Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #31
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clinton Woods

Great fight in what was a class night/early morning of boxing, also was my first experience of boxing on Setanta, I was pleasantly surprised, kept the advert breaks to a minimum unlike ITV
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #32
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Bless Clinton he's such a trier- and a pretty decent fighter. I really like him and although I don't consider him anywhere near the best LH in the world the guy has worked hard to get where he is now and deserves any success he gets..... Anyone who watched him soundly beaten by David Starie wouldn't dream of him been a 'genuine' world champ in his mid thirties.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #33
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Woods v Erdei? Gives both men a shot at unification, maybe a little more money and the winner could be set for a fight with someone like Dawson.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #34
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
What the **** were you watching? It was a great fight. Loads of action, changes of tempo. I agree with you about the 'same opponents' thing by the way, but if that's the case, don't watch in the first place.
A great fight if you hadnt seen the first one I would argue. But all the same stuff happened in the first fight, it was almost like watching a re-run. Gonzales didnt have the power to trouble Woods, he landed clean blow after clean blow on Woods head & body & it didnt faze the champ, just like the last time. Thats what I found unexiting, Woods knew he just had to go through the motions to get the job done.

As for not watching, Im a sucker for punishment Im sad to say!

See, the trouble with me is I cant get that image of Woods shitting a brick when Calzaghe was on the phone offering Clinton a fight live on the BBC, Clinton wouldnt even speak to him!!! What was that all about? Thats why Im not cutting Woods any slack for facing of against the Gonzales of this world time & time again when the chance was there for a massive fight with Calzaghe & he bottled it in spectacular fashion.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #35
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

The Setanta broadcast team were amusing discussing possible opponents. How the belt holders were not attractive for Woods.

They know Dawson would do him in, but would dare say it.

Old rubbish like Tarver only please.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2007, 03:01 AM   #36
mmickyward
Journeyman

i wouldnt be so quick in writing woods off against dawson.i remember rico hoye coming to england as the future of the light heavy division and look what happened to him
mmickyward is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum