Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Cristian Mijares

I just rewatched his fight with 3 weightclass WC Arce the other day. Showing tremendous amount of boxing skill, he totally picked Arce apart, using great offensive, defence and boxing smartness of the highest level.

To me this was a complete package, and I fail to understand why he isn't on any p4p top 10 list.

Where do you place him?
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: Cristian Mijares

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
I just rewatched his fight with 3 weightclass WC Arce the other day. Showing tremendous amount of boxing skill, he totally picked Arce apart, using great offensive, defence and boxing smartness of the highest level.

To me this was a complete package, and I fail to understand why he isn't on any p4p top 10 list.

Where do you place him?
It seems that any decent boxer lately has been picking Arce apart...so its hard to say where Mijares really rank
chimba is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
It seems that any decent boxer lately has been picking Arce apart...so its hard to say where Mijares really rank
Who would that be? Arce haven't lost since 1999, and went on to do what he should against Rojas.

Last edited by Rumsfeld; 06-28-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #4
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

I don't have a p4p list right now, but I would say he is one tough skilled MOFO who seems not intimidated by anyone, and that can bring him up further in some people's p4p list.

A big win against a legit, named contender should place him there now.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #5
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
Who would that be? Arce haven't lost since 1999, and went on to do what he should against Rojas.
Yes, but Rojas was also picking off rounds. Seems Arce's not suited to the weight division jump, plus his timing and speed was off, indicative of fading attributes possibly, which could be from the insane beating he took from Mijares.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:50 AM   #6
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

mijares is the real deal, but imo he needs a win over at least two of the top 5 in super fly or bamtam too crack the p4p top 10. dane if you're not familiar with the fly/superfly/bantam scene, keep you're eye on it as there are a lot of good matches to be made in that division. it's as deep as MW/SMW right at the moment with potential fights between mijares, sidorenko, castillo, munoz, darchinyan, montiel, perez, gorres etc... psychopath knows this division well, and he'll tell you it's very good. (P.S. that joke wonjongkam needs to fight out of thailand, he's been no.1 in the ring rankings for so long without fighting top guys at fly)
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #7
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Yes, but Rojas was also picking off rounds. Seems Arce's not suited to the weight division jump, plus his timing and speed was off, indicative of fading attributes possibly, which could be from the insane beating he took from Mijares.
If this is the same rangy Roxas that gave Penalosa a controversial, close win , I should say Roxas is a solid, fringe contender.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 AM   #8
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
If this is the same rangy Roxas that gave Penalosa a controversial, close win , I should say Roxas is a solid, fringe contender.
Yes, but Arce was definitley off in comparison to other bouts. I feel Rojas may have been the wrong choice stylistically for a rebound fight after that horrible thrashing.

Arce literally got 'Lacy'd' against Mijares, it may or may not have diminshed his attributes.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 AM   #9
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes, but Arce was definitley off in comparison to other bouts. I feel Rojas may have been the wrong choice stylistically for a rebound fight after that horrible thrashing.

Arce literally got 'Lacy'd' against Mijares, it may or may not have diminshed his attributes.
I have not seen this fight yet, btw.

And I have to agree completely on that Mijares schooling. Arce looked like a beaten kid out there. The bully just got bullied.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
I have not seen this fight yet, btw.

And I have to agree completely on that Mijares schooling. Arce looked like a beaten kid out there. The bully just got bullied.
It was really bad, Mijares was landing 4 and 5 shot combinations until the final bell and had a total of 437 connects, just absurd.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #11
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 03:35 AM   #12
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I can't see anybody at 115 beating this man for a couple of years.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #13
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Its no suprise that Arce was carefully matched after moving from jnrfly.
Against Rojas they probably wanted to show he can deal with that style but he couldnt really.

Arce is a quality T.V fighter, his management will be careful from now on. Shane he said he wouldnt fight a southpaw against because I would really like to see him fight Vic, who is nothing like those other fighters and who is someone Arce is a big chance of beating.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #14
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

i want mijares vs. z-gorres!!!
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #15
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
mijares is the real deal, but imo he needs a win over at least two of the top 5 in super fly or bamtam too crack the p4p top 10. dane if you're not familiar with the fly/superfly/bantam scene, keep you're eye on it as there are a lot of good matches to be made in that division. it's as deep as MW/SMW right at the moment with potential fights between mijares, sidorenko, castillo, munoz, darchinyan, montiel, perez, gorres etc... psychopath knows this division well, and he'll tell you it's very good. (P.S. that joke wonjongkam needs to fight out of thailand, he's been no.1 in the ring rankings for so long without fighting top guys at fly)
I must admit I have fairly little knowledge of the smaller divisions, and the attention was brought to me, by someone on this very site.

So I went on to check him out, and I was amazed. I had expected someone who was maybe good at either defence or offence - but to me he had it all - maybe save a KO punch.

He boxed incredible smart as well, without making compromises on his defence nor offence. Unlike ie Israel Vasquez or Rafael Marquez.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum