Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Williams should fight Sergio Martinez and F U KP.

Never been sold on Pavlik.

The guy punches like he is under water, very simple, one, two or even a one, two, body shot.

Martinez v Williams lets get it on
KCD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
I'm sure if P Will-Martinez fight at 160 some title will be on the line but you can't strip a fighter of the linear title. Therefore Kelly Pavlik will remain the true Linear MW Champ even if he gets stripped by the ABCs.
I understand the theoretical lineal stuff or the fictitious ring belt but that will not help Kelly in a return. If he gets stripped it will be for a 2 fight cancellation within a 3 month turnaround. Someone like Ricky Hatton for example who was stripped but still "champ", floated up to 147 on his own accord but never rapid fired canceled fights and lost real monies for attorney billable hours, advertising, retainers, event location, hbo slot dates etc. This is a whole nother creature...a true blackball!
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

by the way, who and when do you guys think Pavlik will be fighting next? lol

I think Kelly will be fighting Andy Lee and John Duddy in his next two fights taking him into year 2012. One will be held on Versus on a Tuesday night and the other will be held in a Tijuana warehouse where Margarito and Guzman will fight on the undercard. If you subscribe now, it will only cost you 10 pesos where Telimunda will throw in a free hard shell taco and a "how to" book on plaster wrappings. For 5 pesos more you can get a bottle of sanitizer to guard against staph lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
In fairness, I read earlier on Rafael's ESPN blog that the staph infection isn't the problem; it's the fact that the surgical wounds that were created to remove the infection haven't healed properly. Either way, it's completely KP's fault for ****ing about with it in the first place like a complete unprofessional twat. Also remember that his farcical reign as the heir to the 160 throne is two years old now. What has he done in that time at 160? Beat up on Whobio and Lockett. Wow.
I know TR must be embarrassed by cancelling not once but twice! Bob despite his BS doesn't f*ck around like that. I think Bob played this game back in June/July telling Kelly's father that he was pulling the Mora fight even though the dad claimed Kelly wanted to go. This was Bob stalling a King AA joint so we knew the score. But the wheels have fallen off with this 2 fight cancellation within 3 months so legal eagle Bob won't even appeal an outright strip. GET ON WITH IT - bye bye belts.

btw, Pavlik is just shitting where he eats at and you don't do that. Regardless of what he's got he's f%cked the fans over! Gatti needed a successor in Atlantic City to fight cans on the regular, looks like he has one now.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

It would be rough on the WBC #1 & 2 contenders just to parachute Williams and A.N.Other in for a title shot. If the WBC do it properly and strip Pavlik the vacant title should be fought for between Spada and Zbik, it ain't ***y, but its the right thing to do.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

^ Are you serious? Step back and take a good, long hard look at those guys you mentioned and you'll notice that Paul and Sergio spit more boxing and are waaay more credible to contest such a prestigious title.

btw as a diehard i yearn for the way it was back in the 80's when the sweet science was a thriving sport right up there. Well if the majority can't see just how refreshing the Carolina kid is by going to 160 and calling fighters out in 4 weight classes...and destroying a boricua southpaw in a rematch...then maybe boxing is a dying sport? But I choose to toast this "gangsta" for his Homicide Hank and Ray Robinson approach!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Pavlik won't get stripped of either the lineal or the the Ring title for this. He'll be able to promote a future fight at 160 on the back of those titles.

BTW the Ring title isn't 'ficticious' S&C, no matter what you think of it, it def. does exist!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #23
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
^ Are you serious? Step back and take a good, long hard look at those guys you mentioned and you'll notice that Paul and Sergio spit more boxing and are waaay more credible to contest such a prestigious title.
Of course i'm serious. Fighters who work themselves into a contenders slot should expect to be able to fight for the title, and shouldn't have to suffer having other fighters parachuted over the top of them, however mouthwatering a prospect you think it may be.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

A mention for some people who this is even more F'ed for because of the Pavlik camp playing games (seriously if the boy's got Staph you don't schedule a Williams fight) firstly Jushua and Carlos. Those two are out of a payday. Whats worst is Carlos cancelling a date in P.R. only to here "fights off...the Ghost pulled out" Garbage all around. Not fair for those guys and not fair for us fans. Also a mention to all those people who already had a ticket. This is not good for the game.

And people wonder why I'm so hard on Kelly. Like most of us are calling for just strip this fool and be done with the games, if not then you jokers tell me how long the belt should be in witness protection?? 2 years? 3. And once the staph clears up who is this hype job gonna fight? AA...nope. Sergio or Paul...I doubt it. Sorry but I'm not so in love with the whole "simple guy" from a small town to sit through another run against the likes of Super Rubio.

Last edited by slip&counter; 10-23-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
LocoRoco
★★★★★
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

KP is a joker PW should forget that fight
LocoRoco is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #26
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Pavlik won't get stripped of either the lineal or the the Ring title for this. He'll be able to promote a future fight at 160 on the back of those titles.

BTW the Ring title isn't 'ficticious' S&C, no matter what you think of it, it def. does exist!!
My respect for the ring belt has vastly decreased ever since golden boy took over the rankings have been shite - Caballero no.8 p4p wtf?? lol

Btw i'm not following people here. If you get stripped of the middleweight championship of the world you don't have crap attached to your name except for headlining a 10 round fight on FNF's. Heck even Muhammad Ali had to fight 2 non title fights before getting back in the ring against Frazier for the undisputed title. Of course the political machine found the two toughest brawlers on planet earth for Ali to face before going after his belts again vs. Joe and that was Quarry and Bonavena. And this was after 3 1/2 years of A-1 political draft BS and in the Heavyweight division where there's no higher class to be exiled to.

However like you said Bob knows how to work the political angles so he can probabily find some ways to keep Pavlik relevant. But strip him and we'll discuss Kelly's "12 step program" recovery later. Strip him now for the good of Boxing!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #27
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoRoco View Post
KP is a joker PW should forget that fight
well said.

I'll give Williams more credit for beating Martinez or Clottey or maybe even Sergei. Pavlik is and always has been a bag of wank imo. Another schooling waiting to happen.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
My respect for the ring belt has vastly decreased ever since golden boy took over the rankings have been shite - Caballero no.8 p4p wtf?? lol
That still doesn't make the Ring belt "ficticious" though does it?

Quote:
Btw i'm not following people here. If you get stripped of the middleweight championship of the world you don't have crap attached to your name except for headlining a 10 round fight on FNF's. Heck even Muhammad Ali had to fight 2 non title fights before getting back in the ring against Frazier for the undisputed title. Of course the political machine found the two toughest brawlers on planet earth for Ali to face before going after his belts again vs. Joe and that was Quarry and Bonavena. And this was after 3 1/2 years of A-1 political draft BS and in the Heavyweight division where there's no higher class to be exiled to.
Thats a bad example. Ali was told he couldn't fight for 3 years by the American Government so the boxing bodies held a 18 month tournament to find a new champion. Thats not the same as Pavlik missing a couple of dates through injury and getting stripped because us Internet fans are getting a bit bored of waiting.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Anyway i'm done talking about these recent events anymore because I'm so unbelievably frustrated. You all know what I think should happen within a 2 week timeframe. The organizations simply come together and make it happen for the 3 letter network that has now lost even more legal dollars and retainers in this farce. Like GW Bush said: "Fool me once, uh uh shame on m?e...fool me, fool m?e, well uh I can't be fooled again" lol!

Btw Gaz....I'm throwing "clowns" "BS" and especially "blackball" around too much because I don't mean a Panama Lewis type thing...just mean it in relation to strip.

I swore I wasn't gonna get worked up about this so I'll digress as this aint good for my blood pressure lol. It's at C. Clay levels right now before the weigh in for Liston I lol.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #30
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Williams fans claim he would knock Vitali out, watch and see...........
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum