Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Sam Soliman... What if

If he wins Contender. Beats Bika again in an exciting final. Can he do anything in the SMW division? How would he go against Bute or Berrio. I reckon he could give Bute a decent fight, that ****er is over rated like all hell. But really, what chance does he have against Choc, Kess or JC. Sweet FA in my opinion. He should use this for the stardom then go back to middle. Have a crack at some of the vacant titles if/when Taylor moves up. Thoughts?
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Sam Soliman... What if

I think if he wins ,then he has got the exposure, he can drop to middle and make some waves, and maybe win a title.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #3
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Glad to see someone else who doesn't think Bute is next best thing. I've never been that impressed with him, I don't know if Sam could beat him though. Sam should go back to middle, if Pavlik, Taylor, etc are all coming up, then middle might present some kind of opportunity for Sam.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
If he wins Contender. Beats Bika again in an exciting final. Can he do anything in the SMW division? How would he go against Bute or Berrio. I reckon he could give Bute a decent fight, that ****er is over rated like all hell. But really, what chance does he have against Choc, Kess or JC. Sweet FA in my opinion. He should use this for the stardom then go back to middle. Have a crack at some of the vacant titles if/when Taylor moves up. Thoughts?
yeah back to middle for him - but even then i cant help thinking that all Sammy has is an ugly style and great conditioning. After watching his fight in the 3rd episode of the contender im really unimpressed. Besides being fit enough to fight 30 rounds he seems to have little power, poor defense and very sloppy punches. He isnt made to bang with the SMW boys, his punches just arent effective enough. The minute someone like Mundine has his style figured out again he will get flogged. I like the guy but i just think he is very mediocre

Last edited by one punch; 06-27-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Glad to see someone else who doesn't think Bute is next best thing. I've never been that impressed with him, I don't know if Sam could beat him though. Sam should go back to middle, if Pavlik, Taylor, etc are all coming up, then middle might present some kind of opportunity for Sam.
Yeah Bute would get exposed big time against Choc, Kess or JC. Haven't seen Berrio so I can't really comment. Sam is too small for SMW. I think even in the contender he will have a tough time against the bigger guys. Sam v Pittman or Sam v Sturm would be good match ups.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Either Mundine was just that good that night or Sammy needs to go to middle.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 02:58 AM   #7
dakota prince

Sam soliman looked awful in his first fight of the contender.

He should retire. He has had it.

No skill at all.

Was good but now he is just getting hit too many times
dakota prince is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #8
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
Either Mundine was just that good that night or Sammy needs to go to middle.
he he a little from column a and a little from column b PCE.i had a feeling mundine would KO sam put $25 on it @ $4.sam needs to go to middle.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #9
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
yeah back to middle for him - but even then i cant help thinking that all Sammy has is an ugly style and great conditioning. After watching his fight in the 3rd episode of the contender im really unimpressed. Besides being fit enough to fight 30 rounds he seems to have little power, poor defense and very sloppy punches. He isnt made to bang with the SMW boys, his punches just arent effective enough. The minute someone like Mundine has his style figured out again he will get flogged. I like the guy but i just think he is very mediocre
I think this is pretty spot on. He is getting past it now. He needs to tidy things up more, he wastes a lot of energy with his wild punches.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #10
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He is way too small at 168 to do anything, hell he is a small MW he would probably be a star at 154 which he can easily make.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

I'd like to see him get a shot at the title at 160 against any of the champs. Taylor/Abraham/Sturm.

But if someone else wins it, I reckon it would be a good fight for Mundine to take on the winner. It will provide exposure and money and a crack at the big time in the U.S.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester56
Hey MSTR, was that really u in the photo with your brother?
cuz u sound much older, like some1 in their 30's or 40's the way u write.

Yeah thats definitely me, although its an old photo and it does make me look young (IMO anyway).

You would be suprised at some of the ages of guys here.

I thought Sweet Pea (general forum) was a 30 year old black man, but it turns out he is an 18 year old white guy. Still, doesn't make his posts any less valid though, just took me by suprise. Your probably in the same boat from what I can gather.

I am turning 22 in a couple months.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #13
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The problem for the contender guys is as I understand it they are locked into promotional agreements for years afterwards and unless I am mistakin those promotors would insist on promoting any matchup they have for that length of time. Essentially therefore any top notch fighters in any division would be attached to other promotional groups and therefore said fights would be stiffled. That applies to Mundine as well. He is not going to fight under any of these guys promotions.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:22 AM   #14
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
The problem for the contender guys is as I understand it they are locked into promotional agreements for years afterwards and unless I am mistakin those promotors would insist on promoting any matchup they have for that length of time. Essentially therefore any top notch fighters in any division would be attached to other promotional groups and therefore said fights would be stiffled. That applies to Mundine as well. He is not going to fight under any of these guys promotions.
You are right about the contracts. Its a shame that they do it this way, because if they didn't it would attract, WAY more fighters to the show. They could actually get the very best contenders in the division, which would make the show fantastic to watch.

Still, this season pool has been fairly decent so far, with a good mix of young and old.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 AM   #15
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester56
Yea, im actually a 59 year old woman from New Zealand.

j/k.

Just as I suspected
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum