Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
D Coldwell
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Ryan Rhodes - European Champion!

Thanks very much to everyone who has posted on here about the fight last night. What an amazing night!

I'm totally over the moon for Ryan, a really nice kid who has come back from the bottom of the pile to prove that he still has what it takes to achieve in this business.
He showed that he can stand and fight, go into the trenches and gut it out. He's learnt a lot over the years and is now using that experience.
No matter what happens now, people know he's not just flash and tricky..the man can fight too.
Jamie Moore is such a nice fella too who always gives 100% and is always gonna be a boxing fans favourite. He was fantastic after the fight, as both were. I've said before that we're big Jamie Moore fans, but even more so after last night.
We expected to have to stand and fight jamie after a 3 or 4 rounds... but ryan had to adjust and stand earlier because jamie was just so strong and closed the gap quicker.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support, whether or not people tipped ryan or jamie, the build up to this fight was great, no nonsense personal insults, just boxing fans havin banter and sharing opinions.

Also wanna say a big thanks to the lads who helped with sparring, they were invaluable.
D Coldwell is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Default Re: Ryan Rhodes - European Champion!

I honestly thought Moore would have too much for Rhodes. The fact that Rhodes won was a fantastic result for him, but the way in which he did it was nothing short of sensational and he was a huge credit to himself on the night. Rhodes deserves all the praise he gets and hopefully he'll now land a final eliminator with mini-Chavez.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
DON1
ICEMAN
ESB Addict

You know what I have watched Rhodes from the spice boy days till now and I tell ya he can fight. I though Moore would be far too strong for Rhodes but I was totally wrong. Gutted for Moore but I'm pleased for Rhodes at the same time. He deserves it.
DON1 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Well done to all, that was an incredible fight. Re-match? I'd pay to see that...Dave great work again. I can't be too pleased about the result- Jamie is my favourite fighter but that was an incredible performance from Ryan. You did a great job getting him ready.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
the-demon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i have also watched alot of rhodes over the years,he showed a champions heart last night but showed he can adapt to win the fight...
both fighters showed utter respect for each other in the post fight interviews....
the-demon is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
johnny2sprouts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

As the cliche goes, boxing was the winner last night. I feel bad for Moore as he always carries himself well but really happy for Rhodes. A great night.
johnny2sprouts is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was everything you want in a fight - drama, skill and a great finish. The seventh round was an absolute thriller.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Well done to Rhodes and all those who have been with him over the last few years. Rhodes is a great credit to the sport and to Yorkshire. A special mention to Coldwell too. I never doubted Ryan could pull it off and was very surprised that most people considered him the underdog, Moore took a huge leap up in class and got the hype for last nights fight so well done to Rhodes.

Moore can come back and do well on the domestic scene, hopefully we will see him fight Small next year.

Rhodes has always had the class but now I think he can go from being a Euro champ to a world champ. Alot of the guys at the elite level are made for Ryan.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lets hope the team can capitalise on that win with some decent money making European title fights or a winning World title tilt. Ryan should also get some decent sponsorship and opportunities outside the ring after this. Enjoy the win! Rhodes and Moore were a credit to the sport last night, thank you for a great evening. When I thought British boxing on Sky TV was dead, along comes a great domestic battle like this.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Delighted for Ryan... He wenty into Jamie Moore's backyard last night and mixed it up and old manned him to a great win....Well done Rhodesy..

Jamie Moore was a great Champion and I have loved watching his contests over the years, a true warrior...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
colinthfc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Coldwell View Post
Thanks very much to everyone who has posted on here about the fight last night. What an amazing night!

I'm totally over the moon for Ryan, a really nice kid who has come back from the bottom of the pile to prove that he still has what it takes to achieve in this business.
He showed that he can stand and fight, go into the trenches and gut it out. He's learnt a lot over the years and is now using that experience.
No matter what happens now, people know he's not just flash and tricky..the man can fight too.
Jamie Moore is such a nice fella too who always gives 100% and is always gonna be a boxing fans favourite. He was fantastic after the fight, as both were. I've said before that we're big Jamie Moore fans, but even more so after last night.
We expected to have to stand and fight jamie after a 3 or 4 rounds... but ryan had to adjust and stand earlier because jamie was just so strong and closed the gap quicker.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support, whether or not people tipped ryan or jamie, the build up to this fight was great, no nonsense personal insults, just boxing fans havin banter and sharing opinions.

Also wanna say a big thanks to the lads who helped with sparring, they were invaluable.
Lets hope you next post is headed - Ryan Rhodes - World Champ.

The Otis Grant fight was in the wrong division. If he had stayed at 154 he may have been a world champ years ago
colinthfc is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

it was an incredible win when you look through moores form {look where matt macklin is now} and how long rhodes has been around...moore was a proper top class european champion, and IS top class, he'll come back as good as ever for sure ...and rhodes was british champion 13 years ago..13!!...
and rhodes went toe to toe...he fought moores fight...
when you weigh it all up it was some achievement by rhodes.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #13
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

What a fight, well done hats off, Ryan a true warrior. Hope he now goes on and wins the world title.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
bored
rent boy
ESB Senior Member

Got such respect for both guys, if everyone in boxing was like them then we wouldn't have any problems getting coverage.
bored is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Tremendous fight. Credit to both fighters.

Fantastic performance from Ryan. He really toughed it out and produced the finish.

I hope Jamie comes back he's a top fighter.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum