Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #61
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: whos the most feared boxer right now?

Sam Peter, Maskaev doesnt want anything to do with him and fought some good fighters in his career.
box03 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #62
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
Sam Peter, Maskaev doesnt want anything to do with him and fought some good fighters in his career.
Have to disagree here even though Peter is one of my favorites right now and #1 Heavyweight but I doubt Wladimir Klitschko fears him.

Last edited by NBT; 06-29-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #63
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Have to disagree here even though Peter is one of my favorites right now and #1 Heavyweight but I doubt Wladimir Klitschko fears him.
I like him myself, his fighting style instills alot of fear in most heavywieghts. Like David Tua one good punch from Peter might just end the fight.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #64
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
I like him myself, his fighting style instills alot of fear in most heavywieghts. Like David Tua one good punch from Peter might just end the fight.
Yup, got to love his style and attitude out of the ring as well, he's a great guy and deserves support.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #65
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

I would have to say Cotto..... That also says alot about Mosley's character.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #66
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yup, got to love his style and attitude out of the ring as well, he's a great guy and deserves support.
Is he your favorite active boxer at Heavywieght? I like Peter and Mccall they both have good attitudes about the sport and always come to fight.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #67
JimboDs
So-called expert
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Mayweather
W.Klitschko
Cotto

Any of the three. My personal pick is Mayweather, with a style like his he can give anyone a terrible night and many fighters out there know it.
Nobody will avoid a chance to fight Mayweather because they'll get paid well for it.

Again, 'feared' is pretty relative. I don't think there's really anyone out there who will put the fear of God in a seasoned professional. This discussion should really be more about who is the most avoided.

Sadly, boxing today is really just about marketing yourself to get as many big paydays as you can.

Cotto has a big following. At this point, every Puerto Rican and his grandmother will pay to see him fight. Fighting him means big money.

Fighting Mayweather means big money too. There are plenty of people out there who will order the PPV in hopes of seeing him catch an ass-whooping (as unlikely as it may be).

Sadly, casual fans aren't knowledgable enough for there to be a public outcry for Mayweather to someone like Paul Williams or Kermit Cintron. He'll dodge those guys. Williams is a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather and Cintron's power at that weight is just too dangerous. Mayweather could win, but he could also get knocked cold. He won't take that chance.
JimboDs is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #68
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
I have to go with DLH after those pics of him have surfaced who's gonna want to fight him?

Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #69
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Zaheer Raheem, I'm so scared of this Guy. I'm sure nobody wants to fight him now!!! 99% of Boxing fans don't want to see him fight.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 AM   #70
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboDs
Nobody will avoid a chance to fight Mayweather because they'll get paid well for it.

Again, 'feared' is pretty relative. I don't think there's really anyone out there who will put the fear of God in a seasoned professional. This discussion should really be more about who is the most avoided.

Sadly, boxing today is really just about marketing yourself to get as many big paydays as you can.

Cotto has a big following. At this point, every Puerto Rican and his grandmother will pay to see him fight. Fighting him means big money.

Fighting Mayweather means big money too. There are plenty of people out there who will order the PPV in hopes of seeing him catch an ass-whooping (as unlikely as it may be).

Sadly, casual fans aren't knowledgable enough for there to be a public outcry for Mayweather to someone like Paul Williams or Kermit Cintron. He'll dodge those guys. Williams is a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather and Cintron's power at that weight is just too dangerous. Mayweather could win, but he could also get knocked cold. He won't take that chance.
I agree with everything in your post except for the last part. You would think Mayweather will dodge Cintron because of his power but didn't dodge DLH's proven punching power at Light Middleweight(with everything favoring DLH in the contract and first fight for PBF at light middleweight)?
Doesn't make sense to me.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #71
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar.z.hassan
edison miranda

he may of lost to kelly pavlik but miranda is the next big thing in the sport of boxing.
Sure he is.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #72
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wladimir
retriever is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 AM   #73
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Quote:
edison miranda

he may of lost to kelly pavlik but miranda is the next big thing in the sport of boxing.
I agree, even tho Scar doesn't. He stil packs a punch, and could shake the 168 divison.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #74
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
what do you mean sure he is.

you wouldn't last 10 seconds in the ring with him.

edison miranda is the new tyson.

by the end of 08 he will be the most feared boxer of all time.
What a reply!!, I wouldn't last in the ring with Miranda!, WOW, you totally shut me up there.
Miranda is complete garbage. One-dimensional, chinless, poor speed and lacks stamina. Only advantage he has is power, if that fails(like it did against Pavlik) then he's getting knocked the **** out. Next Tyson?, PLEAAAAAASE man. Tyson, THE HEAVYWEIGHT, is 4x faster than Miranda.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 01:54 AM   #75
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
I agree, even tho Scar doesn't. He stil packs a punch, and could shake the 168 divison.
Time will tell. I know that at welterwieght cotto now looks a lot stronger. He looks like he can take a punch better, his movement and speed are still good and his power is just as crippling at WW as it was at jr. ww. If EM's move to S MW works in the same way he will be a force to recon with in that week division. I hope we get to see a rematch of the pavlik fight at the higher wieght where he won't be wieght drain as shit. Cause you know he'd have more on his punches.
o_money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum