Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #31
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Barrera knocked out in sparring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
See, I disagree with you there, I think Pac is a pretty stupid guy, a great fighter, but of low intelligence in everything else. I like Pacquiao, but he just does not strike me as an intelligent fellow outside of the ring. Roach may be taking the fight seriously, but that doesnt mean Pacquiao is. Pacquiao beat Barerra the first time, and that was before his style ha really evolved into what it is now. I think Pacquio will take the information the wrong way and be more lax in following a fight plan. Perhaps he believes if he beat Barerra the first time on agression then that is all he needs this time

I know I am assuming alot, but you must admit it is not impossible that the above situation could occurr. I can easily see Manny fighting recklessly the first few rounds and get hit with right hands and counters, and then Roach telling him off for not fighting smarter and that he needs to stick to boxing and stop losing his head and being agressive ineffectively
i disagree with that statement. with years of experience that manny has, he knows things that not even us hardcore or casual fans know. what are we to tell that he is stupid? have we know his sgtrategies during the fight? his trainings? even a 1 -dimensional fighter would have strategies too anyways.
he succumbed many times because of his agressiveness and i think he learned from that. that's why he knows: what most of his trainers in the past and almost all trainers in the whole world know: that being aggressive can also be your doom. i think he was reminded of that before. so he knows about it and in the fight we shall see if he remembers what he knows.
the situation you said is quite possible, i admit, but if it is: surely there will sprout doubts and i believe and can even bet on it: that even manny himself, have doubted that mab was kd or ko in sparring.
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 AM   #32
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
See, I disagree with you there, I think Pac is a pretty stupid guy, a great fighter, but of low intelligence in everything else. I like Pacquiao, but he just does not strike me as an intelligent fellow outside of the ring. Roach may be taking the fight seriously, but that doesnt mean Pacquiao is. Pacquiao beat Barerra the first time, and that was before his style ha really evolved into what it is now. I think Pacquio will take the information the wrong way and be more lax in following a fight plan. Perhaps he believes if he beat Barerra the first time on agression then that is all he needs this time

I know I am assuming alot, but you must admit it is not impossible that the above situation could occurr. I can easily see Manny fighting recklessly the first few rounds and get hit with right hands and counters, and then Roach telling him off for not fighting smarter and that he needs to stick to boxing and stop losing his head and being agressive ineffectively

Pac may not be as intelligent as you think, he barely finished gradeschool! But that is academically..he still managed to get rich right? he must have made good decisions then. During interviews, Pac always says that he doesnt like looking past his upcoming opponents. I dont think he's taking MAB for granted, even admitted that MAB is the hardest puncher he ever fought. That's why he went the extra mile preparing for this.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 AM   #33
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
working for a good company does not make a writer a good writer. you know that soometimes, people get their jobs because they know people.

i never said that he shouldn't write boxing articles. check out all the newspapers in the world, their boxing news normally suck dick. it's a fact. not all people comprehend the sweet science. i still think that the writer didn't know what a ko and a kd was. if he had any semblence of being o boxing writer, he should have discussed the supposed ko deeply, which he didn't. he mentioned that mab was ko'd then he proceeded to what other people think. for pete's sake, he didn't even know who knocked mab out. how could you believe that shit?

and lastly, if there was a grain of truth in that article, don't you think it would have been reported by boxing websites? think people!
i don't give a shit if i believe it or not, it's just a rumor anyways but it's a possibility like hmi said.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #34
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo
Roach dismissed rumors that WBA champion Edwin Valero reportedly knocked Barrera out in sparring. He said "it’s a press thing trying to get us to take him lightly. I bet they never even boxed.” Roach said he knew Barrera very well and he spars with young guys saying that “as a veteran he doesn’t need to work. He just uses sparring to keep his eyes sharp.”
see i told you it easily casts doubts on pac's camp.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #35
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

look mexican jew: look at the other thread here who says pac is not prepared something like that and you will see pac's photos coming in to this fight. he really prepared for this so that's a testament that pac is no way taking mab lightly.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #36
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Strange things going on with this fight.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #37
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

I'm always skeptical of these kind of things coming out so close to a fight. I doubt it happened. As someone else said maybe they are trying to lure Pac into a false sense of security.

Last edited by Ramon Rojo; 07-03-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #38
koko of phil
Ring of Fire Resident
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoTime
how the hell's that even possible? What happened, Marco got knocked down by a sparring partner and Joe Cortez came running into the ring and counted him out?
No it's Laurence Cole calling it a slip instead.
koko of phil is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #39
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

i guess Barrera's camp is gettin desperate to use such a tactic.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #40
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Maybe Barerras camp planted the story themselves to lure Pacquiai into a sense of false confidence.
That was the first thought that entered my head.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #41
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoTime
if he's getting knocked down by that bum valero then he's ****ed come october 6th
Why is Valero a bum??
The taff is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #42
koko of phil
Ring of Fire Resident
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taff
Why is Valero a bum??
Yeah, Valero should be given all praise for that.
koko of phil is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #43
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Who works for team Pacquio to get info like this ??Batman ?

I think its far fetched but God forbid if this is true ..
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #44
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

A. Why does Barrera's camp feel like Pacman can become any more confident then he already is??? He destroyed Barrera last time. Barrera has visibly declined since and looked nowhere near menacing against Juarez or Marquez. Pac has improved since.

B. Pac is the type of fighter that only BENEFITS from confidence. He is a "balls out" come forward, fast and strong as hell machine. Confidence fuels him...not hurts him.

Barrera is in serious trouble in this fight and might not make it past 4.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #45
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think the Pacquiao camp is getting desperate. How the **** would they know that. Maybe Barerras camp planted the story themselves to lure Pacquiai into a sense of false confidence.

i think that could be exactly it.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum