Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #16
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Anybody remember Jukka Jarvinen?

And please do not talk about Mr. Duddy and Mr. Järvinen at the same day.
Toney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
Who gives a **** about listings if the guy don´t earn his place there. And Mr. Pertti Augustin from Finland is working the EBU ratings. So you think that someone that have seen Järvinen would rank him anywhere? No ****ing way.

BTW did you know that Järvinen have actually been ranked #2 in the world! And that was few years after his "prime".

"Jukka Järvinen could have made it on EU list by winning some decent wins more " --> WTF? Järvinen never had no decent wins. Järvinen himself has said in many interviews that his best win is over Jack Jackson, who was 1-11 at the time. That just tells all abour Mr. Järvinen. He needed a terrible hometown decision to get a win over 2-6 Ladislav Husarik. There was no way that Järvinen could had got any "more decent wins".
Wow, that's some career the guy had.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #18
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I have 10 of Jarvinens fighs, but not the one against Hvrivnak. The fight might excist on tape, as I have Mikael Lindblads fight against Ladislav Husarik from the same bill from a swedish TV Channel.

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #19
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

"Who gives a **** about listings if the guy don´t earn his place there."

Look man. Anyone can say that Khoren Gevor didn´t deserve to be a mandatory for Abraham, or that Griffin shouldn´t be one for Sturm, but THEY ARE/WERE. They are ranked #1 and ar getting the world title fight because of that. I´m no gonna bother my head if there´s 100 fighters out there who could deserve it more.

I rather focus on the fights that actually take place and determine the champions. If Järvinen would of been ranked in EU list, the EU champ could have picked him to fight for EU title, and Järvinen...well...theoretically...could have won!

In the end it´s pointless to argue about IF and BUT. Most world contenders haven´t beaten anyone tough to prove their worth. That´s just not the way that boxing works these days. Only facts matter. Fact is, fighter xxx won the yyy title by beating a pile of bums and then the champ. That happens a lot. They are still champions. Basta.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

By the way, It´s GREAT to hear that Järvinen was ranked that high. I guess Lennox was the champ and Järvinen was ranked 2nd right after Rahman? or Akinwande? Can´t really remember how it went back in change of the century.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #21
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Braddock got a title shot against Baer, didn´t he?

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #22
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
By the way, It´s GREAT to hear that Järvinen was ranked that high. I guess Lennox was the champ and Järvinen was ranked 2nd right after Rahman? or Akinwande? Can´t really remember how it went back in change of the century.
The World Heavyweight Boxing Title (IBU) was vacant at the time. Dirk Wallyn was ranked #1 and Järvinen #2.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #23
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woller
I have 10 of Jarvinens fighs, but not the one against Hvrivnak. The fight might excist on tape, as I have Mikael Lindblads fight against Ladislav Husarik from the same bill from a swedish TV Channel.

Woller
I'm into obscure stuff. Do they play on a standard US VCR? I wanted to buy some fights from a guy in england a few years back only to find out that the tape format was different. Send me a PM.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Hi Cruiser1
I am not able to send PM´s. You are not able to read European PAL system video tapes on your NTSC player, but with dvd´s there are no problems with format. I trade with people all over the world.
Woller
e-mail: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Woller is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #25
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think Järvinen should really make a comeback since he´s in awesome shape.

I´m predicting an eliminator tournament for the Finnish Heavyweight title mandatory spot.

The tournament could include Järvinen, Allan Grönfors, Boogie Mustonen and Umar Kemiläinen. The winner would be awarded with a shot at the title. Then the winner of that title bout would be ranked on EU list. I truly hope this happens. It´s time to see some heavyweight excitement in Finland and Europe!
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #26
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
I think Järvinen should really make a comeback since he´s in awesome shape.

I´m predicting an eliminator tournament for the Finnish Heavyweight title mandatory spot.

The tournament could include Järvinen, Allan Grönfors, Boogie Mustonen and Umar Kemiläinen. The winner would be awarded with a shot at the title. Then the winner of that title bout would be ranked on EU list. I truly hope this happens. It´s time to see some heavyweight excitement in Finland and Europe!
Järvinen was over the hill 10 years ago and he was never any good anyway. The light heavyweight Grönfors has retired a couple of years ago. Boogie Mustonen would never get a pro-licence, becouse he can not box at all. Nor would he even try to get a licence, becouse he is a bobybilder and uses roids.

Umar Kemiläinen is the only even decent boxer of these four. He is a good prospect, but a light heavy or a cruiserweight. It is 100% sure that this your dream-tournament does not happend. If it would I would bet my life that Kemiläinen would stop Järvinen and Mustonen inside one round. Grönfors might go the a 4 round distance with Kemiläinen, but surely Grönfors would not survive 10 rounds.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #27
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
the winner of that title bout would be ranked on EU list.

It´s time to see some heavyweight excitement in Europe!

There is no way that victoryes over Järvinen, Mustonen and Grönfors would lift Kemiläinen to the EU list. Wins over totals bums do not count.

And nobody else than you in the Europe would give a **** about these 3 bums. Kemiläinen is the only good guy of these.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #28
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Are you working in EBU, since you know that? I know 1000 fighters who have beaten only "bums" and are ranked somewhere.

I know many people who give a **** about them so you are proven wrong.

I would bet my whole current wallet that Järvinen would win this tournament. Pele Reid, he´s gonna take your ranking!
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #29
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
Are you working in EBU, since you know that? I know 1000 fighters who have beaten only "bums" and are ranked somewhere.

I know many people who give a **** about them so you are proven wrong.

I would bet my whole current wallet that Järvinen would win this tournament. Pele Reid, he´s gonna take your ranking!
Keep this thread going baby!

Who doesn't love obscure Finnish heavyweights?
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #30
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is Jukka Järvinen after one of his many wins!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He looks this calm when not fighting somebody. Warrior!
VHB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum