Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Erdei - Muriqi can made at 24 November ?

Joe DeGuardi divorced with former world champion Antonio Tarver who will fight with Danny Green in the Madison Square Garden at 1 December. The divorce coming because DeGuardia wants Muriqi to fight for WBO title holder Zsolt Erdei at 24 November in the Dresden, Germany and for this reasen Tarver dont want any more to fight under Star Boxing. The deal is not signet yet but Kohl and Guardia are near to final contract. DeGuardia knows that Muriqi is more profitable and can win because in the Dresden arena will be maybe more than 10 000 albanians nuts who will come to see for first time Muriqi live in the Europe. Lets hope to fight comes real.
Artani is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Erdei - Muriqi can made at 24 November ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Joe DeGuardi divorced with former world champion Antonio Tarver who will fight with Danny Green in the Madison Square Garden at 1 December. The divorce coming because DeGuardia wants Muriqi to fight for WBO title holder Zsolt Erdei at 24 November in the Dresden, Germany and for this reasen Tarver dont want any more to fight under Star Boxing. The deal is not signet yet but Kohl and Guardia are near to final contract. DeGuardia knows that Muriqi is more profitable and can win because in the Dresden arena will be maybe more than 10 000 albanians nuts who will come to see for first time Muriqi live in the Europe. Lets hope to fight comes real.

really?? i heard erdei was fighting garay again.

but this would be a solid fight! muriqui is a tough guy, a lot tougher than erdeis last two challengers.

and he would be worthy cause of his good showing vs tarver.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Intersting thought considering Erdei's former opponent Danny Santiago has already beaten Muriqi by TKO. But you're right, the Albanian showed a decent performance against Tarver. But I don't really understand this divorce thing. You're saying that Tarver wanted to fight Erdei but his promoter chose to give this option to Muriqi instead?
Edit:
On the other hand, it is said that this time Erdei will have to face a mandatory challenger, and Muriqi is not even in the WBO's top 15.

Last edited by Darien; 09-22-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

It should be a good fight should it ever happen. I do not rate either too much but would pick Erdei to come out on top.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Intersting thought considering Erdei's former opponent Danny Santiago has already beaten Muriqi by TKO. But you're right, the Albanian showed a decent performance against Tarver. But I don't really understand this divorce thing. You're saying that Tarver wanted to fight Erdei but his promoter chose to give this option to Muriqi instead?
Edit:
On the other hand, it is said that this time Erdei will have to face a mandatory challenger, and Muriqi is not even in the WBO's top 15.
Danny Santiago knock down Muriqi and refere stoped the fight. Muriqi was avalible to continue but this was refere soulution. Muriqi calls Santiago for rematch many time but he dident accept never again.

The problem is to make more money promoters . They know that Muriqi can bring money for both managers and also Terver will refuse to fight in Europe. Tarver want easy shots for the world title and he was angry because DeGuardia coudent to make him fight with Dawson for WBC title. Im see here problems betwen them.

About ratings , you know how is going with that, if the teams agreed with the fight happen Muriqi will get position in the top 15.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
About ratings , you know how is going with that, if the teams agreed with the fight happen Muriqi will get position in the top 15.
True, Muriqi could easily get into the top 15 if Kohl wanted him to get there. But as I said this time Erdei will most likely have to face a MANDATORY challenger. Even if the promoters could make him appear on the list it is very doubtful that the WBO would name him as a mandatory for Erdei. If it were a voluntary defence then this fight would make sense for the reasons you've mentioned (lots of Albanians in Germany, etc) but in this case I don't think this will come through.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Darien is making sense here.

But lets just hope that Erdei accepts this challenge and this fight is on, since i would really like to see Muriqi fight again asap.

Cheers
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
10,000 Albanians? Whenever I watched a fight with Luan Krasniqui live I was able to have a close look at those nutty Albanian fans who have no clue about boxing but fanatically supported their compatriot.However,I have never seen more than 100 or 200 of them supporting Luan Krasniqui,the great Albanian hero.
I very much doubt that 10,000-as you put it-would travel to Dresden in order to watch an average Albanian boxer.
Besides whenever Erdei fights on native soil in Hungary any arena there is sold out.He doesnt need an unknown Albanian fighter to fill the seats.
What's more Erdei isnt the most popular fighter in Germany,one of the most important box markets on this planet.It doesnt really matter whether he can sell 10,000 in his native Hungary or not.I am positive that an unknown and fairly average Albanian fighter wont help a lot to enhance Erdei's popularity in Germany.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
10,000 Albanians? Whenever I watched a fight with Luan Krasniqui live I was able to have a close look at those nutty Albanian fans who have no clue about boxing but fanatically supported their compatriot.However,I have never seen more than 100 or 200 of them supporting Luan Krasniqui,the great Albanian hero.
I very much doubt that 10,000-as you put it-would travel to Dresden in order to watch an average Albanian boxer.
Besides whenever Erdei fights on native soil in Hungary any arena there is sold out.He doesnt need an unknown Albanian fighter to fill the seats.
What's more Erdei isnt the most popular fighter in Germany,one of the most important box markets on this planet.It doesnt really matter whether he can sell 10,000 in his native Hungary or not.I am positive that an unknown and fairly average Albanian fighter wont help a lot to enhance Erdei's popularity in Germany.
Besides the Freiberg Arena can only hold up to 4,500 people for a boxing event...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This was like example, soo what you think guys, the Saurland and Vegner like him to much or wants money from him. In the around the Germany they have near 500.000 and living for boxing, think about it how much albanians will watch ARD and im sure that in Dresden will 50% albanians nuts insight in halle.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
This was like example, soo what you think guys, the Saurland and Vegner like him to much or wants money from him. In the around the Germany they have near 500.000 and living for boxing, think about it how much albanians will watch ARD and im sure that in Dresden will 50% albanians nuts insight in halle.
Erdei is with Universum and his trainer is Sdunek. His fights are aired by ZDF in Germany.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Erdei is with Universum and his trainer is Sdunek. His fights are aired by ZDF in Germany.
I now Darien but i told like example ,
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Hopefully this fight comes through, i would imagine that this would be muriqi at hes best and hes got alot to show.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 AM   #14
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I now Darien but i told like example ,
OK sorry.
By the way, rumour says that it's gonna be Tito Mendoza, who was scheduled to fight Drews but Stipe is injured.
Darien is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum