Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #61
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MIRANDA back in action at super middle!

and when miranda does come back and starts fghting top level again, I am going to call you out just to show your lack of foresight on anything.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #62
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknstein
Wait a minute! Don't let your love for one fighter make you bashing on another one. I agree with you that that fight should have been ruled a TKO in favor of MIranda, but to say Arthur ran scared xxxxless the whole fight is not fair and it's also not true. Cautious? Yes! But in all honesty what would you have done in his situation? Apart from trying to avoid anymore punishment he still gave Miranda hell at times. And to tell the truth Miranda didn't exactly look brillant dealing with a severly injured opponent ... I mean, he had 8(!) long rounds to finish the job and in the meantime Arthur was going through a nightmare. Anyway I still think that night wasn't all that good for boxing...
yeah but the 5 minute breaks gave abraham too much rest and screwed the momentum out of miranda. edison by KO if the breaks did not happen. But yes i am not bashing arthur fighting cautiosly, sure i would have done the same thing if my jaw got broke. But at the same time, without those BS breaks given by the ref, edison would have gotten the KO.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #63
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

will be interesting to see whether the pavlik beating will have any long term effect on him. no doubt that calzaghe and kessler would school him, but could make some noise amongst the other title contenders.

lacy v miranda would be ****ing mental.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #64
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

cuchulain? cuchulain? where are you? you have not answered my question yet asshole

" he beat the battersea bomber and knocked him out
knocked out gibbs
beat abraham (would have tko'd him if the fight was in the states, did you see abraham run scared like a little bitch the whole fight too - very funny)
beat allen green

what other fighter went through that competition for a title run lately? seriously name one for me"

where are you cuchulain? whats that, cant asnwer that question yet miranda does not belong in the top level? cuchulain? where are you?

Last edited by deram; 07-04-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #65
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
will be interesting to see whether the pavlik beating will have any long term effect on him. no doubt that calzaghe and kessler would school him, but could make some noise amongst the other title contenders.

lacy v miranda would be ****ing mental.
If Lacy is back from his injury, and Miranda hasn't improved, he'd outbox Miranda with ease all night long.

Miranda v Berrio, however, would be spectacular.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #66
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
your the one who said he should have lost the fight by DQ because of his fouling. Only an idiot would DQ a fighter like that that commiitted one foul.

He committed four fouls. FOUR, not ONE. Watch the fight.

Quote:
Then you said that he does not belong in the top level. his competition thus far proves otherwise. He fought on HBO how many times? you dont consider that top level? I mean you can say whatever you want about me being biased. Ill admit i am a miranda fan, did u not read my first post in this thread saying i believe he will come back? And ill admit when my fighter loses, just like he did against pavlik. I even believe miranda came in as best shape as possible no excuses. I dont buy into the weight draining or any of that other bs. Pavlik took that. But to say miranda lost that abraham fight is bullcrap. And for you to say that those low blows were deliberate is bullcrap too and im gonna call you out on it. Bitch.
Calling me bitch just shows your level of dialogue (School boy). It doesn't change the fact that Miranda fouled Abraham multiple times.

You're going to call me on it? What the **** does that mean ? It's a matter of record, not open for dispute, that the fouls took place.

Quote:
Ive been a fan since tyson-spinks 1 on HBO back when i was a kid. been watchign boxing ever since. You on the other hand, I doubt youve followed the sport for long if you think those fouls by edison warranted a DQ.
Not that it matters to this argument, but I've been a boxing fan since before you were born. The first fight I watched was Ali-Liston (2) and I've watched thousands of fights since.

Quote:

I really believe you love abraham.
Based on what?

I never heard of the guy before he fought Miranda. He's not exactly a huge name in boxing. Some weeks ago on another thread, I listed my twelve favourite fighters.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I had three middleweights on there and Abraham was not one of them

In response to a question on a different question, I posted:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Does any of this suggest even a remote hyping of Abraham on my part?

But of course, according to your logic, anyone who thinks Miranda is overrated must be an Abraham fan. You're a ****ing genius!

I have pointed that out to you several times now, but your tiny brain doesn't seem to grasp the fact that my first post on this thread was not about Abraham. It was about Miranda, and he could have been fighting Joe Blow. Fact is, he had no control over his temper and had no finishing skills. He lost rounds to a guy with a severely ****ed-up jaw. You can't get 'bitch' out of your mind. You called Abraham a bitch. What does that say about your boy when he couldn't finish off a severely injured 'bitch' and was backed up and was nearly stopped at the end of round 9 when any decent fighter would have finished Abraham off, given his injury. Your analysis and level of argument is a complete joke.

Quote:

And i really believe you never watched the fight.

Who give's a **** if you really believe that?

I watched it on you-tube shortly after it happened. (First time I ever saw Abraham), and I watched it again after reading your ravings a couple of nights ago. It's divided up into parts.

Quote:
Its on youtube man, watch it. and then watch it again because you seem like you might not now what is going on, so you might have to take a second look at it.
You're the one who needs to rewatch it, without your pro Miranda bias.

If you read all my posts on this thread carefully, you will see that I'm neither a Miranda hater (I've said he has potential) nor an Abraham fan (read my posted links.)

I have no axe to grind one way or another.

You, on the other hand, are a fan of your countryman , to the point of bias.

All of this is obvious to anyone reading the thread.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #67
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
cuchulain? cuchulain? where are you? you have not answered my question yet asshole (Yes I did, ****wit. You just don't know how to read. Go back to post #52 and the answer is there)

" he beat the battersea bomber and knocked him out
knocked out gibbs
beat abraham (would have tko'd him if the fight was in the states, did you see abraham run scared like a little bitch the whole fight too - very funny)
beat allen green

what other fighter went through that competition for a title run lately? seriously name one for me"

where are you cuchulain? whats that, cant asnwer that question yet miranda does not belong in the top level? cuchulain? where are you?
I have answered every single pathetic point you have made. Go back and look. And when you find it, consider yourself OWNED
You wrote all that before in post # 45 and I responded and named one in post #52.

It's as I thought. You don't even read the responses, you just mouth off the same questions over and over.

Do you have any idea how much of a complete ****ing idiot you look like on here ?

To give yourself a clue (and you could sure use one), go back and reread the thread, (just your posts and mine will do for now) starting at post # 32.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #68
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
well see how that jaw affects abraham, funny, hes undefeated has a belt but yet the middlweight picture seems to move wihtout him in it at all. THATS THE ****ING REALITY.
He will come to america next year to fight there. Abraham is not verry well known over there couse hes a fighter from germany but hes still a verry good fighter. Im shure he will fight better known fighters next. Abraham is not afraid og no one, if he would be afraid he would never fought Miranda. And if you watched the fight you see that the early rounds when Abraham was not injured were verry competitive, Abraham was ahead before the injury and without the injury Abraham would have won CLEARLY. Miranda is a good fighter and i like him, but Abraham and pavlick are better. Abraham and Pavlick are also better than Taylor. Man i would also pick miranda to beat taylor!
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #69
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
yeah but who has he fought really? no one of any importance, and expect that to continue. abraham is done dude. you just cant fight on like that with a wired jaw.
You dont know waht you are talking about , you are wrong with this. Go watch his last 2 fights, i bet your opinion will change.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #70
Brooklyn Boxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

Who has Abraham fought since he fought Miranda? Nobody. Miranda will improve since he lost to Palvik. Fighters learn more from a lose than a win. Miranda needs to fight one or two bums to work on his defences skill and improve his offence of skill. Miranda is a young raw fighter and he will be a champion. People are hating on him now but when he makes his comeback everybody will like him again.
Brooklyn Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #71
Snorkel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I don't think Miranda's going to be making much noise at 168. He'll be fighting bigger guys who can both give and receive harder punches. In other words, Miranda's going to find it harder to stop people and, although I'm not usually one to bang on about chins, is more likely to get stopped himself because of his dodgy jaw.

He's clearly not going to be fighting for a belt soon which leaves him with the other contenders at SMW. I think he loses to most of these.

Lacy's better in every aspect. He hits harder and can take a better punch so a brawl is only going one way.

Mundine's slick enough to outbox the crude Miranda while avoiding punishment. I also think he's got enough power to stop Edison.

Froch is an unorthodox banger with a solid chin. I think he outpunches the smaller, cruder Miranda too.

Miranda's greatest asset lies in his raw power. As he moves up in weight, this advantage lessens and his lack of skills becomes more problematic. If he genuinely can't make 160 anymore, I think he's going to struggle to get anywhere.
Snorkel is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #72
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel
I don't think Miranda's going to be making much noise at 168. He'll be fighting bigger guys who can both give and receive harder punches. In other words, Miranda's going to find it harder to stop people and, although I'm not usually one to bang on about chins, is more likely to get stopped himself because of his dodgy jaw.

He's clearly not going to be fighting for a belt soon which leaves him with the other contenders at SMW. I think he loses to most of these.

Lacy's better in every aspect. He hits harder and can take a better punch so a brawl is only going one way.

Mundine's slick enough to outbox the crude Miranda while avoiding punishment. I also think he's got enough power to stop Edison.

Froch is an unorthodox banger with a solid chin. I think he outpunches the smaller, cruder Miranda too.

Miranda's greatest asset lies in his raw power. As he moves up in weight, this advantage lessens and his lack of skills becomes more problematic. If he genuinely can't make 160 anymore, I think he's going to struggle to get anywhere.
the guy could have some success at SMW. going up in weight does'nt usually mean a decrease in power, as you usually retain more strength by cutting less weight during fights. there's been a lot of examples of this i.e pacman hitting harder at 122 after jumping up two weight classes, hearns KO power at 154 was deadlier than at WW, RJJ was a harder puncher at SMW than MW etc..... mirandas chin was a question mark before the pavlik fight (as was pavlik's) but it's been proven to be more or less servicable. he took a lot of flush shots from hard hitting pavlik before going getting taken out. getting rocked by flush shots from eastman and abraham was'nt a big surprise as his defence is so porous, and those guys have pretty good pop. with a little more work on technique and defense, miranda winning a paper title at SMW is not out of the question.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #73
Snorkel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
the guy could have some success at SMW. going up in weight does'nt usually mean a decrease in power, as you usually retain more strength by cutting less weight during fights. there's been a lot of examples of this i.e pacman hitting harder at 122 after jumping up two weight classes, hearns KO power at 154 was deadlier than at WW, RJJ was a harder puncher at SMW than MW etc..... mirandas chin was a question mark before the pavlik fight (as was pavlik's) but it's been proven to be more or less servicable. he took a lot of flush shots from hard hitting pavlik before going getting taken out. getting rocked by flush shots from eastman and abraham was'nt a big surprise as his defence is so porous, and those guys have pretty good pop. with a little more work on technique and defense, miranda winning a paper title at SMW is not out of the question.
All valid points, and I agree that he may win a paper title; Berrio's managed to get hold of one.

However, his chin is, as you said, serviceable at best. He's going to be facing some big hitters here and I honestly think their power will get to him before he can do it to them, especially the more proven chins in the division.

As far as the current big names at 168 go, I can see him being comfortably outboxed by Calzaghe, Kessler and Mundine and outpunched by Froch and Lacy. He doesn't excel in any area really beyond his natural strength and as he moves up the weights and takes on bigger guys, I feel they'll be better equipped to handle and nullify that. Without that advantage, I don't think he's that special as a boxer.
Snorkel is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #74
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel
All valid points, and I agree that he may win a paper title; Berrio's managed to get hold of one.

However, his chin is, as you said, serviceable at best. He's going to be facing some big hitters here and I honestly think their power will get to him before he can do it to them, especially the more proven chins in the division.

As far as the current big names at 168 go, I can see him being comfortably outboxed by Calzaghe, Kessler and Mundine and outpunched by Froch and Lacy. He doesn't excel in any area really beyond his natural strength and as he moves up the weights and takes on bigger guys, I feel they'll be better equipped to handle and nullify that. Without that advantage, I don't think he's that special as a boxer.
mirandas chin is very good. he took a lot of rights from pavlik. his defence definetly needs work though.

Last edited by Marciano Frazier; 07-05-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #75
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"alling me bitch just shows your level of dialogue (School boy). It doesn't change the fact that Miranda fouled Abraham multiple times.

You're going to call me on it? What the **** does that mean ? It's a matter of record, not open for dispute, that the fouls took place."

yeah 'record' and 'what really happen' are two different things. Did chavez draw with sweet pea - technically he did for the record, but sports illustrated had on the front cover - ROBBED! so a 'matter of record' means shit if the fight had a crooked ref, crooked promoter, and crooked judges. the 'matter of record' is that miranda went on to fight on HBO and get a shot for the title by fighting pavlik in an eliminator. what happened to abraham - hospital and fighting nobodies. how about that for a 'matter of record'. You gonna dispute HBO now too?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum