yes
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Cameron

hard to say needs to be tested more then just against mirovic.... but i think he could do ok...
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
yes
No. No way. He is too small to compete with the bigger guys, and he doesn't have the technical ability to trouble any of the guys within the top 5. He is a smaller guy who has muscled up to really be a true heavy. When he fights a naturally bigger guy, his power will be diminished and he will most probably be giving away some height/weight. Anyone with around 20 fights behind them, who was going to be a top contender in the world rankings would have been more dominant against Big Bob. For instance, Danny Williams, Kali Meehan and Matt Skelton all knocked out Bob in 4. Sanil Sam shut me out on the scorecards also, where as Bob was winning rounds agaisnt Cameron.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Cant see him ever winning a belt but he would trouble a few decent heavies out there. Id love to see him take on Arreola or one of the other young guns
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
No. No way. He is too small to compete with the bigger guys, and he doesn't have the technical ability to trouble any of the guys within the top 5. He is a smaller guy who has muscled up to really be a true heavy. When he fights a naturally bigger guy, his power will be diminished and he will most probably be giving away some height/weight. Anyone with around 20 fights behind them, who was going to be a top contender in the world rankings would have been more dominant against Big Bob. For instance, Danny Williams, Kali Meehan and Matt Skelton all knocked out Bob in 4. Sanil Sam shut me out on the scorecards also, where as Bob was winning rounds agaisnt Cameron.
**** your a hard to please cunt sometimes!!

He destroyed Bob in round 7 mate!!!!

Holifield and Tua both dont wanna risk a fight with him.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

Just being honest. I hardly think Holyfield is scared of Cameron mate that is ****ing ridiculous. Holyfield has been in with every great heavy of the past 10 years just about. As if he is scared to fight Cameron. Same with Tua. He fought Lennox Lewis but is scared to fight Cameron? Cameron just doesn't really have anything to offer these guys at the moment. They are looking to fight guys higher in the rankings to get a shot at the title. David Tua is the number 10 contender in the WBC rankings. Why the hell would he want to fight Cameron for? Its not like he is brining a lot of money to the table.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

BTW, his performace against Bob was okay, but we are comparing him to the best in the world here. So I pointed out that even the contenders like Skeleton, Meehan and Williams had him out in 4. The better guys that didn't KO him won every round. Against Cameron, Bob was pretty competitive, which at 41, shouldn't have been happening if Cameron was going to be a real force in the division.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
BTW, his performace against Bob was okay, but we are comparing him to the best in the world here. So I pointed out that even the contenders like Skeleton, Meehan and Williams had him out in 4. The better guys that didn't KO him won every round. Against Cameron, Bob was pretty competitive, which at 41, shouldn't have been happening if Cameron was going to be a real force in the division.
LMAO at Skeleton

Your right though - if he was going to make waves he should have been able to drop Mirovic alot quicker than he did. How do you think he would go against de Mori? Interesting match up perhaps?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #10
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
LMAO at Skeleton

Your right though - if he was going to make waves he should have been able to drop Mirovic alot quicker than he did. How do you think he would go against de Mori? Interesting match up perhaps?
hahah sorry to "bobby" but I would pick Cameron at this point. Both are very similar as fighters though. Cameron just being that level above IMO. BTW Skelton was just a typo... was that what you were laughing about, or the fact that he ko'd bob in 4?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #11
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Cameron is fairly good, but i fear he is too small against the elite heavyweights,
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
hahah sorry to "bobby" but I would pick Cameron at this point. Both are very similar as fighters though. Cameron just being that level above IMO. BTW Skelton was just a typo... was that what you were laughing about, or the fact that he ko'd bob in 4?
no, no - just the typo
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #13
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Just being honest. I hardly think Holyfield is scared of Cameron mate that is ****ing ridiculous. Holyfield has been in with every great heavy of the past 10 years just about. As if he is scared to fight Cameron. Same with Tua. He fought Lennox Lewis but is scared to fight Cameron? Cameron just doesn't really have anything to offer these guys at the moment. They are looking to fight guys higher in the rankings to get a shot at the title. David Tua is the number 10 contender in the WBC rankings. Why the hell would he want to fight Cameron for? Its not like he is brining a lot of money to the table.
I didnt say they were scared MSTR.

But they were both offered fights and turned them down,unlike the last guys Tua and Holifield fought who were stiffs.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #14
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I didnt say they were scared MSTR.

But they were both offered fights and turned them down,unlike the last guys Tua and Holifield fought who were stiffs.
Its just a higher risk, low reward fight for them. If they are going to take a risk, their needs to be a gain in it. Tua and Holy are going to either be fighting top guys, or guys they can look good against. Cameron at this point represents neither of the two. In terms of opposition, holyfields recent opposition have been more experienced and bigger names then Cameron anyway. Cameron really is a complete nobody internationally at this point. Maybe down the track Tua might fight him because it will be massive in NZ, but at this point i doubt it. Tua would be more concerned with some easy come back fights before taking on a ranked contender.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

God MSTR its monday, i cant come back at you with any decent comments
Marcus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum