Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #16
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Barrera knocked out in sparring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
it's just another dumb ass filipino writer who knows nothing about the sport and who heard this story for someone at some point in time. any writer who starts with "if the reports are accurate enought" should not be believed.

man, how the hell could he be knocked out? it is very possible to be dropped during sparring but if a person there counted one to ten before helping mab to his feet in just impossible. i reckon that the writer does not know much about boxing as there is a strong possibility that he does not know the difference of a KD from a KO.

take everything being published about pac in filipino newspapers with a grain of salt. remember that pac hinself sued a writer for libel and that the story that pac was backing out from the fight against mab started from their ranks.
theunderdog, i think the writer means mab was totally ko: meaning did not get up in a span of sec.s or minute. that's past 10 if you count it metaphysically.
don't discriminate the writer, i'm sure he definitely knows what he's talking about on what's the difference of being ko or kd in a sparring session to a real bout. they are trained to be responsible to what they write about, right? and considering phil. inquirer, it is one, if not, the most respected newspaper institution, it's not even a tabloid, in our country. surely they follow a certain creed in responsible writing or else it would ruin their reputation.
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #17
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

anyways it's just a rumour nobody knows the truth..
Old 09-25-2007, 05:49 AM   #18
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i looked the writer up and i searched through around 70 of his articles. 2 were about boxing. 1 was about mab being ko'd the otehr one was about the government funding a boxing gym. i gues he is a toatlly learned boxing writer
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 AM   #19
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i looked the writer up and i searched through around 70 of his articles. 2 were about boxing. 1 was about mab being ko'd the otehr one was about the government funding a boxing gym. i gues he is a toatlly learned boxing writer
yeah, right.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #20
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think the writer is a casual boxing fan (if ever he is a boxing fan). So for him, ko and kd are the same. Anyone who is not into boxing will interchange ko and kd. So I think what happened is a kd. Whether this is true or not, we don't know. But I do know that there is a possibility that Valero kd'ed Barrera in one of their sparrings. Again I said, it's POSSIBLE.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 AM   #21
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

i bet you did not even read all of his articles! if you say that he only has 2 articles or a few articles, that doe'snt discredit him in the knowledge of boxing. kd and ko is just basic shit, even elementary studs knows about it: so are you claiming that a college grad. who works for an institutionalized newspaper does'nt know about that?! c'mon man give it a break..
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 AM   #22
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi
I think the writer is a casual boxing fan (if ever he is a boxing fan). So for him, ko and kd are the same. Anyone who is not into boxing will interchange ko and kd. So I think what happened is a kd. Whether this is true or not, we don't know. But I do know that there is a possibility that Valero kd'ed Barrera in one of their sparrings. Again I said, it's POSSIBLE.

tell that to mad.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:10 AM   #23
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
i bet you did not even read all of his articles! if you say that he only has 2 articles or a few articles, that doe'snt discredit him in the knowledge of boxing. kd and ko is just basic shit, even elementary studs knows about it: so are you claiming that a college grad. who works for an institutionalized newspaper does'nt know about that?! c'mon man give it a break..
ofcourse i didn't read all his atricles numbnuts. i already told you i looked up around 70 of them, how the **** could i read 70 articles in ten minutes? i looked at their titles and a grade schooler would know that the article title will be the main topic of what's inside. i didn't have to read all his articles to see how many articles he's already written about boxing
Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #24
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
I think its a seed planted by MABs camp. Make Pacquiao go for the KO and me more agressive, giving Barerra the boxing edge and leaving Pac open to counter punching. Plus not to mention lulling Pacquiao into a false sense of security
that's the style of pac before but now he is changed and he is smarter to know that. if that was the truth: then the pac camp would also doubt it since it's only a rumor. he often says in his interviews that before he was like that: aggressive but now he opts more not to, as it will end up in demise. he often says:" kailangan hindi manggigil" or not to be too much agressive.
did roach always say that they are not taking mab that easily coming to this fight?
so if indeed it was seed planted, i don't think the pac camp would bite.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #25
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
ofcourse i didn't read all his atricles numbnuts. i already told you i looked up around 70 of them, how the **** could i read 70 articles in ten minutes? i looked at their titles and a grade schooler would know that the article title will be the main topic of what's inside. i didn't have to read all his articles to see how many articles he's already written about boxing
good. so you can't be reliable on what you say.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #26
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
I have seen college grads walk into doors marked pull. Most people dont know shit about boxing anyway, and just because he is a college graduate doesnt mean he is boxing literate. Plus two articles does disscredit him, since he is obviously not an experienced boxing writer if that is all he has written. Plus he is from the Philipines and something may have been lost in translation anyways considering the breaking news supposedly came from MABs camo in Mexico City
he have to, he works for a big newspaper here which is an institution so what do you expect? do you think just by being a simple college graduate will get you hired as a sports analyst in inquirer? you have to know what you say.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 AM   #27
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

a journalists' work history is important if you consider his credibility. Nonetheless, you don't have to be a boxing expert to report an incident related to boxing. But to actually give your opinion is a different thing.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #28
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi
that can happen only to tabloids sports writers. not on inquirer man, it's already an institution. kung pinoy ka alam mo un pre di ba?
however this is only a rumor like i said. who can say which is true anyways. i'm not saying it's true, i'm not saying it's false. it's just a rumor: plain and simple.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #29
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
he have to, he works for a big newspaper here which is an institution so what do you expect? do you think just by being a simple college graduate will get you hired as a sports analyst in inquirer? you have to know what you say.
working for a good company does not make a writer a good writer. you know that soometimes, people get their jobs because they know people.

i never said that he shouldn't write boxing articles. check out all the newspapers in the world, their boxing news normally suck dick. it's a fact. not all people comprehend the sweet science. i still think that the writer didn't know what a ko and a kd was. if he had any semblence of being o boxing writer, he should have discussed the supposed ko deeply, which he didn't. he mentioned that mab was ko'd then he proceeded to what other people think. for pete's sake, he didn't even know who knocked mab out. how could you believe that shit?

and lastly, if there was a grain of truth in that article, don't you think it would have been reported by boxing websites? think people!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #30
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Roach dismissed rumors that WBA champion Edwin Valero reportedly knocked Barrera out in sparring. He said "it’s a press thing trying to get us to take him lightly. I bet they never even boxed.” Roach said he knew Barrera very well and he spars with young guys saying that “as a veteran he doesn’t need to work. He just uses sparring to keep his eyes sharp.”
enzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum