Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Utter1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Managing Amir Khan without real risks.

I made a parody of boxing business or how certain fighters are managed by pretending to be the dubious promoter of Amir Khan.

I donít think anyone got the irony of it.......but il show you how to commercially create hype/success without really testing your fighter who has obvious flaws or isnt quite as good at his record or hype suggests.

Below is who Khan will fight and why Iíve chosen this fighter for promotional reasons. Take into account that this article isnt just about Khan but about boxing in general and yes some matchups are in the extreme but at the same time we have seen these mad matchups before. Ok so lets go.....im gonna mange his carrer in a way that garners the most attention from TV and the casual fan.

Dec 2009 Newcastle, UK
Khan vs Salita WBA Light-welter ( Unbeaten Jewish fighter who doesnít punch hard as indicated by the fact that he holds a points win over R. Munoz recently who has been knocked out by J.C.Gomez in the 3rd and A. Gomez in the 1st. This fight is perfect as Salita is a big 140 pounder and is unbeaten which can answers the critics who say Khan fights small men) Side note- MANDATORY.

April 2010 Cardiff, UK
Khan vs. G. Rees WBA Light-welter (Brilliant a former champion who is only 5'4 which means Amir can peck away until KO or points victory and has just one loss on his record. This fight is viable especially in Cardiff Wales.)

July 2010 Las Vegas, USA
Khan vs. E. Morales WBA Light-Welter (A fight against an all time great and big name over in the states all the Hispanics/ English fans will buy this up. Catch well Morales will be 33 fighting 10 pounds above his natural domain, and 4 years past his best but with a comeback fight for Morales earlier in the year this bout is just perfect to launch brand Khan)

Sept 2010 Manchester, UK
Khan vs. J. Murray WBA Light-Welter (Another great promotional angle...unbeaten Manchurian fighter who fights a division below...the Manchester fights fans will come out in there droves. A perfectly winnable fight for Mr Khan and one where we can make plenty of money/ tv love this as the opponenet is unbeaten.)

Jan 2011 Los Angeles, USA
Khan vs. J. Diaz WBA Light-welter ( This is a little bit risky but well worth a go, we have to fulfil our second mandatory and the J. Diaz isnít that much of a risk...due to Khan popularity and growing ring experience it should be enough for a points victory) MANDATORY.

April 2011 Las Vegas, USA
Khan vs. J. Casamayor WBA Light-welter (A man known for being a good champion in the lower weights and another big name that we can convince the fans that Amir is one of the best in the world, it doesnít matter that Joel is nearly 40...this guy is a 2 weight champion HOF and the tv company wilt to my hype)

Sept 2011 Manchester, UK
Khan vs. R. Hatton WBA Light-welter (I convince Hatton to have a comeback fight ala the same i did with Morales and convince him thre is a huge 100,000 all seated fight where both men can earn at least 20 mill each...it doesnít matter that Hatton is 4 years past his best i mean he has only lost to the two best pound for pounders....which mean my man Amir becomes that with his very plausible victory.)

Mar 2012 London, UK
Khan vs. K. Mitchell WBA Light-welter (Local favourite and only beaten once (hypothetically by this point) K. Mitchell to fight Khan in all British pound for pound title fight, a step down but a fight im able to pull off for some good money.)

Due to bleeding dry every winnable fight for Amir Khan and looking at that fact that there a couple of risky fights with guys that are up and coming but have no name I now decide to let Khan fight for the Vacant WBC strap at Welterweight against S. Mosley.

July 2012 Las Vegas, USA
Khan vs. S. Mosley Vacant WBC Welter (Can my man Khan become a 2 weight champion against All time great S. Mosley a former 3 weight champion. Yet again a marketable fight as Mosley makes a sensational comeback. The catch Mosley is 41 and hasnít fought in 2 years but so what...Foreman made a comeback didnt he and with the pull of Golden Boy we manage to vacate the belt)

Nov 2012 London, UK
Khan vs. F. Gavin WBC Welter (Olympic silver medal champion versus world amateur and unbeaten British fighting sensation champion Frankie Gavin . Big fight and hopefully we catch an up coming Gavin just before he reaches his peak...another great win on paper.)

Khan is the king of the world now....but constant criticism of opponent selection is starting to filter to the mass media and fans who have been swallowing up my hype so now i pull out a master stroke. Convince Oscar De La Hoya to come out of retirement for one huge fight against the pound for pound king Khan.

July 2013 Las Vegas, USA
Khan vs. O. De La Hoya Vacant WBC Light-middleweight crown ( Big promotion and TV coverage. Who cares if Oscar is 40 years old....this guy is an ALL time great, HOF, 6 weight champion and one of the biggest PPV names ever and besides this is his natural weight....yet again my man Khan wins this and we are nearly home and dry.)

Nov 2013 Bolton, UK
Khan vs. P. Prescott II WBC light-middleweight ( We find Prescott fighting in some smalls shows in Colombia and convince him to get back into shape to fight Khan as we need Khan to avenge his sole defeat. Great promotional angle Who cares if Prescott is 30 yrs old, and has 8 losses on his record by now...who cares if hasnt trained in a year....promotion would be perfect and we can catch Prescott at the right time.....he is shop-worn and far past the fighter that knock Amir our in his only fluke win of any note.

YES I did it.......Amir Khan retires as one of the all time greats with a record of 34 fights/ 33 wins and just 1 lost that he avenged. 3 weight champion.

Who cares for the criticism about fighting HOF past there best or not fighting his friend Pacman or other dangerous fighters around his weight. All the other fighters didnít want to fight my Man Khan TRUST ME as they were afraid....how do you argue with someone who has a resume like this-
Barrera
Kotlenik
Salita
Morales,
Rees
Hatton
Mosley
Casamyour
J. Diaz
De La Hoya
and aveneges his only loss!

Got to loveee boxing!
Utter1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Utter1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Managing Amir Khan without real risks.

Mr Khan was used not for a direct aim at him but i found he was the best since he is good enought to nick results from boxing on the outside plus has alot of hype around him aswell.

Its a parody on boxing but yet again people arent seeing this. Anyhow....im sure if he did that we would have the likes of you arguing that Khan is some all time great, the same with the likes of Calzaghe and others
Utter1 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 304

hahaha
unorthodox is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

nice except for the face he will have to fight mandatorys, including Maindana within 90days of beating Salita.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No Maglianaggi on the list?
izmat is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Khan will finish his career as the greatest boxer to ever fight out of Britain.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

Bloody hell mate!! If Khan doesn't do this now, you'll have some answering to do!!
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Utter1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
nice except for the face he will have to fight mandatorys, including Maindana within 90days of beating Salita.

Oh does he? well i think regardless of the specifics......thought J. Diaz would be his next floating mandatory.

Point being is that if Maindana looks shit hot in his next fight i expect the WBA belt to be vacated if the guy looks like crap then he will fight mr Khan i guess.
Utter1 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
Utter1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
Bloody hell mate!! If Khan doesn't do this now, you'll have some answering to do!!

Ha yes im sure i will.

Imagine the route Carl Froch could have taken after defeating Taylor....... opt out the tournment and take on names fighters that are past it or to small.

C. Spinks
Miranda
K. Cintron
etc

Forget fighting good top level up and comers like A. Dirrell who have no name or the likes of Kessler and Abraham.
Utter1 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utter1 View Post

Sept 2010 Manchester, UK
Khan vs. J. Murray WBA Light-Welter (Another great promotional angle...unbeaten Manchurian fighter who fights a division below...the Manchester fights fans will come out in there droves. A perfectly winnable fight for Mr Khan and one where we can make plenty of money/ tv love this as the opponenet is unbeaten.)
didn't realise Murray was Chinese.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
mirfieldmexican
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 349

the biggest pile of a tripe iv'e ever heard, only an amir khan fan would talk such bollocks, if you hit hard you wont get a shot a khan.
mirfieldmexican is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
rockandrollstar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1940

I like Khan, but he will not go his whole career without another devastating KO loss.
rockandrollstar is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #13
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Salita (Mandatory) Dec 5 2009

Maidana Within 90 days after Salita win

Alexander (WBC) Unification bout Summer 2010

Paulie.M Autumn 2010

Bradley (WBO) Unification bout Winter 2010

After all Khan is now a world champion and has to step up and fight the best at this weight, i feel 2010 will be Khan's make or break year. Fighting anything else than top 10 fighters is bullshit, and if Khan drops the belt after beating Salita i as a Khan fan will lose a lot of respect for him.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #14
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

I think the only way Khan can avoid Maidana after beating Salita and holding on to his belt if Khan goes into a unification bout with another champion, surely that holds over another mandatory with WBA i think.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #15
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Oh for ****s sake. We all read it the first time. Pile of shit then, pile of shit now. Let it go FFS, just coz nobody replied to it first time doesn't mean we're waiting for you to turn it into a thread

You don't like Khan, well done
Dan684 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum