Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #1
rvk2007
He's Back!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 391
Default Barrera knocked out in sparring?

Barrera knocked out?

By Marc Anthony Reyes
Inquirer
Last updated 10:49pm (Mla time) 09/22/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- IF REPORTS ARE ACCURATE ENOUGH, Manny Pacquiao should have no problem finishing off Marco Antonio Barrera in Las Vegas two weeks from now.

The latest buzz out of the Mexican’s camp could be ominous: Barrera was knocked out by a sparmate in Guadalajara, Mexico.

That was the report passed around during yesterday’s send-off breakfast for Pacquiao at Gourdo’s in The Fort.

He refused to comment about it, going his usual route and declaring that he will be 100 percent fully charged for his super featherweight rematch against the “Baby-Faced Assassin” on Oct. 7 at the Mandalay Bay.

“Hindi natin alam kung ano ang mangyayari sa fight, pero sigurado akong gagawin ko ang lahat (I can’t say what will happen in the fight except that I’ll give it my best shot),” Pacquiao quipped flashing a smile that matched the shine of his gold Rolex wristwatch and diamond-stud earring.

At one point of the press conference, his imported sparring partners, Mexicans Sugar Ray Beltran and David Rodela, vouched for Pacquiao’s preparedness, citing how the Filipino boxing icon’s punches were like swings from a baseball bat.

“We still have 26 hellish rounds with him,” said one of the sparmates who worked out with Pacquiao after the presscon at the Wild Card gym in Parañaque.

They were to join him and trainer Freddie Roach late last night on a flight to the United States for the homestretch of his training.

“He’s my favorite fighter of all time,” said Roach, who also denied previous weeks’ reports that he sent out spies at Barrera’s camp.

“I don’t have any spy. We don’t need any spy,” added the trainer.

Pacquiao knocked out Barrera in the 11th-round during their first date in November of 2003, a result that practically put the Filipino in the radar of megabuck fights.

Whether it's true or not,we probably will never know but if Valero is sparring there now and it did happen,it was Valero. One thing I know about that guy,he has a huge ego. He loves to fight. Even in sparring.
rvk2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Barrera knocked out in sparring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoTime
how the hell's that even possible? What happened, Marco got knocked down by a sparring partner and Joe Cortez came running into the ring and counted him out?

or maybe he got smashed up and sparked out cold, as it gonna happen in the Pac rematch.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 AM   #3
YOUNG*LORD
Carlosv1968 is your daddy
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
I think the Pacquiao camp is getting desperate. How the **** would they know that. Maybe Barerras camp planted the story themselves to lure Pacquiai into a sense of false confidence.
you may be right
YOUNG*LORD is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

So when Freddy Roach said "He's my favorite fighter of all time" was he referring to Pacquiao or Barrera. I mean i know it must be pacquiao but thats a weird thing to say about the fighter you're training

btw its obviously bullshit that MAB got KO'ed in sparring and Pacquiao's camp knows this and they are ignoring the rumour, as they should.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #5
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
It just not plausible. If Barerra was knocked down in sparring, then the Pac camp would be the last ones to hear it, not the first.
Great point
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #6
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

mustve been valero
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:48 AM   #7
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think the Pacquiao camp is getting desperate. How the **** would they know that. Maybe Barerras camp planted the story themselves to lure Pacquiai into a sense of false confidence.
this is the only way this story would be true
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 AM   #8
Spartan_Boxer

I think it's a bit Psychological warfare going here!!!
Spartan_Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #9
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think it's probably true. Valero is a strong boxer. He can kd Barrera with his punch.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

it's just another dumb ass filipino writer who knows nothing about the sport and who heard this story for someone at some point in time. any writer who starts with "if the reports are accurate enought" should not be believed.

man, how the hell could he be knocked out? it is very possible to be dropped during sparring but if a person there counted one to ten before helping mab to his feet in just impossible. i reckon that the writer does not know much about boxing as there is a strong possibility that he does not know the difference of a KD from a KO.

take everything being published about pac in filipino newspapers with a grain of salt. remember that pac hinself sued a writer for libel and that the story that pac was backing out from the fight against mab started from their ranks.
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #11
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dont be a noob. Of course it isnt true. How can you consider the story slightly credible. A writer in the Philipines somehow heard MAB was KOed in sparring so he went to Pacmans camp so he could get their statements on it? That has so many holes in it its ridiculous. I think the whole story is bullshit
You mean Valero kd'ing Barrera is not possible? C'mon don't be a noob.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #12
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

hmmn interesting...not buying it tho, i'm sure such incidents occur in these training camps but i think this is another ingredient to spice up the fight.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #13
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It just not plausible. If Barerra was knocked down in sparring, then the Pac camp would be the last ones to hear it, not the first.

you read the script right? it buzzed out of barrera's camp! how the hell will it come from pac's camp then?!!

Last edited by Flatlander; 07-03-2006 at 01:21 AM.
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 AM   #14
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi
You mean Valero kd'ing Barrera is not possible? C'mon don't be a noob.
valero knocking down mab is a possibility but nobody said anything about a kd nood. the article clearly stated a ko. read the article and thread title before you post. it helps, really
Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 AM   #15
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
[/size]
you read the script right? it buzzed out of barrera's camp! how the hell will it come from pac's camp then?!!
a filipino writer said it CLAIMED it came from the barrera camp. claimed is the key word here. he didn't even know who it was from.

you people will believe anything. amazing.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum