Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #46
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 474
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
what fouling?! did you see the ****ing fight? if you did youll see that those 'supposed' low blows were from abraham moving down and pushing edisons shots down. Edison maybe got one headbutt in, but it was a PUNCH that broke abrahams jaw. a PUNCH that ended his career and i really dont see him coming back. and miranda won the fight. you must have been an abraham lover.
Aberaham is already back man! He has fought and knocked out 2 guys after the Miranda bout. The broken jaw is history and it isnt affecting him anymore, not at all and we can be happy about that.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #47
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
are you slow? you quoted about edison's deliberate fouling should have earned him a dq and also that he does not belong in the top level. What besides the headbutt was deliberate? do yourself a favor and watch the fight without any abraham bias (i know, you love abraham so much that you cant resist but just try). You will see miranda smashing his jaw with a right hand, breaking the jaw, and then the circus unfolding to desperately save abraham his title (at the cost of his career). Edison beat Abraham - get it through your biased head. Those low blows were not deliberate, abraham was bending down and pushing edisons hands down when edison was going for the body. abraaham did this because the paid ref was taking points away left and right - and ABRAHAM STILL BARELY WON THE DESCISON even after 6 points were taken from miranda. And as far as your point about miranda not belonging in the top level:

he beat the battersea bomber and knocked him out
knocked out gibbs
beat abraham (would have tko'd him if the fight was in the states, did you see abraham run scared like a little bitch the whole fight too - very funny)
beat allen green

what other fighter went through that competition for a title run lately? seriously name one for me

Four responses to one post?

Your debating skills are on par with your analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
i know, you love abraham so much that you cant resist but just try
Cite one piece of evidence to support this statement. As i mentioned on the earlier post, I never saw Abraham prior to his fight with Miranda. And I've never seen him since.

It appears you can't read either. My post was about MIRANDA, not Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
abraaham did this because the paid ref was taking points away
Do you think the ref should work for free?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
....at the cost of his career....
How did it cost him his career?


Oh, and this piece of wisdom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
oh and delibereate headbutts are a weapon of choice for fighters. no one is clean in there, they all do it. its part of the game. and if you get caught points are taken away.
This horseshit sums up your outlook perfectly.

Well it's NOT part of the game and when you get caught doing it, it shows you don't have the necessary skill set to win legitimately, and points are deducted.

Floyd doesn't do it. Neither does Oscar, Shane, Cory, Calzaghe, Kessler, or any of the skilled boxers who actually know how to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
Edison beat Abraham - get it through your biased head.
Actually, he didn't. He lost on points but should probably have been DQ'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
did you see abraham run scared like a little bitch the whole fight too - very funny
The only thing funny here is your commentary. Did YOU see the fight. Who was running in rounds 9 and 10 ?



Watch the last two minutes of this clip and tell me (a) who's a bitch? and ( b) who got saved by the bell?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
ABRAHAM STILL BARELY WON THE DESCISON even after 6 points were taken from miranda
Check your 'facts'. FIVE points were deducted, not SIX.

The scorecards were 114-109, 115-109, 116-109.

Without ANY point deductions, therefore, Abraham would STILL have won by a score of 114-114, 115-114, and 116-114.

(The fourth point deduction should have led to a DQ, and the fifth point should have left absolutely no doubt.)

The fact that Abraham won the 9th and 10th rounds with a broken jaw shows how over-rated Miranda had been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
what other fighter went through that competition for a title run lately? seriously name one for me
Pavlik.



As I mentioned earlier, Miranda had a very rough childhood and has done amazing things considering the adversity he's faced. But he's still very rough around the edges when it comes to top-level boxing. His inexperience showed against Abraham and Pavlik. He has potential, no doubt, but he was seriously overrated (Nonesense like 'peoples' champion' being bandied about).

He has a big punch but he needs to work on fundamentals, and on his temper. With the right trainer, he could improve to a much higher level.


You, on the other hand, not having shown the same potential in your deluded scriblings, would probably be better off watching MMA or UFC or better still, the barfights at your local watering-hole.

You could enjoy the headbutts, the kicking, and even the biting, and you wouldn't have to wory about who was following the rules, and shit like that.

Last edited by cuchulain; 09-25-2007 at 08:17 PM.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #48
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Four responses to one post?

Your debating skills are on par with your analysis.



Cite one piece of evidence to support this statement. As i mentioned on the earlier post, I never saw Abraham prior to his fight with Miranda. And I've never seen him since.

It appears you can't read either. My post was about MIRANDA, not Abraham



Do you think the ref should work for free?




How did it cost him his career?


Oh, and this piece of wisdom:



This horseshit sums up your outlook perfectly.

Well it's NOT part of the game and when you get caught doing it, it shows you don't have the necessary skill set to win legitimately, and points are deducted.

Floyd doesn't do it. Neither does Oscar, Shane, Cory, Calzaghe, Kessler, or any of the skilled boxers who actually know how to fight.



Actually, he didn't. He lost on points but should probably have been DQ'd.



The only thing funny here is your commentary. Did YOU see the fight. Who was running in rounds 9 and 10 ?




Check your 'facts'. FIVE points were deducted, not SIX.

The scorecards were 114-109, 115-109, 116-109.

Without ANY point deductions, therefore, Abraham would STILL have won by a score of 114-114, 115-114, and 116-114.

(The fourth point deduction should have led to a DQ, and the fifth point should have left absolutely no doubt.)

The fact that Abraham won the 9th and 10th rounds with a broken jaw shows how over-rated Miranda had been.



Pavlik.



As I mentioned earlier, Miranda had a very rough childhood and has done amazing things considering the adversity he's faced. But he's still very rough around the edges when it comes to top-level boxing. His inexperience showed against Abraham and Pavlik. He has potential, no doubt, but he was seriously overrated (Nonesense like 'peoples' champion' being bandied about).

He has a big punch but he needs to work on fundamentals, and on his temper. With the right trainer, he could improve to a much higher level.


You, on the other hand, not having shown the same potential in your deluded scriblings, would probably be better off watching MMA or UFC or better still, the barfights at your local watering-hole.

You could enjoy the headbutts, the kicking, and even the biting, and you wouldn't have to wory about who was following the rules, and shit like that.

I absolutely agree. Abraham won that fight. Watched it on YouTube about 4 times. Arthur won 7 rounds in that fight clearly in my eyes. Factor in the point deductions, and the fact that from this trainer's eyes, Arthur was 20 seconds from finishing Miranda in the 8th. He was hurt, shelled up, and getting hammered by an injured, bled out, and exhausted champion. He gets lucky and survives the disastrous 8th, and what does he do? Loses rounds 9 and 10 in similar fashion!

Arthur Abraham defeats Edison Miranda, 115-109.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #49
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

well see how that jaw affects abraham, funny, hes undefeated has a belt but yet the middlweight picture seems to move wihtout him in it at all. THATS THE ****ING REALITY.

Last edited by Shane; 07-04-2006 at 08:55 AM.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #50
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknstein
Wait a minute! Don't let your love for one fighter make you bashing on another one. I agree with you that that fight should have been ruled a TKO in favor of MIranda, but to say Arthur ran scared xxxxless the whole fight is not fair and it's also not true. Cautious? Yes! But in all honesty what would you have done in his situation? Apart from trying to avoid anymore punishment he still gave Miranda hell at times. And to tell the truth Miranda didn't exactly look brillant dealing with a severly injured opponent ... I mean, he had 8(!) long rounds to finish the job and in the meantime Arthur was going through a nightmare. Anyway I still think that night wasn't all that good for boxing...
you have to admit one thing, that break where the doctor and ref were looking at abrahams jaw gave him too much time. thats the problem with that fight. without that break - EDISON KO VICTORY. miranda had him where he wanted him - moving backwards!
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #51
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki



I absolutely agree. Abraham won that fight. Watched it on YouTube about 4 times. Arthur won 7 rounds in that fight clearly in my eyes. Factor in the point deductions, and the fact that from this trainer's eyes, Arthur was 20 seconds from finishing Miranda in the 8th. He was hurt, shelled up, and getting hammered by an injured, bled out, and exhausted champion. He gets lucky and survives the disastrous 8th, and what does he do? Loses rounds 9 and 10 in similar fashion!

Arthur Abraham defeats Edison Miranda, 115-109.
if that shit happened in the states without the break - EDISON KO VICTORY. you are blind if you cant realize that. he will come back. and you my friend will eat your words for as long as you are on here
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #52
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Four responses to one post?

Your debating skills are on par with your analysis.



Cite one piece of evidence to support this statement. As i mentioned on the earlier post, I never saw Abraham prior to his fight with Miranda. And I've never seen him since.

It appears you can't read either. My post was about MIRANDA, not Abraham



Do you think the ref should work for free?




How did it cost him his career?


Oh, and this piece of wisdom:



This horseshit sums up your outlook perfectly.

Well it's NOT part of the game and when you get caught doing it, it shows you don't have the necessary skill set to win legitimately, and points are deducted.

Floyd doesn't do it. Neither does Oscar, Shane, Cory, Calzaghe, Kessler, or any of the skilled boxers who actually know how to fight.



Actually, he didn't. He lost on points but should probably have been DQ'd.



The only thing funny here is your commentary. Did YOU see the fight. Who was running in rounds 9 and 10 ?



Watch the last two minutes of this clip and tell me (a) who's a bitch? and ( b) who got saved by the bell?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




Check your 'facts'. FIVE points were deducted, not SIX.

The scorecards were 114-109, 115-109, 116-109.

Without ANY point deductions, therefore, Abraham would STILL have won by a score of 114-114, 115-114, and 116-114.

(The fourth point deduction should have led to a DQ, and the fifth point should have left absolutely no doubt.)

The fact that Abraham won the 9th and 10th rounds with a broken jaw shows how over-rated Miranda had been.



Pavlik.



As I mentioned earlier, Miranda had a very rough childhood and has done amazing things considering the adversity he's faced. But he's still very rough around the edges when it comes to top-level boxing. His inexperience showed against Abraham and Pavlik. He has potential, no doubt, but he was seriously overrated (Nonesense like 'peoples' champion' being bandied about).

He has a big punch but he needs to work on fundamentals, and on his temper. With the right trainer, he could improve to a much higher level.


You, on the other hand, not having shown the same potential in your deluded scriblings, would probably be better off watching MMA or UFC or better still, the barfights at your local watering-hole.

You could enjoy the headbutts, the kicking, and even the biting, and you wouldn't have to wory about who was following the rules, and shit like that.
WHEN YOU ARE IN A EUROPE COUNTRY AGAINST EURO-TRASH PROTECTED FIGHTERS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO HEADBUTT THE FAGGOT. THE WHOLE FIGHT WAS A FARCE AND YOUR BOY ABRAHAM WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUGHT MIRANDA IN THE STATES, JUST LIKE HE HAS NEVER FOUGHT ANYONE IN THE STATES. LOOK AT HIS CAREER, HE IS UNDEFEATED, HAS A BELT, YET MIRANDA GOT THE CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THE REAL MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE. DESPITE LOSING TO A FIGHTER WHO GOT GIFT POINT DEDUCTIONS, 5 MINUTE BREAKS, CROOKED JUDGES, AND EVERY OTHER ADVANTAGE AGAINST MIRANDA. YOU SIR DO NOT NEED TO WATCH BOXING ANYMORE IF YOU THINK MIRANDA LOST THAT FIGHT. AND I DO HAPPEN TO LOVE MMA AND UFC AND ANY OTHER COMBAT SPORT, ITS JUST WHEN YOU HAVE THESE PROTECTED EUROTRASH FIGHTERS WITH EUROTRASH PROMOTERS, IT MAKES ME ****ING SICK TO SEE THEM ROB REAL CONTENDERS.


oh and btw, who got fight on hbo after that fiasco? yeah my point proven
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #53
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
if that shit happened in the states without the break - EDISON KO VICTORY. you are blind if you cant realize that. he will come back. and you my friend will eat your words for as long as you are on here
I sure ate crow after Pavlik aced Miranda...

Actually, I called Pavlik KO in 8, I was close. And if Edison fights another fighter of Kelly's calibre(Upper B class, weak champion material). Ill be happy to predict his destruction again.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #54
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 31,468
vCash: 372
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Why Pavlik gets so much credit for beating Miranda is beyond me

Miranda couldn't put away a guy with a severely broken jaw and almost went down twice during that fight AFTER the jaw was broken.
Exactly and was the one being backed off when it was supposed to be the other way around. You have a man with a broken jaw infront of you, why not put some serious pressure and take him out, that jaw is broken so every shot will feel like 10. It was pathetic and the illegal tactics were pathetic too.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #55
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

And dont call me blind. Been in boxing longer than most have been alive, nearly made the same Olympics Lennox won, and have sparred several athletes that would have CRUSHED Miranda. I know my shit and am thus entitled to an opinion just like you are.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #56
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabonator
Aberaham is already back man! He has fought and knocked out 2 guys after the Miranda bout. The broken jaw is history and it isnt affecting him anymore, not at all and we can be happy about that.
yeah but who has he fought really? no one of any importance, and expect that to continue. abraham is done dude. you just cant fight on like that with a wired jaw.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #57
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

"This horseshit sums up your outlook perfectly.

Well it's NOT part of the game and when you get caught doing it, it shows you don't have the necessary skill set to win legitimately, and points are deducted.

Floyd doesn't do it. Neither does Oscar, Shane, Cory, Calzaghe, Kessler, or any of the skilled boxers who actually know how to fight."




sorry for the repeated posts but every point i read shows how stupid you are.

floyd - uses his elbows and also grabs on top of opppenets heads after a straight right. does it every fight. POUND FOR POUND KING

oscar - never really seen him do dirty tactics so ill give you that one. not as great as floyd or hopkins thought and they do dirty shit

shane - see oscar

cory - runs and hits instead of hit and run. this is why he loses and never amounted to anything.

calzaghe - throws a flurry of slaps that make the ****** paid ref stop the fight even though the punches do shit for damage (see manfredo fight). i respect and like calzaghe, but he gets gifts with this tactic and it would not happen here in the states if he fought the whole time here. looked like shit against bika. imagine if he fought all his fights here - maybe not so perfect record anymore.

I guess my point here is that the people who do the not-so-legal-but-are-good-enough-to-get-away-with-it tactics have better careers than the ones who didnt. POINT PROVEN ASSHOLE. you really watch boxing though? why am i even responding to you?
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #58
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Great, soon he will have lost fights in two weight classes
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #59
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Big Eddie, or could it be LITTLe eddie,

it says on your profile that you are 27.

If that is true, why are your posts so full of school boy rhetoric (grade 8 or 9)?

Once again, you take three or for swings at responding to one post and then fall flat on your face doing it. You launch into a tirade of anti-European bias and foam on at the mouth about paid refs and such, you don't address any of the points made against your stance, you resort to name calling (more school-yard stuff) and in general come accross like a completely inarticulate, loudmouthed, ignorant buffoon who clearly knows ****-all about the sport that's the subject of this forum.

You accused me earlier of being an Abraham fan (despite the fact that I never saw him fight before Miranda.) I am neither German, nor Armenian, nor in any way connected to either Miranda or Abraham.

But you, it turns out, are Colombian.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Some bias here, perhaps.

At any rate, as other posters have noticed, you're not exactly a heavywt in the boxing knowledge or brains departments.

My last post, while highlighting Miranda's shortcomings, was less about Edison and more about the sorry, rabid, ill-informed, clueless poster called bigeddie.



ps.

In post # 62, you haven't even separated my post from your response.

And you're calling people stupid ?

You should learn how to operate your keyboard before you expose your witlessness any further.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 AM   #60
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Big Eddie, or could it be LITTLe eddie,

it says on your profile that you are 27.

If that is true, why are your posts so full of school boy rhetoric (grade 8 or 9)?

Once again, you take three or for swings at responding to one post and then fall flat on your face doing it. You launch into a tirade of anti-European bias and foam on at the mouth about paid refs and such, you don't address any of the points made against your stance, you resort to name calling (more school-yard stuff) and in general come accross like a completely inarticulate, loudmouthed, ignorant buffoon who clearly knows ****-all about the sport that's the subject of this forum.

You accused me earlier of being an Abraham fan (despite the fact that I never saw him fight before Miranda.) I am neither German, nor Armenian, nor in any way connected to either Miranda or Abraham.

But you, it turns out, are Colombian.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Some bias here, perhaps.

At any rate, as other posters have noticed, you're not exactly a heavywt in the boxing knowledge or brains departments.

My last post, while highlighting Miranda's shortcomings, was less about Edison and more about the sorry, rabid, ill-informed, clueless poster called bigeddie.



ps.

In post # 62, you haven't even separated my post from your response.

And you're calling people stupid ?

You should learn how to operate your keyboard before you expose your witlessness any further.
your the one who said he should have lost the fight by DQ because of his fouling. Only an idiot would DQ a fighter like that that commiitted one foul. Should cotto have been dq'ed for his one lowblow against judah? alright then.

Then you said that he does not belong in the top level. his competition thus far proves otherwise. He fought on HBO how many times? you dont consider that top level? I mean you can say whatever you want about me being biased. Ill admit i am a miranda fan, did u not read my first post in this thread saying i believe he will come back? And ill admit when my fighter loses, just like he did against pavlik. I even believe miranda came in as best shape as possible no excuses. I dont buy into the weight draining or any of that other bs. Pavlik took that. But to say miranda lost that abraham fight is bullcrap. And for you to say that those low blows were deliberate is bullcrap too and im gonna call you out on it. Bitch. Ive been a fan since tyson-spinks 1 on HBO back when i was a kid. been watchign boxing ever since. You on the other hand, I doubt youve followed the sport for long if you think those fouls by edison warranted a DQ. I really believe you love abraham. And i really believe you never watched the fight. Its on youtube man, watch it. and then watch it again because you seem like you might not now what is going on, so you might have to take a second look at it.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013