Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default I hope Kessler and Taylor win..

..for no other reason than to stop all the stupid nuthugging Calzaghe posts and the Jermain hater posts.

That's all.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I hope Kessler and Taylor win..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
..for no other reason than to stop all the stupid nuthugging Calzaghe posts and the Jermain hater posts.

That's all.
Amsterdam might be harsh. But he is correct. Taylor makes too many mistakes to beat Pavlik and all the ones that would make Pavlik put him down. Kessler will get beat up. I mean its just the way it is.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #3
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

It's likely that Taylor would be a good quick tune up for Kessler after he gets annihilated against Calzaghe, Taylor has virtually no chance against a fighter the class of Kessler and is a name.

Tell you what, Pavlik would be a good tune up for Kessler also, even though he will be the undisputed champ moving up.

But watch the awe when these two B level fighters in Pavlik and Taylor clash and for the one with the power and the style advantage to prevail, only to be massively overrated until he gets in the ring with a true elite and gets annihilated, then the peasant boxing fans will be surprised at every turn, when all is blatant and predictable.

Last edited by Flatlander; 06-28-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Amsterdam might be harsh. But he is correct. Taylor makes too many mistakes to beat Pavlik and all the ones that would make Pavlik put him down. Kessler will get beat up. I mean its just the way it is.
But the difference is that Kessler is a true elite A class fighter, Taylor and Pavlik are both sloppier, lack the timing, the speed and the defence of Kessler, yet not many people notice these evident factors when it is BLATANTLY obvious.

Kessler will get beat up and I am glad the fight was made instead of Jermain Taylor for Calzaghe. Because Calzaghe would dispose of Taylor in 5 rounds and get no credit, Calzaghe - Kessler is a true A class fight and it will benefit his legacy in the long run when Kessler continue's to win at the top class level.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
But the difference is that Kessler is a true elite A class fighter, Taylor and Pavlik are both sloppier, lack the timing, the speed and the defence of Kessler, yet not many people notice these evident factors when it is BLATANTLY obvious.

Kessler will get beat up and I am glad the fight was made instead of Jermain Taylor for Calzaghe. Because Calzaghe would dispose of Taylor in 5 rounds and get no credit, Calzaghe - Kessler is a true A class fight and it will benefit his legacy in the long run when Kessler continue's to win at the top class level.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

I hope for Kessler and Pavlik. Then I got a whole year to come up with a suiting avatar for Blocky. By then I will be one with photoshop, I reckon.
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #7
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

Only time will tell. I think Kessler will do better than most people think, and I missed the Pavlik last fight, bummer, but I hear good things about him. I venture to guess Joe will sneak out a close UD and I believe Taylor will get by Pavlik easier than most of his recent fights.
I'll keep my wallet safe on both of these.
lenzo is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam

Kessler is a almost prime true elite fighter, so he can't be annihilated. Calzaghe is likewise an elite fighter, so I reckon he will survive 12 rounds - though his hands won't.

Last edited by Singh1991; 06-30-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #9
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
Kessler is a almost prime true elite fighter, so he can't be annihilated. Calzaghe is likewise an elite fighter, so I reckon he will survive 12 rounds - though his hands won't.
Kessler is a true elite already. You do not lose only 4-5 rounds out of 39 bouts if you are not, specifically the last 10 have been against respectable competition.

But these fools won't understand that a 120-108 over Andrade means more than a 116-112 over little Kassim Ouma.

And Kessler will get annihilated, Calzaghe is all wrong for him, he'll only make it 12 if Calzaghe breaks his hand too early, but Calzaghe will still use it enough to tally up damage.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #10
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

How is Kessler elite??

Honestly, you got to be ****ing kidding me.

Beyer, Mundine, Lucas, and Andrande don't equal elite quite yet.

He beats Calzaghe, then we can talk elite.. not until then. Until then he is not truly proven.

You only call Kessler elite to be able to talk up Joe C if he beats him, but by your own rhetoric, Kessler can't be considered elite, because you have Calazghe dominating him.

You can't have it both ways dipshit.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #11
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
How is Kessler elite??

See Dane Pug? This is the shit that I go on about all the time.

Jermain Taylor is an 'elite' in this example's mind, but not Kessler, when film evidence blatantly showcases 2 different levels of fighters against comparable opposition when you take in the fact on how fights are won and how fighters struggle with who.

3 competitive bouts with 'set' P4P names means more than obliterating/shutting out top 10 guys more impressively than the first does, even though the first got his oppurtunity to fight the names, meanwhile the first example also struggles with guys that true elite's in his weight class would starch with ease, we have a vast area of comparison.

As I said, 120-108 over Andrade means more than 116-112 against Ouma. Specifically when we have film to compare styles and intangibles and to where most intelligent analysts couldn't see Jermain Taylor giving Andrade 5 rounds, given Andrade's pressure and workrate and relentlessness, 3 factors that disrupt Taylor immensely.

But being competitive with a 40+ fighter who is ranked P4P, and a LMW who has no impressive work at MW, but who is admittedly rightfully ranked P4P is superior to wiping the division clean in these eyes and all because they don't know how to analyse for 1 and the second would be they know not much about international fighters and believe whatever they are fed.

This example's post is a reflection of why the best matches are never made.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

I never called Jermain elite... because he's not.

Feel free to find where I claimed that.

You have no respect for anyone on Taylors record, but fail to hold Joe Calzaghe or Mikkel Kessler to the same standard you hold Jermain. Because you wouldn't like the results if you did...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
How is Kessler elite??

Beyer, Mundine, Lucas, and Andrande don't equal elite quite yet.

He beats Calzaghe, then we can talk elite.. not until then. Until then he is not truly proven.

You only call Kessler elite to be able to talk up Joe C if he beats him, but by your own rhetoric, Kessler can't be considered elite, because you have Calazghe dominating him.

You can't have it both ways dipshit.
Guys who get dominated cannot be elite?

And Kessler is proven, he has showcased the necessary ability to be considered elite and has done so against a wide variety of styles, unlike Taylor, who has shown terrible, terrible flaws.

How about this - Taylor wouldn't give Calzaghe but 4-5 rounds, Kessler will last at least 9 or 10.

Is Taylor elite?

How about Winky and Hopkins for that matter in their current state? Being as Taylor gave them both a lot of problems?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
I never called Jermain elite... because he's not.

Feel free to find where I claimed that.
Is Taylor deserving of a P4P ranking?

Who is 'elite' in your mind, because you obviously lack the analysation skills to be impressed by Mikkel Kessler, who I'd talk up regardless of who he was fighting next just because he's highly underrated and is of the highest class in boxing.

Is Bernard Hopkins elite at this point? If so, two losses to Taylor, who is not elite to you would indicate something. More so, you'd pick Hopkins over Calzaghe, who you admit is an elite, yet he could not defeat Taylor.

Make your mind up.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #15
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Kessler is a true elite already. You do not lose only 4-5 rounds out of 39 bouts if you are not, specifically the last 10 have been against respectable competition.

But these fools won't understand that a 120-108 over Andrade means more than a 116-112 over little Kassim Ouma.

And Kessler will get annihilated, Calzaghe is all wrong for him, he'll only make it 12 if Calzaghe breaks his hand too early, but Calzaghe will still use it enough to tally up damage.
You know I don't disagree with the first part and 2nd part, the third one though - All I can say is this: Kessler is prepared... and it will suffice.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum