Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: whos the most feared boxer right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i dont understand what you are saying but if you are saying cotto is a slugger, you obviously have not seen many of his fights.
i think your trying to be cheeky

cotto is a slugger he is in there to stop the man infront of him..he aint boxing him he aint on the inside he is dropping big left hooks to the body thats a slugger when he makes a fight of it.

a puncher is a man who looks for the ko which cotto doesnt he waits till the later rounds.

does that make more sense

im a rubbish poster all my thoughts seem to come at once and not make sense.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #32
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
i think your trying to be cheeky

cotto is a slugger he is in there to stop the man infront of him..he aint boxing him he aint on the inside he is dropping big left hooks to the body thats a slugger when he makes a fight of it.

a puncher is a man who looks for the ko which cotto doesnt he waits till the later rounds.

does that make more sense

im a rubbish poster all my thoughts seem to come at once and not make sense.
not really, like he says, he doesn't go in there to knock his oponents out, he goes in there to win a 12 round fight, if his oponent cant make it then thats it.

you think this is slugging?

BORKED
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I don't think guys are scared of Cotto. Nobody is ducking Cotto. They probably should, and Mosley and Judah both should of ducked Cotto, but they didn't.. he's just not feared yet.

I still think most guys don't want a piece of Sam Peter. I don't think Wlad wants Peter in the ring again either.

Otherwise, there's not many guys scared of anyone out there right now, there's just not that dominating unbeatable one punch KO guy out there right now.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #34
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Its different turning your back and running behind a referee like a bitch and clinching compulsively more then 200 times in a fight and after you land a punch the same one two. Just so the other guy wouldnt whoop your ass. The referee had to pry the scared as Wlad off of Peter a million times. Wlad is a bitch. When Peter walked through his punches he got scared and just wanted peter to go away I guess.
Haha, yeah ok, when a 230lbs+ puncher is looking to knock your head off and stand there and fight you tell me whose the bitch...
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #35
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Haha, yeah ok, when a 230lbs+ puncher is looking to knock your head off and stand there and fight you tell me whose the bitch...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #36
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
I don't think guys are scared of Cotto. Nobody is ducking Cotto. They probably should, and Mosley and Judah both should of ducked Cotto, but they didn't.. he's just not feared yet.

I still think most guys don't want a piece of Sam Peter. I don't think Wlad wants Peter in the ring again either.

Otherwise, there's not many guys scared of anyone out there right now, there's just not that dominating unbeatable one punch KO guy out there right now.
a guy that goes 2 weight divisions up to fight oscar de la hoya then goes up another to have 2 fights with winky wright will not be intimidated by anyone.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #37
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian

Haha, yeah right buddy. You should do more research before you start making such inacurrate statements.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #38
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Its boxing.thats what defense is for...But when you are a 6 3 or 6 4 guy weighing more then 230 around 250 like Wlad and you are a trained boxer. There is no excuse to run behind a referee. That is a bitch...in boxing at least. Did james toney run...he was 230, 200 of that fat a grisle. GO the **** ahead oscar***ual and your little Klitite fans too. Bitch ass excuse makers.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #39
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Cotto i guess is an ok pick but honestly.... i dont think many, especially at 147lbs... are scared of him.

Mayorga wants to fight him
Margarito wants to fight him
Shane was HAPPY to fight him

for gods sake judah wants a REMATCH... lol...
malignaggi wants a REMATCH

though cotto is a beast, and messes people up.... for some reason i really dont think he is FEARED.

my vote goes for klitschko, and maybe pac? i suppose there arent a lot of people that scared of pac eather but it has to rattle his opponents a LITTLE when staring at him across the ring.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #40
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Cotto i guess is an ok pick but honestly.... i dont think many, especially at 147lbs... are scared of him.

Mayorga wants to fight him
Margarito wants to fight him
Shane was HAPPY to fight him

for gods sake judah wants a REMATCH... lol...

though cotto is a beast, and messes people up.... for some reason i really dont think he is FEARED.

my vote goes for klitschko, and maybe pac? i suppose there arent a lot of people that scared of pac eather but it has to rattle his opponents a LITTLE when staring at him across the ring.
I agree 100 %
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #41
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Its boxing.thats what defense is for...But when you are a 6 3 or 6 4 guy weighing more then 230 around 250 like Wlad and you are a trained boxer. There is no excuse to run behind a referee. That is a bitch...in boxing at least. Did james toney run...he was 230, 200 of that fat a grisle. GO the **** ahead oscar***ual and your little Klitite fans too. Bitch ass excuse makers.
wlad UD peter.

deal with it ****puppet, even with all of sam's rabbit punching he couldn't put wlad away, and this is a wlad who was tentative and trying to forge his way back into the heavyweight division. todays wlad would make mincemeat of that overrated piece of shit.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #42
JimboDs
So-called expert
ESB Jr Member

Rare is the fighter that is truly feared by other professionals. I don't think there are any on the scene right now.

If by 'feared' you mean avoided, Wvlad and Paul Williams.

Boxing is a business. Cotto isn't avoided because there's big money if you fight him.

The fighters you avoid are the ones that can beat you convincingly or make you look bad and don't represent a big pay day (i.e. not much to gain, but a lot to lose).

Even though hardcore boxing fans know that Wlad is the best proven heavyweight right know, the casual fan is completely and utterly confused by the state of the heavyweight division. Plus, Wlad is boring. As a result, a fight with Wlad means a mediocre payday and a likely ass-whooping.

Paul Williams isn't a big enough name among casual fans yet and his style represents serious problems for most fighters.
JimboDs is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #43
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboDs
Rare is the fighter that is truly feared by other professionals. I don't think there are any on the scene right now.

If by 'feared' you mean avoided, Wvlad and Paul Williams.

Boxing is a business. Cotto isn't avoided because there's big money if you fight him.

The fighters you avoid are the ones that can beat you convincingly or make you look bad and don't represent a big pay day (i.e. not much to gain, but a lot to lose).

Even though hardcore boxing fans know that Wlad is the best proven heavyweight right know, the casual fan is completely and utterly confused by the state of the heavyweight division. Plus, Wlad is boring. As a result, a fight with Wlad means a mediocre payday and a likely ass-whooping.

Paul Williams isn't a big enough name among casual fans yet and his style represents serious problems for most fighters.
Wow....great post. Welcome to the board BTW.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #44
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Great call with Paul Williams
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #45
Sheehan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 82

thing is cotto has been hurt so a good finisher with accuracy and good power can maybe do the job, my vote goes to Paul Williams.
Sheehan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum