Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #76
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post
I have been busy trolling football threads.

You never spoke a truer word in all your life, lad !



Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post
Now it is back to serious boxing discussion.
'Bout time.

Got any equations that could 'prove' that Kessler has this one in the bag ?

They could save a lot of time and money if the proof was sufficiently rigorous.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #77
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The fifth option
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 2000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
You reference the Lacy fight, but not the fact that Calzaghe barely beat a Hopkins 10 years past his prime?
Remind us all where Hopkins currently sits on the p4p rankings please. And where was he prior to the Calzaghe fight?

Remind us all who was stepping up in weight.

Remind us all who was grabbing his nuts for a breather.

Remind us all who got beat by a white boy.
LiamE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #78
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Good, we need to counter all the wannabe Hitlers like yourself that are infesting this board, And for the record. I wasn't calling you racist. I was repeating a line from a Jay-Z song. I thought it was ironic consdering what you wrote.
I'm sure black people in america today cannot call anyone a racist.
Blacks in america are by far the most hateful and racially obsurd people in this planet. Dirrell in england was the most recent case. They don't have the race quarrells in europe like we do here. Why? because they don't have a whole "chip on their shoulder" ethnic group of people like black people in america.
christo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #79
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE View Post
Remind us all where Hopkins currently sits on the p4p rankings please. And where was he prior to the Calzaghe fight?

Remind us all who was stepping up in weight.

Remind us all who was grabbing his nuts for a breather.

Remind us all who got beat by a white boy.
christo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #80
Weber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 325
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
You reference the Lacy fight, but not the fact that Calzaghe barely beat a Hopkins 10 years past his prime?
You're aware that Hopkins utterly destroyed american hypejob Kelly Pavlik only a couple of months after losing to JC, right?
Weber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #81
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cymru
Posts: 14,467
vCash: 172
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
You reference the Lacy fight, but not the fact that Calzaghe barely beat a Hopkins 10 years past his prime?
Good Lord what a terrible post.

Tell me what Hopkins did before and after he fought Calzaghe?

Retard.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #82
Spunik
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 984
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
I'm sure black people in america today cannot call anyone a racist.
Blacks in america are by far the most hateful and racially obsurd people in this planet. Dirrell in england was the most recent case. They don't have the race quarrells in europe like we do here. Why? because they don't have a whole "chip on their shoulder" ethnic group of people like black people in america.
And Dirrell being in England proves your point because Dirrell got a bogus decision in Merry Ole England????

You should try painting with that broad brush....but you'd probably get charged with a hate crime
Spunik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #83
denilo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 158
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
1,2, and 12 for sure, and maybe 1 more in b/n. Which means he did as good as hopkins on non-bias fans and writers cards. Kessler and calz just put on a better fght.
Rand all you nned to know is this. There last fights. a rusty kessler stopped a world ranked guy in 4, and despite what fight you thought you saw, won every round until then. Ward, stops a guy in 3 who got knocked out in 1 by clubfighting middleweight duddy. Also, ward was hit flush several times. If pudwill didn't have a 20% ko ratio against north dakota's finest then ward might've tasted canvas. Miranda was already hitting ward
in the 1st round, and ward never had the weak chinned edison in trouble once. If you still think ward is gonna win this fight then you must know something about the selection of the judges and the outcome already, and have money on it. HMMMMMMMMMMMM???

I suggest that you watch round four! You would have to a be pound for pound quality poster, like the threadstarter, to take that one away from Kessler. By the way you should probably, in all fairness give Kessler either 1 or 2, as these rounds were very equal. I still had Slappy winning eight rounds though. Calzaghe won, but you are pretty useless (or a troll like creature) as an analyst if you fail to see that the bout was very competitive and a pure class act in a technical sense.
denilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #84
Tuavale
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 852
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Ward in a heap of trouble in this one.
Tuavale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #85
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Skeetown
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE View Post
Remind us all where Hopkins currently sits on the p4p rankings please. And where was he prior to the Calzaghe fight?

Remind us all who was stepping up in weight.

Remind us all who was grabbing his nuts for a breather.

Remind us all who got beat by a white boy.
Thanks for confirming what a big dope you are. Nobody expected Nard to be competitive. Infact many were criticizing Calslap for fighting Nard instead of Dawson

Isntead Nard put Slap on his ass, and landed the much harder punches throughout the fight. the only thing that saved Calzaghe was his workrate. Because in reality he barely hit Hopkins, except on his nuts twice.

As for Europeans in boxing. The vast majority above 160 are paper champs, who get ranked for whatever silly reason. Didnt two German journeymen just fight for a belt awhile ago. Hell just look at the names and their resumes and you'd see 90% arent legit champions.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #86
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Skeetown
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denilo View Post
I suggest that you watch round four! You would have to a be pound for pound quality poster, like the threadstarter, to take that one away from Kessler. By the way you should probably, in all fairness give Kessler either 1 or 2, as these rounds were very equal. I still had Slappy winning eight rounds though. Calzaghe won, but you are pretty useless (or a troll like creature) as an analyst if you fail to see that the bout was very competitive and a pure class act in a technical sense.
Round 4 was a Kessler round, then Slap adjusted and took him to school for the next 8. Kessler won round 1 and round 4. Round 2 and 12 were close, but considering the fact that Calzaghe destroyed Kessler from rounds 5-11 it really doesnt matter. It'd be like calling the Judah Mayweather fight close because Judah won rounds 1,3,4 and won round 12. It wasnt close. And if you saw it as a technical masterclass for anyone other then Slap, you are plainly delusional.

The fight wasnt competitive. A competitive fight would be Nard vs Calzaghe. Nard won about 3-4 rounds plus the knockdown, and each round was close. There were rounds against Kessler where Slap landed double the amount of punches and threw triple more.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #87
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Skeetown
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
I'm sure black people in america today cannot call anyone a racist.
Blacks in america are by far the most hateful and racially obsurd people in this planet. Dirrell in england was the most recent case. They don't have the race quarrells in europe like we do here. Why? because they don't have a whole "chip on their shoulder" ethnic group of people like black people in america.
Stop being a butthurt little bitch.

Go sieg heil somewhere else Adolf

Dirrell was nothing but respectful after the fight. I would have called out the judges, refs, Froch and there mommas. Instead he accepted the loss and vowed to work harder in the gym. Crotch was the one who made an ass of himself
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #88
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The fifth option
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 2000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Rand View Post
Thanks for confirming what a big dope you are. Nobody expected Nard to be competitive. Infact many were criticizing Calslap for fighting Nard instead of Dawson

Isntead Nard put Slap on his ass, and landed the much harder punches throughout the fight. the only thing that saved Calzaghe was his workrate. Because in reality he barely hit Hopkins, except on his nuts twice.

As for Europeans in boxing. The vast majority above 160 are paper champs, who get ranked for whatever silly reason. Didnt two German journeymen just fight for a belt awhile ago. Hell just look at the names and their resumes and you'd see 90% arent legit champions.
You dick.
LiamE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #89
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1908
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

This thread is fun.

Ward does not have the jab to trouble Kessler. Calzaghe's jab was effective because he, first of all, changed tactics from round 5 and because he is so good with his feet and he feints very, very good.

Please do not forget that if it wasnt for Calzaghes freaky chin, he would likely have been TKO'ed in round four.

Calzaghe and Ward are not to be compared.


Kessler is a freak.


China Hand Joe. Very good to have you back. Enjoyed our discussions before JC-MK.
Laudrup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #90
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Skeetown
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
This thread is fun.

Ward does not have the jab to trouble Kessler. Calzaghe's jab was effective because he, first of all, changed tactics from round 5 and because he is so good with his feet and he feints very, very good.

Please do not forget that if it wasnt for Calzaghes freaky chin, he would likely have been TKO'ed in round four.

Calzaghe and Ward are not to be compared.


Kessler is a freak.


China Hand Joe. Very good to have you back. Enjoyed our discussions before JC-MK.

YEah Calzaghe's chins awesome. Thats why he got knocked down by Hopkins and Jones who both hadnt stopped anyone in 5 years.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013