Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
FIGHTERS

vCash: 1000
Default New GoldenGloves Special

A new television series featuring up and coming amateur boxers at the 2009 Golden Gloves was recently created, FIGHTERS: Road To The Golden Gloves, and the opening was featured by sports illustrated [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (<---- click the link to view or type “fighters road to the golden gloves opening” into youtube)

As the producer of this project, I firmly believe it is the jump start this great sport truly needs.

We are trying to garner support for this project, and we need the support of boxing fans worldwide. Please email [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with your comments, questions, suggestions, or to see how you can become involved in the creation of this new television series that I hesitate to call reality television, but instead, real television.

Spread the word, and let us know if you’re interested in seeing more.
FIGHTERS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default Re: New GoldenGloves Special

brilliant, hopefully I will be featured . But I agree, amateurs don't get any attention through all the hard work
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Old Cat
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTERS View Post
A new television series featuring up and coming amateur boxers at the 2009 Golden Gloves was recently created, FIGHTERS: Road To The Golden Gloves, and the opening was featured by sports illustrated [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (<---- click the link to view or type “fighters road to the golden gloves opening” into youtube)

As the producer of this project, I firmly believe it is the jump start this great sport truly needs.

We are trying to garner support for this project, and we need the support of boxing fans worldwide. Please email [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with your comments, questions, suggestions, or to see how you can become involved in the creation of this new television series that I hesitate to call reality television, but instead, real television.

This is a fantastic idea! Amateur boxing has missed major coverage for many years now. These kids are the future of the sport, what a way to increase the exposure of boxing in the States.

Just one suggestion if i may. The back ground of select fighters will make draw an emotional response from the viewers , if time and your format will permit( ala. HBO's 24/7) .

Good luck

What network will carry the show?

As an aside, the local angle is what has been missing in boxing promotion for years. Meaning the local hero aspect; it appears promoters are starting go back to their roots. In the early days the local boy fighting was the draw. Tunney in his early days is a prime example. A fighter gains local , then regional and finally national support.
Old Cat is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTERS View Post

Random Question: Chris Eubanks Jr. already got knocked out right?
o_money is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
E30
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This a great idea! EVeryone should spread the word. This is exactly what boxing needs!
E30 is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

This show looks like it's gonna be good. Makes me wish I took my training as serious as they do when I was they're age. I think this show will be good for Boxing, their aren't any programs like this. They're getting the exposure they need.
Dynamite Kid is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

I will definitely watch this.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing