boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #16
lenzo
Lenzo
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I hope Kessler and Taylor win..

Calzaghe piter pats with his fragile hands, Kessler may walk right through him.
I give credit to Taylor for winning against Bhop and Winky, but I disagreed with all the scorecards. Taylor got lucky both times. He hasn't really bested anyone in a few years, no blowouts so he's struggling to hold onto his belt.
lenzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Bernard was elite, but he got old, and just because you beat a guy who was elite doesn't in turn make you elite. If JT would of beat Hopkins and Winky convincingly then he'd be considered elite, but he didn't, but he's close, but still a big win away.

Same with Kessler, and I would call Joe C elite at this point on the fact of longevity, but I'd call him fading elite, much like Hopkins was.

Other elite guys out there now:

Vasquez, Maywhether, Calderon, Pacman, Cotto, Mosley, Juan Diaz, and a few others.. but there is truly only a handful of elite guys across all the divisons.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #18
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
You know I don't disagree with the first part and 2nd part, the third one though - All I can say is this: Kessler is prepared... and it will suffice.
Ah, ****ysation, best set for a thread that wasn't started by a certain Nervous Christian.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #19
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
It's likely that Taylor would be a good quick tune up for Kessler after he gets annihilated against Calzaghe, Taylor has virtually no chance against a fighter the class of Kessler and is a name.

Tell you what, Pavlik would be a good tune up for Kessler also, even though he will be the undisputed champ moving up.

But watch the awe when these two B level fighters in Pavlik and Taylor clash and for the one with the power and the style advantage to prevail, only to be massively overrated until he gets in the ring with a true elite and gets annihilated, then the peasant boxing fans will be surprised at every turn, when all is blatant and predictable.
yeah JC would beat them bad
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #20
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
But these fools won't understand that a 120-108 over Andrade means more than a 116-112 over little Kassim Ouma.
Andrade might be stronger than Ouma, but Ouma is much faster and more skilled, harder to outbox. Andrade is not good at all.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #21
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
..for no other reason than to stop all the stupid nuthugging Calzaghe posts and the Jermain hater posts.

That's all.

Last edited by Mrboogie23; 06-28-2006 at 06:28 PM.
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM   #22
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Kessler and Taylor will win. I'm sticking to my story
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #23
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

On the B-Hop over Calzaghe fight? I think it'd be a much tougher fight for Calzaghe then he or you'd anticipate. Hopkins is way craftier than Joe, and he'd test Joe's stamina, and make Joe miss a lot and of course make it dirty.

I could see the style being all wrong for Joe. Again styles make fights, but then again Joe could win against Hopkins as well, because again Hopkins is old, but Joe ain't the same guy he was 5 years ago either.

As far as Taylor against Joe? I'm not sure anymore, I'm just not convinced that Taylor is terrible, I think he's good, but I'm with you in that he needs a big definitive win, and he hasn't had one in awhile, but I had him winning all those fights.

I'm just not convinced that Pavlik is the guy who can beat Taylor, as Pavlik has been very protected and has been hurt himself, and can be very very raw at times.

I see Taylor winning the fight, but would I be completely surprised if he lost? No.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #24
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
See Dane Pug? This is the **** that I go on about all the time.

Jermain Taylor is an 'elite' in this example's mind, but not Kessler, when film evidence blatantly showcases 2 different levels of fighters against comparable opposition when you take in the fact on how fights are won and how fighters struggle with who.

3 competitive bouts with 'set' P4P names means more than obliterating/shutting out top 10 guys more impressively than the first does, even though the first got his oppurtunity to fight the names, meanwhile the first example also struggles with guys that true elite's in his weight class would starch with ease, we have a vast area of comparison.

As I said, 120-108 over Andrade means more than 116-112 against Ouma. Specifically when we have film to compare styles and intangibles and to where most intelligent ****ysts couldn't see Jermain Taylor giving Andrade 5 rounds, given Andrade's pressure and workrate and relentlessness, 3 factors that disrupt Taylor immensely.

But being competitive with a 40+ fighter who is ranked P4P, and a LMW who has no impressive work at MW, but who is admittedly rightfully ranked P4P is superior to wiping the division clean in these eyes and all because they don't know how to ****yse for 1 and the second would be they know not much about international fighters and believe whatever they are fed.

This example's post is a reflection of why the best matches are never made.
Yes, we are on the same page, Amsterdam, but the hordes of the unenlightened keep on coming...
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #25
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

BTW people are critizising taylor for fightin junior middleweights, these guys might not be as strong as Taylor but they are slick and fast, and size is overrated anyway. At heavyweight there are often fights between guys with big size differences, but often the smaller guys win. Spinks and Ouma are much better fighters than Andrade, Taylor has really beaten the better opposition so far. Kessler is a verry good fighter but has not impressed me so far like other guys have.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:40 AM   #26
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bernard was elite, but he got old, and just because you beat a guy who was elite doesn't in turn make you elite. If JT would of beat Hopkins and Winky convincingly then he'd be considered elite, but he didn't, but he's close, but still a big win away.

Same with Kessler, and I would call Joe C elite at this point on the fact of longevity, but I'd call him fading elite, much like Hopkins was.

Other elite guys out there now:

Vasquez, Maywhether, Calderon, Pacman, Cotto, Mosley, Juan Diaz, and a few others.. but there is truly only a handful of elite guys across all the divisons.
Juan Diaz is a true elite? Damn, you have low standards.

How about Vasquez, that can be argued honestly, considered he and Marquez showcased no defence what so ever, even though both are 'offensive gems'.

Calderon? Definitley a special fighter, but a true elite? He has yet to fight any of the real top classes in the divisions he has fought in, his latest victory was impressive because of the weight, but he nearly got taken out and only marginally won and against a guy who never fought even above the B level. But you of course say he's elite off of what you have 'heard', not what you have observed.

Mayweather, Cotto, Pacman - Check, I absolutely agree with this, all are fantastic.

Mosely - Hmm, definitley a former elite, but aging and a close bout with a shot Vargas in the first one can be used as an indicator, even though he disposed of Vargas handily in the next and defeated Collazo. I guess this one is still a question mark, seeing as I can see 4 or 5 of the welters beating him with ease at this point, including Cotto, which is coming up.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #27
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
On the B-Hop over Calzaghe fight? I think it'd be a much tougher fight for Calzaghe then he or you'd anticipate. Hopkins is way craftier than Joe, and he'd test Joe's stamina, and make Joe miss a lot and of course make it dirty.

I could see the style being all wrong for Joe. Again styles make fights, but then again Joe could win against Hopkins as well, because again Hopkins is old, but Joe ain't the same guy he was 5 years ago either.

As far as Taylor against Joe? I'm not sure anymore, I'm just not convinced that Taylor is terrible, I think he's good, but I'm with you in that he needs a big definitive win, and he hasn't had one in awhile, but I had him winning all those fights.

I'm just not convinced that Pavlik is the guy who can beat Taylor, as Pavlik has been very protected and has been hurt himself, and can be very very raw at times.

I see Taylor winning the fight, but would I be completely surprised if he lost? No.
How is Hopkins going to test Joe's stamina when he himself was tiring out against Winky? Joe has ENDLESS stamina.

Hopkins' style also doesn't match up well against Joe's anyway due to the workrate and inside fighting skill of Joe, not to mention speed. Joe is equally as good at working inside of a clinch and Hopkins is an old fighter at this point.

Pavlik will win and he will do so just like I have said he will for the last 2 months, then maybe you will think twice before insulting me and writing my ****ysis' off.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #28
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

Mosley will be considered elite again until he loses. That's how it works.

I do believe that Juan Diaz is elite. 6 title defenses over 3 years, and dominating Frietas and Cotto.

I'd pick him over any Lightweight in the world, including Cassamayor at this point.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #29
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

The same Joe Calzaghe who recently struggled against Saiko Bika?

Let's use the same standard across the board. You sure like to excuse the flaws of your guy while talking **** about other fighters.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #30
Mrvooh

vCash:

Quote:
But the difference is that Kessler is a true elite A class fighter, Taylor and Pavlik are both sloppier, lack the timing, the speed and the defence of Kessler, yet not many people notice these evident factors when it is BLATANTLY obvious.

Kessler will get beat up and I am glad the fight was made instead of Jermain Taylor for Calzaghe. Because Calzaghe would dispose of Taylor in 5 rounds and get no credit, Calzaghe - Kessler is a true A class fight and it will benefit his legacy in the long run when Kessler continue's to win at the top class level.
I agree, as usual with you, but i think kessler will be tougher to beat than most Calzaghe fans believe.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum