Hatton will win UD .
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton Vs Castillo.....your final predictions

Hatton will probably win, but I'm still rooting for Castillo.
RAMPAGE0017 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
Hatton will likely clinch and maul his way to victory.
He knows what hes critics are saying and knows he has to pull off a decent performance to keep HBO happy. I think and hope this will be a quality fight with some scary moments in but will see Hatton victorious.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
myk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE0017
Hatton will probably win, but I'm still rooting for Castillo.
same here..
myk is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Hatton by controversial SD
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Hatton hasn't shown the same class in his last three bouts. Questions hang over all of them.

Castillo has always stayed polished and consistent, even when he looks off. Against N'goudjo he didn't lose, 7-5 or 8-4. Plus N'go was a good fighter.

With Castillo you know you are going to get hands high, good jab and solid body work. With Hatton you don't know. If he can bring back a Tszyu like performance then we're talking. In that fight he had his hands up and actually picked off alot of Tszyus shots.

Now Hatton is consistent in one thing and that is being inconsistent with his body attack and defence. Dare I say it, his stamina took a hit v Urango. He says it is because he was ill. It must be.

I do question how Hatton takes a body shot. Urango hurt him downstairs and Tszyu went low but not enough for him to go down, complain like he did or even retaliate. I think Hatton may get rattled when challenged downstairs. Castillo will challenge him there.

We know what Castillo is always about, we don't with Hatton. Thus Hattons bet partially lay in intangiables i.e. is he stronger? will the natural size count? does he punch harder at 140?

Hatton has to make his natural size count and he needs to maul and brawl Castillo so Jose fights his fight.

It's a pick em. A 50-50. That is where greatness lay - winning bouts that people aren't really sure you can win.

I'm tipping Hatton by UD but only if he brings his A game. If he doesn't it's good night Manchester.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

hattons most likely going to win but i'm rooting for castillo
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #8
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Hatton hasn't shown the same class in his last three bouts. Questions hang over all of them.

Castillo has always stayed polished and consistent, even when he looks off. Against N'goudjo he didn't lose, 7-5 or 8-4. Plus N'go was a good fighter.

With Castillo you know you are going to get hands high, good jab and solid body work. With Hatton you don't know. If he can bring back a Tszyu like performance then we're talking. In that fight he had his hands up and actually picked off alot of Tszyus shots.

Now Hatton is consistent in one thing and that is being inconsistent with his body attack and defence. Dare I say it, his stamina took a hit v Urango. He says it is because he was ill. It must be.

I do question how Hatton takes a body shot. Urango hurt him downstairs and Tszyu went low but not enough for him to go down, complain like he did or even retaliate. I think Hatton may get rattled when challenged downstairs. Castillo will challenge him there.

We know what Castillo is always about, we don't with Hatton. Thus Hattons bet partially lay in intangiables i.e. is he stronger? will the natural size count? does he punch harder at 140?

Hatton has to make his natural size count and he needs to maul and brawl Castillo so Jose fights his fight.

It's a pick em. A 50-50. That is where greatness lay - winning bouts that people aren't really sure you can win.

I'm tipping Hatton by UD but only if he brings his A game. If he doesn't it's good night Manchester.
If Castillo were younger, I would pick him to win by stoppage. But, given that fact that he's 33 and has been in quite a few wars, I also have this fight as a pick'em
Old 06-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Hatton by late stoppage.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Castillo by TKO
Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton wins by late stoppage despite an inspiring performance by the ageing champion
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #12
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat

Good post, alot of people are mentioning Hattons ability to take body shots, it was a factor in the Urango fight but that guy hit like a mule. Hatton has to watch Castillos left to the body, thats a sickening punch
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hattton by UD, Castillo is not going to be able to out-strength Hatton like he's done to quite a few of those lightweight opponents.

Hatton is stronger, quicker, more agile and will outwork him.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #14
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Hatton UD
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #15
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Castillo close UD. If he's not shot, then that slight edge in class and power should tell, but there are quite a few intangilbles in this matchup.
Boro chris is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum