Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #31
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324
Default Re: ************ The Official David Haye Heavyweight Champion of the World Thread****

My take, for what it's worth - Haye on points. Valuev has decent enough skills. He's got a decent jab and his size gives him obvious advantages. But Haye will work the angles. Get under and over Valuev's pawing jab (which does not return back to his face at even half the speed it is dispatched (which in turn is not that quick)). Watch for Haye making himself look small so that Valuev has to lean to reach him and Haye to then go in with uppercuts and hooks to the body.

Haye has turned himself into a bit of a counter puncher of late and the only risk for him is someone quick enough to catch him. Which Valuev isnt. There will be as many non-scoring punches thrown in this fight as there are scoring ones as Valuev is made to miss and Haye throws a lot of shots at the Russian's arms. But the big ones that count will come from Haye's gun.

If Haye catches anyone clean it's lights out. But I donít seen him catching the big fella on the chin with a bomb. He'll catch the side of his head, body and arms. My only two concerns for Haye are that he may burn out late on. Or injury. If he does force Valuev into leaning and trys the uppercuts, there's a chance he catches the big fellas huge fod. Which will hurt Haye's hands as much as it will hurt Valuev. If he does that a few times his right hand will fall apart.

Still though, too much speed from Haye. He'll out manouvre the Russian all night. Keep him turning and catch him with numerous shots downstairs and on the arms as the Russian turns like the Titanic.

WAR HAYE!!
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #32
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731
Default Re: ************ The Official David Haye Heavyweight Champion of the World Thread****

I'm having funny images of Haye catching Valuev with a big shot and valuev falling on haye and them both being counted out
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
charliesharkey
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

whatever else anyone says about our dave, he's exciting, good sense of humour and always willing and ready for a tearup.
he's deffo got the skills but once again, it comes down to stamina.
i'm rooting for him big time but i hope he's got a tank full of gas in case the big man doesnt go.
adam booth pricked up his ears when an interviewer mentioned Dempsey - Willard so I think thats the way he's planning to play it.
charliesharkey is online now  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #34
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Perfect View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
icemax is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #35
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

haye wins.

no doubts.

and new....................
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Picked this up from the general. Roach is backing Haye,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ishy is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #37
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1016

**** it. I'm gunna stick my neck out and go for Haye in either of the first two rounds.
Infact Haye in the 1st is where my moneys goin. He's gunna shock the world and the Klit brothers will have no choice but to fight him. And Haye will unify
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #38
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

haye on points

there is no way he is going to knock valuev out , valuev is just too big and strong plus his head is like an anvil
moorser is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #39
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Well in Germany/Switzerland wherever the **** it is I see no way Haye gets the decision.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #40
Welly
Journeyman

I think Haye wins and he wins inside the distance. Referee rescues Valuev around round 7 or 8...
Welly is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #41
noonan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think the bet of Valuev in 10/11 or 12 at 25-1 is a blinder, i can see Haye punching himelf out!!!

Id say Haye in 4/5/6 or Valuev 10/11/12

if it goes the distance, Who knows???

But all along I have saud Haye, after the way Holyfield out boxed Val, but the closer to the fight the more im waivering!!

Sod It c'mon Haye!!!!!
noonan is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #42
duffman85
Journeyman

Haye will piss it, lets just hope if it goes to the scorecards they judge it fairly....
duffman85 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #43
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welly View Post
I think Haye wins and he wins inside the distance. Referee rescues Valuev around round 7 or 8...
...or 9
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #44
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
...or 9
ive got a weird feeling on round 9 aswell
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #45
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Anyone know what time the ppv will finish on sky? And what time they will be entering the ring?
Mazallan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum