Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What general advice would you give to a beginner, looking back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
If your a coach you should have the knowledge to physically train somebody correctly.

You should have the knowledge to correctly advise food intake.

You should know all of the fundamentals and how they fit in with one another.

You should know about muscle development through training.

You should know what it feels like to box or have an unusually creative imagination.

You should know about periodisation.

You should know about developing speed and power......

Nearly every trainer I have ever worked with knew **** all about most of these things. But they pretended they knew what they were talking about... Thats a fraud. Outgrowing a trainer who can only show you so much is one thing but EVERY trainer should know the fundamentals... if there not their a joke.
I would agree with that.

My old coach would take kids to Wendy's before their bouts and think nothing of it.
amy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Default Re: What general advice would you give to a beginner, looking back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
I would agree with that.

My old coach would take kids to Wendy's before their bouts and think nothing of it.
All I think is that you can die in that ring... Its a big responsability getting someone into that ring so that they can perform safely. For my super featherweight title fight I got from 10 and a half stone by eating 4 crabsticks and 4 celery a day for three weeks, and sipping water. I shit you not.

I hate liars, if you don't know something you should ask or read, or learn. I ****ing hate blaggers.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #33
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
All I think is that you can die in that ring... Its a big responsability getting someone into that ring so that they can perform safely. For my super featherweight title fight I got from 10 and a half stone by eating 4 crabsticks and 4 celery a day for three weeks, and sipping water. I shit you not.

I hate liars, if you don't know something you should ask or read, or learn. I ****ing hate blaggers.
Agreed. I think that was the final straw with my coach and I. I felt like he should have risen to the challenge or set his ego aside and allowed me to get instruction from people who did know. But to protect his own ego, he kept me at a level that he felt he was effective as a coach. And when I realized that I could go a lot farther and that I was holding myself back because of our relationship that's when all shit hit the fan.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #34
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

my adivse is just listen and do as your being told it might not feel right or comfortable but do it
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #35
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

With that diet you could have collapsed and seriously did your self some damage Jeff! Along side training for a fight? I understand it probably wasn't as little as that you actually ate, but its a lot of weight to drop so suddenly.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing