Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #16
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
hopefully well get a chance to see.
Exactly. Miranda is an exciting fighter with a lot of power and he's young enough to improve. He got schooled by Pavlik, but I am not one to give up on a fighter after a loss. Brooklyn's right in saying the SMW is a deep division, so Miranda will not have an easy time, but I'm glad to see him back.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #17
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimps
You beat me to the post. I like Manfredo, but I think Miranda deposits his head into the 5th row.
Agreed. Manfredo was getting tagged cleanly by Banks, who is not a world class fighter. Miranda would throw some serious bombs and I don't think Pete has the power to keep him off. That's not a slam on Manfredo, who is a fighter that I like and usually pull for.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #18
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
just read some NEWS about FIGHTing, and it had miranda back in the ring october 2nd. I am glad my boy is back, time to get back in the super middle picture and make some noise. I think he will make a strong comeback, he has it in him.
Hmmmm . . . I want to see how he fares on his comeback fight.

Interesting.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #19
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He is apparently going to fight Porras. What a dissapointment. I knew he would take an "easy" comeback fight, but he could at least have chosen an opponent who still had a pulse. Let me be the first to predict a KO-win to Miranda, after which he probably calls out a champion.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #20
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

what do 'b' 'c' and ''d' have in common, they were all undefeated.
Gibbs had a loss on his record. Also, he didn't look particularly convincing against Green, who looked like shit that fight. Eastman had already lost 2 in a row before he fought Miranda, granted it was the first time he'd been KOed.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 AM   #21
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
He is apparently going to fight Porras. What a dissapointment. I knew he would take an "easy" comeback fight, but he could at least have chosen an opponent who still had a pulse. Let me be the first to predict a KO-win to Miranda, after which he probably calls out a champion.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #22
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

Quote:
at least it is'nt on ppv, unlike oscar 'tune-up' against faded campas. I hope miranda improves though. even though he got the shit beat out of him i'm still a fan of the guy, and hopes he at least wins a paper title at smw. people hold the trash talking against him, but how can you hate a right handed power puncher who always comes to fight, puts on an exciting show, never says die and goes out on his shield. he's also willing to fight almost anybody without complaining about money. what MW fights eastman, abraham, green, gibbs and pavlik one after the other regardless of outcome?
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #23
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath

Just wait and see.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 AM   #24
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Just wait and see.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 AM   #25
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
at least it is'nt on ppv, unlike oscar 'tune-up' against faded campas. I hope miranda improves though. even though he got the shit beat out of him i'm still a fan of the guy, and hopes he at least wins a paper title at smw. people hold the trash talking against him, but how can you hate a right handed power puncher who always comes to fight, puts on an exciting show, never says die and goes out on his shield. he's also willing to fight almost anybody without complaining about money. what MW fights eastman, abraham, green, gibbs and pavlik one after the other regardless of outcome?
I don't hate Miranda the least. I actually think he is a pretty exciting and good (not elite) boxer, and because I think he is a good boxer, I would like to see him fight someone who is not completely shot. Believe me a fight against Porras won't answer any questions about how Miranda will cope at SMW.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #26
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't hate Miranda the least. I actually think he is a pretty exciting and good (not elite) boxer, and because I think he is a good boxer, I would like to see him fight someone who is not completely shot. Believe me a fight against Porras won't answer any questions about how Miranda will cope at SMW.
i agree, even as a miranda fan i knew he was going after an easy guy for his comeback. but i'm sure this is just a confidence builder to get him feeling 'invincible' again. after he knocks porra out, he should get offered a fight against, at least, a SMW like brahmer. porra should be a sacrificial lamb, but i'm hoping miranda at least shows what he's been working on against him.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:27 AM   #27
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
that is because the guy who's jaw he broke ran the whole fight. abraham lost that fight, ran scared, and lost. miranda got robbed and if you cant believe that watch the damn fight on youtube its there.
Miranda's blatant fouling should have earned him a DQ in that fight.

The boy had a rough childhood and got some sympathy from me on that account but he doesn't belong in top level boxing, at any weight. He doesn't have the skill set, neither offensive nor defensive.

With training, that could change, but I always believed he was overhyped, just as Pavlik is now.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 AM   #28
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
doubt it, but would love to see it. I like peter manfredo i think the calzaghe stoppage was BS. even though he might have lost, he could have made a good impression of himself and showed he could compete with the top level.

With that post, it's time to put away your booze and go sleep it off.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #29
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
Exactly - you took the words out of my mouth. I would rather watch him than a handful of "A" level fighters simply because you know there will be tons of action until the end.
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #30
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
oh and btw, the reason pavlik gets props for defeating miranda is because...

a: miranda knocked out howard eastman

b: miranda broke abraham's jaw and had him running scared in ******land where the grimiest shit happens. miranda should have won, but still got credit with the boxing world because look what happened to abrahams career (with his titanium jaw)

c: knocked out willie gibbs in one round.

d: miranda beat allan green (would have knocked him out if it went the full 12) who is a contender at super middle and very good.

what do 'b' 'c' and ''d' have in common, they were all undefeated.
what you talking about?!?
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum