Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default My Second Time Sparring Videos

Hey guys, this is basically an update to my first post: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well I sparred the same guy as i did in the first video from my first post(white Shirt, as well as a new partner (Blue shirt).

You can get the story on the guy in the white from my first post.
The guy in the Blue has a few years experience on me, but we weigh the same (165ish)

Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys. I am in the yellow, and again I am 6'4 and weigh 165lbs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49RDBUS0th8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1-jo5CWlo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5FENFY9rDk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeD6Ln-hj5E[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saB75Td0QI8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdHJrfFdM8g[/ame]
CrocodileFace is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: My Second Time Sparring Videos

Why on earth is the guy in the blue walking around with his hands down by his side?

The most obvious part for me is that you should not get so flat footed, keep that back heel off the ground. Looks like you are mobile enough though for a big fella.

Last edited by scotchpieirnbru; 11-18-2009 at 09:21 PM.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

Beats me, Habit I guess. He is the one who actually brought me into the gym
Old 11-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Pretty good, just don't go backwards in a straight line when he comes at you. I saw one part where you actually switched the angle when he came at you which is good to do
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The black guy seemed a very comfortable fighter. I'd just keep him busier with my jab, just annoying him with it.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
Pretty good, just don't go backwards in a straight line when he comes at you. I saw one part where you actually switched the angle when he came at you which is good to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchpieirnbru View Post
The black guy seemed a very comfortable fighter. I'd just keep him busier with my jab, just annoying him with it.
Paloalto-Yea That's what i am going work on in my next session, my trainer started yelling at me for it late in the rounds haha. that's a great tip i never even thought about

Scotch- Yea he's 27 and has been fighting since he was 12, he's got plenty of fights and experience on me. He's my toughest opponent. He's so tricky, I can rarely tell when he's going to throw a shot. Hence the Bloody nose he gave me in the 4th lol
Old 11-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Dont be afrid to get in close and rough the body up a little ... new fighters tend to fight at range cos they dont wanna get hit ; which i understand no body wants to get hit !

But use the angles like palatoa posted and get in close .... dig the ribs .. all new boxers are obssesed with hitting the face ... a good body shot works wonders!
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
Dont be afrid to get in close and rough the body up a little ... new fighters tend to fight at range cos they dont wanna get hit ; which i understand no body wants to get hit !

But use the angles like palatoa posted and get in close .... dig the ribs .. all new boxers are obssesed with hitting the face ... a good body shot works wonders!
thats my biggest problem, need far more time in the ring, i have long arms so its easier for me but being so much more experienced the other guys soon get round that
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pretty impressive for not training long. You seem to have good movement, and use the jab pretty well. Seems like you know the basics of what your suppose to do.
Work the jab even more, and if your in a rougher fight don't be afraid to really sit down on it! I was training a boy who was about 6'5 190, and I'd go in to rough him up, and told him if I came at him hard I wanted him to really pop me!
Guy in the blue I would have sparred easy with. The guy in the white I'd have DRILLED! He was definitely fighting a lot harder than you were...

Also it's good to keep people away from you with jabs, and the occasional BIG RIGHT HAND, but you do need an inside game. If caught on the inside take there heads off with uppercuts. Uppercuts coming from a tall guy such as yourself really screws those little guy (like me up). Keep your hands nice and tight so they can't catch you, and when you get your opportunity shoot a right uppercut, and then left hook.
Move works almost everytime. If they don't block the uppercut there probably going to get caught with both. If they do manage to block the uppercut you reach around the guard with the left hook, and smash em!
Some holding works as well...Much like W Klit. I taught the boy I trained to hold somebody, fire a few shots in the clinch (mainly to distract them), let go suddely, and BLAST THEM with the right uppercut, left hook! He'd do it to me, and even when I knew it was coming it was very hard to stop. Uppercuts freakin hurt!

Hope that helps!
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
LJB
Journeyman

vCash: 75

don't just follow your opponent around, cut the corners off to make him have to stay there, you control the centre of the ring nicely.
LJB is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
CrocodileFace
Journeyman

Primenal- Thank you, Best advice i've received so far. Check back in my next videos. I am definitely going to try that combo/clinch idea.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #12
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileFace View Post
Primenal- Thank you, Best advice i've received so far. Check back in my next videos. I am definitely going to try that combo/clinch idea.
Your welcome. Post how it goes. Only use the inside game IF YOU HAVE TOO though! Your a tall guy...Your fight is on the outside. If somebody is pressuring you, and in the inside, and you can't keep them away with jab/ movement then bust them up with the uppercut. Once you land that and a left hook then see how much respect they'll show you the rest of the fight
Primenal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing