outwork him? hell yeah!

why? because of punishment. the rounds floyd lost against oscar for example were simply down to floyd covering up because he could still feel the power or he got hit hard and didn't like it. you can be the best boxer in the world, but if your worried about getting hit and do all that shoulder rolling then your not scoring points.

mayweathers punch output has been dropping as he climbed weight divisions. it's a combination of the extra weight, the danger of the heavier punches. (afterall he was dazed pretty bad in the 140 division by average hitting demarcus corley)

so to say hatton cannot win by UD, SD, MD is rediculous. of outbox? impossible, outwork, very possible

now: hatton is extremely strong, very busy, messy, mentally stronger than a lot of mayweathers most recent opponents, younger and in his priime than some of the others, and very quick hands and feet at times. and a chin like baldomir's.

the only big guy who tried to pressure him properly was back in 2002, jose castillio at 135 pounds. ever since then he's faced fighters who are more boxers than brawlers who tried the pressure tactic.

de la hoya is not a pressure fighter, nor a brawler. so despite what some people think floyd is facing a real dangerous style now.

a real geniune 140 pounder, who excells at pressure fighting and extremely dangerous mentally and physically.

i dont think hatton has the skills to ko floyd as you need laser like precision to hit the slippery eel, but i do think if he go's nuts for all 12 rounds, the judges will be left with no choice but to award the busier fighter. sure floyd will have a way higher connection percentile, but his overall punchstats will be lower than hatton.
completely agree with this post
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #37
29October1996
Journeyman

If the ref can count 10 over fresh air, then Hatton has a point.
29October1996 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #38
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Unfortunately, as much as I like Ricky, I see this fight going like the Jake LaMotta v Ray Robinson fight, a pressure fighter up against a slick boxer and getting cut to ribbons.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #39
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
hatton is dreaming he is very lucky kostya was very old and he used to 2 cheap shot low blows to tire kostya badly down the stretch hold and hit thats all he's got
don't forget that they made old pops zoo fight at 2am. he should have been tucked up in bed with a glass of milk by then.

maybe one day some of you kosta apologists will just accept that he got battered by the better fighter.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:27 AM   #40
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Actually Hatton will pose a problem for Floyd because Hatton likes to hug while Floyd is allergic to hugging. Floyd can try to run but he will still be caught by Hatton...with his hugs. lol

Only Malignaggi can pause a problem for Hatton.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #41
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

Hatton is a funny guy. Win or lose, I expect his post-fight comments to be funny as f**k. And the closer this fight gets the more I can actually see it turning into a good fight. Both fighters are going to have to eat a lot of shots if they want to win. As good as Floyd's skills are his defense is not impregnable. If he does win this fight, which I think he will, but comes through a true war, he will do more to cement his legacy than any other fight in his career. As much as the Floyd Fan Boys rave about him destroying Hatton, they should at least be glad that their boy will finally have a chance to silence a lot of his critics.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #42
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
That's just a car.
No shit it's just a car. In the end, Mayweather is just a boxer. What the **** do you care how much class he supposedly has?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #43
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
just another whinger who hasn't got a clue
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #44
djb2009
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
No shit it's just a car. In the end, Mayweather is just a boxer. What the **** do you care how much class he supposedly has?
SPECIAL BOY
djb2009 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #45
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
**** off dippitt cunt. You don't get lucky in boxing. You win or lose
David UK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum