Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #91
nipplefloss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE View Post
Remind us all where Hopkins currently sits on the p4p rankings please. And where was he prior to the Calzaghe fight?

Remind us all who was stepping up in weight.

Remind us all who was grabbing his nuts for a breather.

Remind us all who got beat by a white boy.
So you feel that Bernard is a better fighter in his early 40s than in his early 30s? Just so we are clear, you're saying that the Bernard who fought Calzaghe was anywhere near his prime? No question Bernard is top of the class even now, but he's old as shit, clearly doesn't have the stamina to fight the way he once did, and he still gave Calzaghe all he could handle.

Calzaghe was the best SMW at the time of his retirement, no question, but that was against a relatively weak field. That an old as shit Hopkins is the best anyone could come up with to put against him is a testament to that fact.
nipplefloss is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #92
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1908
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Rand View Post
YEah Calzaghe's chins awesome. Thats why he got knocked down by Hopkins and Jones who both hadnt stopped anyone in 5 years.
How do you rate Calzaghes chin?

Laudrup is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #93
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
How do you rate Calzaghes chin?

Solid. Not Andrade level though.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #94
Stovepipe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Good, we need to counter all the wannabe Hitlers like yourself that are infesting this board, And for the record. I wasn't calling you racist. I was repeating a line from a Jay-Z song. I thought it was ironic consdering what you wrote.
nice
Stovepipe is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #95
gigogreco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE View Post
Remind us all where Hopkins currently sits on the p4p rankings please. And where was he prior to the Calzaghe fight?

Remind us all who was stepping up in weight.

Remind us all who was grabbing his nuts for a breather.

Remind us all who got beat by a white boy.
pleas liam, you forgot to end it with, a slapper who only throws weak shots.

its funnt how they belittle kessler when he fought calzaghe and yet glamourising hopkins defeat, by calling it a win.

if recall correctly wasnt it tha ghetto thug, who bent over and willingly let a white boy dominate him
gigogreco is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #96
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
I'm sure black people in america today cannot call anyone a racist.
Blacks in america are by far the most hateful and racially obsurd people in this planet. Dirrell in england was the most recent case. They don't have the race quarrells in europe like we do here. Why? because they don't have a whole "chip on their shoulder" ethnic group of people like black people in america.

That's a pretty racist comment right there. Aren't you the one that claimed Rand was only picking Ward because he's black?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #97
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
So you feel that Bernard is a better fighter in his early 40s than in his early 30s? Just so we are clear, you're saying that the Bernard who fought Calzaghe was anywhere near his prime? No question Bernard is top of the class even now, but he's old as shit, clearly doesn't have the stamina to fight the way he once did, and he still gave Calzaghe all he could handle.

Calzaghe was the best SMW at the time of his retirement, no question, but that was against a relatively weak field. That an old as shit Hopkins is the best anyone could come up with to put against him is a testament to that fact.
The bernard that fought Joe was CLEARLY still fighting a very high level as demonstrated by the way he destroyed pavlik. Prime? No... but not nearly so far from it as his age would suggest. Do you think Joe at 37 was prime then?

Tell me - where is the shame in getting "all you can handle" from an ATG and top 3 p4p while getting a close win? Whether or not Bernard was as good as he once was is moot. The fact is on fight night Bernard was an elite fighter and has proven that he still is since.
LiamE is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #98
Stovepipe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Stop being a butthurt little bitch.

Go sieg heil somewhere else Adolf

Dirrell was nothing but respectful after the fight. I would have called out the judges, refs, Froch and there mommas. Instead he accepted the loss and vowed to work harder in the gym. Crotch was the one who made an ass of himself
You know when you respond to him like this you make what he is saying all the more true about the chip on the shoulder.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #99
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Solid. Not Andrade level though.
Thank you.

I think its better than solid. To get knocked down and get up again is a very underrated quality when judging a chin.

Remeber - Andrade got knocked down against Mack but got up again. Calzaghes and Andrades chins arent very far from eachother.

How do you rate Wards chin?

Because - you must know - he IS going to get hit solid against Kessler. Everybody Kessler has faced has been hit solid.
Laudrup is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #100
Stovepipe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Both Perdomo and Calzaghe had no problem touching Kessler. He has virtually no upper body movement. He also telegraphs his punches, which makes it easier to dodge his 1-2 combination even though Kessler has good speed. You can see he does a little wiggle when he's about to throw. Once Calzaghe broke Kessler down with the jab, it was pretty much an ass whipping.

Perdomo was also having some success getting through Kesslers defense and dodging his shots, he's just a journeymen from Venezuela so the first time he got hit he was out.

If Ward maintains discipline and breaks up Kesslers rhthym with his jab, he should win this fight easy.
well I can understand why you put that big if in your post to cover yourself in the event Ward loses. However we can't give you any credit if Ward wins either because your post is tentative and makes no true stand. I dropped a grand on Kessler to win 500 because I have the courage of my convictions. Reading the thread and other things you wrote about Froch being a C fighter and Kessler's resume being vastly inferior to Dawson and that bit about how if Kess got disturbed by Zag's allegedly soft jab he is in real trouble, as well as your decription of the events of Zag / Hopkins and your belittling of euros above 160 and thinking Ward and Kessler's resumes are very close, I don't think you are grounded in reality, but rather, rooting for Ward and working backwards from that, and trying to make the facts fit your choice, and with that kind of mentality, its best you stick to posting ambiguous predictions and not actually betting.

In short: Ethnically Uniformed Cheerleaders don't make good, impartial Boxing Analysts

And I say that knowing full well that Ward may win the fight, but it wouldn't be based upon misinterpreting so many things in recent boxing history.....and you haven't really picked him anyways.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #101
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
well I can understand why you put that big if in your post to cover yourself in the event Ward loses. However we can't give you any credit if Ward wins either because your post is tentative and makes no true stand. I dropped a grand on Kessler to win 500 because I have the courage of my convictions. Reading the thread and other things you wrote about Froch being a C fighter and Kessler's resume being vastly inferior to Dawson and that bit about how if Kess got disturbed by Zag's allegedly soft jab he is in real trouble, as well as your decription of the events of Zag / Hopkins and your belittling of euros above 160 and thinking Ward and Kessler's resumes are very close, I don't think you are grounded in reality, but rather, rooting for Ward and working backwards from that, and trying to make the facts fit your choice, and with that kind of mentality, its best you stick to posting ambiguous predictions and not actually betting.

In short: Ethnically Uniformed Cheerleaders don't make good, impartial Boxing Analysts

And I say that knowing full well that Ward may win the fight, but it wouldn't be based upon misinterpreting so many things in recent boxing history.....and you haven't really picked him anyways.

That could be post of the month. Damn!
Laudrup is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #102
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

Quote:
Both Perdomo and Calzaghe had no problem touching Kessler. He has virtually no upper body movement. He also telegraphs his punches, which makes it easier to dodge his 1-2 combination even though Kessler has good speed. You can see he does a little wiggle when he's about to throw. Once Calzaghe broke Kessler down with the jab, it was pretty much an ass whipping.

Perdomo was also having some success getting through Kesslers defense and dodging his shots, he's just a journeymen from Venezuela so the first time he got hit he was out.

If Ward maintains discipline and breaks up Kesslers rhthym with his jab, he should win this fight easy.
If Ward uses his feet, this is an "easy" fight for him.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #103
Maden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post

Because - you must know - he IS going to get hit solid against Kessler. Everybody Kessler has faced has been hit solid.
Mundine was not really hit that solid. But I agree that if you fight to win against Kessler you will have to take some solid shots in the proces.
Maden is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #104
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maden View Post
Mundine was not really hit that solid. But I agree that if you fight to win against Kessler you will have to take some solid shots in the proces.
You are right. Mundine is the exception.
Laudrup is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #105
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post

Its much quicker just to call him a dick. He is basically just a europhobic racist trying to justify his stance.
LiamE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum