Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #16
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: why was the sky sports presenters blaming floyd for hattons swearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
they could have just apologized and say they cant do anything about it since its live, but no, instead they put the blame on floyd mayweather, by saying.....

"we apologize for the language at the moment, but hatton is being put under a lot of pressure by mayweather, all the taunt that's gone on for the past week"

and

"once again we apologize for the language, but the pressure is certainly upon ricky hatton at the moment, mayweather is a really difficult character to deal with, we apologise"
PBF is getting in Ricky's head it's easy to see. There's no excuse for what Ricky said on live national TV it was truly pathetic. IF PBF did what Ricky did on live TV in America he could never live it down and imagine the hate threads started on ESB.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #17
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why was the sky sports presenters blaming floyd for hattons swearing?

Come on....Hatton isn't losing his cool. Hatton is joking around and a lot of people find it funny. Yes, he swore on national television, but come on...a lot worse things are happening right now. He's not a saint and I've heard him swear before, so don't give me the "he should be ashamed of himself" argument. Floyd is a trash talker and likes to piss his opponenets off...Hatton is witty and humorous.

Take it easy....when Floyd says something regarding Hatton, you guys say Floyd is "owning" him, but when Hatton says something back, he's suddenly losing his cool, pathetic, and is a bad person. Give me a break. More people would find what Hatton said today funnier than Mayweather's comments such as "Vickey Fatton" or calling guys "pussies." Mayweather got a taste of his own medicine...deal with it.

Talk isn't going to help either guy in the ring on December 8th...

with that being said, Mayweather by UD
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

I'm no fan of Hatton, but that was some pretty good shit and I have to admit I liked it. He was sharp, even though a little foul. IMO, Hatton definitely knows what he's doing, knew he was live on T.V., so he almost had to let loose on purpose. I figure his U.K. fans probably loved it. So what the hell.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

oh mayweather is going to get under that man skin, hope ricky can keep his composure cause if he gets all pissy then he is doing exactly what mayweather wants him to do.the fight could be over before it starts mentally.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito32
Floyd is an idiot. He isnt even funny...if he came to the hood he wouldnt act like that. He would keep his mouth shut and hide all of his jewlery.
Wow! So all of a sudden you're an expert on black people in the hood?
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #21
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Wow! So all of a sudden you're an expert on black people in the hood?
oh yeh i forgot, you are.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #22
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi
oh mayweather is going to get under that man skin, hope ricky can keep his composure cause if he gets all pissy then he is doing exactly what mayweather wants him to do.the fight could be over before it starts mentally.
The bottom line is that we wont know how the fighters will perform until they step in the ring. In my years following the sport, I've seen guys really get under their opponent's skin and the opponent will respond one of two ways...

1. It will motivate them to try even harder and leave it all in the ring. They will put up the fight of their life...(Or)

2. The trash talk will throw them off their game and they will not be themselves in the ring. Ex: Take too many risks, look for the knockout, not take enough risks, be too tentative

Like I said, we wont know for sure until the 8th
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Iv never seen Ricky get so abusive on live tv, but ya its silly to blame Floyd for that, after all Ricky is a grown man, he knew it was live on Sky...his fault.

But this is what Mayweather fans over here including myself will have to put up with for the next 3 months, 100% complete, good v bad, negatoive Mayweather, hero Hatton bullshit..

Itl be fun come the 8th though
Healy is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
oh yeh i forgot, you are.
More of an expert than you are I'm black you want to be black...Chav!
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #25
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
More of an expert than you are I'm black you want to be black...Chav!
i'm more black than you'll ever be *****.

whats good in da hood?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #26
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
they didnt say anything that wasnt true. Ricky doesnt usualy act like THAT, so they were aoplogizing for his actions and just letting the viewers know that he is just upset and WHY...
You're totally wrong mate. That was Ricky to a T and very good he was too.

The were apologising for exactly the same reason Letterman will apologise if someone swears on his show, TV stations get complaints by a few sad bastards when there is swearing before the watershed. They will complain that their kid was in the room and heard everything, even though when the parents back is turned, the child will be using words the father never even knew existed. After the watershed (9pm but the rules are very relaxed by 7.30) anything goes but this was about 5.30 I think, so he is made, by the network to apologise incase anyone if offended.

And Rick definately wasn NOT upset, He was buzzing off it. He was having a right laugh about it and just enjoying himself.

The problem here is that the guy speaking over the VT was just a complete ****ing prick who was just trying to cover his arse and make excuses for the language.

I am seriously considering writing in a complaint. I think it is only fair to apologise for the language as it was an early showing and children may have been watching but apologise ONCE! When Ricky has finished talking!! DO NOT ruin the whole interview with your pathetic mumbled apologies.
Triplesod is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #27
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Floyd is an idiot. He isnt even funny...if he came to the hood he wouldnt act like that. He would keep his mouth shut and hide all of his jewlery.
Clown..floyd had his fight after party IN YOUR HOOD...IN DC....lol.....with his jewerly and all that shit....STFU...and yeah..eat some more assholes with Mumbo or Mambo sauce.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #28
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
I thought Hatton was supposed to be real classy, and wasn't bothered by Floyd's antics. I'm suprised he said those things on national T.V like that. I mean, the guy doesn't take himself too seriously like Floyd, so you wouldn't think he would lose his cool like that.
You seem to have little understanding of sarcasm and humour. Ricky was having a laugh with him. It was just banter. I just don't understand why the Americans here seem to have understood something so completely different to the actual event.

He really wasn't bothered by Floyds antics mate, I promise you. He was glad about them as it gave him the oppotunity for a few light gags at his expense.

If any of you really think that Ricky swearing is proof of anything then you are completely wrong. Round here (Manchester) these words are just as normal as most words. They are used artictically and too stress certain things. We find it hard to cool these words down when we are in polite company or on TV because it is just second nature. Believe me, Ricky was purposely holding back on swear words there. If you were to have a pint with Rick in his local (and before anyone says I am guessing, I am not. Ricky is from just down my road and drinks in the same pubs) you would see that these words that so many find offensive are used liberally by everyone, man and woman. We just don't have the same stigma as you do in America, it just isn't taboo.
Triplesod is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #29
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod
You seem to have little understanding of sarcasm and humour. Ricky was having a laugh with him. It was just banter. I just don't understand why the Americans here seem to have understood something so completely different to the actual event.
I was being facetious. It's sometimes hard to detect sarcasm on an internet forum. I really don't give a damn what either of these guys say or do during the pre-fight hype. I just want to see a good fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #30
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod

He really wasn't bothered by Floyds antics mate, I promise you. He was glad about them as it gave him the oppotunity for a few light gags at his expense.
STFU..HE WAS OBVIOUSLY TALKING SHIT B/C FLOYD DID THAT IN HIS DAMNED HOME TOWN WHICH HE RIGHTFULLY SHOULD OF PIMP SMACKED FLOYD..I WOULD..ANYWAY..HE WAS OUTTTTTTTT OF CHARACTER..CURSING ON PUBLIC TV..SOME SHIT FLOYD NEVER DID.THAT IS CLASSLESS..THE SAME CUNTS LIKE YOU BLAIM JANET FOR WHIPPING A TITTY OUT ON TV BUT HATTON CAN SAY "STOP TOUCHING MY DICK" THAT WAS NOT WITTY ..THAT WAS NOT FUNNY...I BET SOME 6 YEAR OLD SAID "WHY DOES HE WANT TO TOUCH HIS DICK DAD?"....LOL
Toopretty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum