Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #1681
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
I would never have round 12 be a 10-8 round... I notice you always award 10-8 rounds unfairly
Ergh I was way too tired, I see your point now.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 03:57 AM   #1682
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3890

Jose Luis Ramirez vs Alexis Arguello .
rds 1-5 even with Arguello more of d aggressor and Ramirez having d better of landed punches , rd 6 is a 10-8 4 Ramirez , rd 9 i could excuse 4 Arguello and rd 10 even again , all in all 99-98 in favor of Ramirez , d least he could b given 4 this fight . If anything , he had more case winning a few of d early rds , thus increasing d gap 4 his favor .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #1683
The Wanderer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Devon Alexander UD10 Marcos Maidana

Fascinating fight for being so one-sided, mainly due to Alexander who is at a real crossroads now. This is his best performance for year, and if Maidana is to keep his journeyman status at 147, Alexander just thrashed the gatekeeper. Still, there a questions, his temperament, 12 round stamina at 147 (looks good though) and can he maintain that fluidity against someone who wants to hit him back more? What can he do if they deprive him of his beloved clinching? Can he sort out that jab?

ALEXANDER: 1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
MAIDANA: 2,3
Alexander did look good through much of that fight, especially about round 5 on. I wonder if that bout has permanently put Maidana in the role of gatekeeper, because aside from maybe Berto I can't envision him doing well against the big names at Welter or Jr. Middle. (And the only reason I throw Berto's name out there is because Berto is so flatfooted and much less defensively savvy on the inside. Iif anything Berto would have more of a handspeed advantage than Alexander and better power also.)

Alexander did show one or two of his old flaws, (mainly being tight and stiff early) but in terms of punch output, variety, defense, using counterpunching, stamina and his defensive skills, it looked like a big improvement from his last few fights.
The Wanderer is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #1684
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I thought Maidana was basically a gatekeeper at 140 tbh. That belt he's wandering around with is WBA, to whit, joke.

Alexander's jab is horrible, but other than that I thought he looked great.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #1685
The Wanderer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 396

Quote:
I thought Maidana was basically a gatekeeper at 140 tbh. That belt he's wandering around with is WBA, to whit, joke.
Good point about the belt.

The difference as I see it is that before now is Maidana managed to beat enough prospects or throw enough of a scare into highly rated fighters that you could at least make the argument for him as being crude, awkward and dangerous.

Since the Morales fight I think people have been realizing that he's only dangerous if you're crazy enough to try to meet him head on in a slugfest or if you neglect your defense. With Alexander having just shown how effective simple clinching is against him on the inside and how a little head movement and counter punching can cut him down to size, people are going to see that Maidana, no matter how hard he hits, isn't very dangerous to a top level talent if you just use your brain.

By the way McGrain, do you see him beating any major name at Welter? Maybe he can snag another WBA belt but aside from Berto and Ortiz (if Ortiz didn't learn anything from their previous encounter) I have a hard time picturing him beating anyone of note.

Quote:
Alexander's jab is horrible, but other than that I thought he looked great.
Yeah, he still flicks the jab and pulls it up short. Do you think there'll be any work there, or is that something that's going to be hard to iron out of Devon's style?

Last edited by The Wanderer; 02-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Wanderer is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #1686
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Alexander needs to stop moaning like a female tennis player before/when he throws. Someone's gonna' time that shit soon.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #1687
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
By the way McGrain, do you see him beating any major name at Welter? Maybe he can snag another WBA belt but aside from Berto and Ortiz (if Ortiz didn't learn anything from their previous encounter) I have a hard time picturing him beating anyone of note.
Yeah, I think they both could do so, I think they are interesting additions to the division anyway.

Quote:
Yeah, he still flicks the jab and pulls it up short. Do you think there'll be any work there, or is that something that's going to be hard to iron out of Devon's style?
I hope they work on it. It's a disaster if they don't. People just walk up to him and hit him when he's tired
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #1688
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Alexander Povetkin MD12 Marco Huck

The thinking is that Huck got trolled here and I reckon maybe so. Weird tension in this fight in spite of the fact that it isn't very good and Huck's rambling offence is qauite fun. Remember all that seeming bullshit Atlas talked about Povetkin "not having an identity yet"? True, isn't it?

Marco Huck: 1,4,5,7,8,10,11,12
Alexander Povetkin:2,3,6,9

HUCK 8-4.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1689
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Chan-Hee Park vs Miguel Canto

Round 1 – 10-9 park
Round 2 – 10-9 park
Round 3- 10-9 park..at this point probably Canto is thinking “This pendejo really can fight !!” This round is close though
Round 4- 10-9 Canto
Round 5- 10-9 park
Round 6- 10-9 park
Round 7- 10-9 park
Round 8 – 10-9 park
Round 9 – 10-9 park – close
Round 10-10-9 park….love the way he puts this uppercut.
Round 11- 10-9 park – close…nice uppercut by canto
Round 12 – 10-9 park
Round 13- 10-9 park

Park is very tired now....
Round 14- 10-9 canto – close
Round 15- 10-9 canto

Park 12-3 IMO

Canto had his moments..but this korean is really good !

Park not bothered by Canto´s jabs with his very good upper body movement he makes Canto miss a lot.....good positioning too.....always ready to land.....his attack seems sometimes a bit awkward, but damn he is effective....
Park cutting off the ring well, I really like Park´s jab as well….great counter-punches during the fight.....
This is a Great performance ! He was tired in the later rounds, but before that he really dominated, he did very very well against an amazing boxer like Canto.....

Anyone else watched it ?

Chan-Hee Park.....a interesting fighter to know.....

Last edited by Vic-JofreBRASIL; 02-29-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #1690
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Alexander Povetkin MD12 Marco Huck

The thinking is that Huck got trolled here and I reckon maybe so. Weird tension in this fight in spite of the fact that it isn't very good and Huck's rambling offence is qauite fun. Remember all that seeming bullshit Atlas talked about Povetkin "not having an identity yet"? True, isn't it?

Marco Huck: 1,4,5,7,8,10,11,12
Alexander Povetkin:2,3,6,9

HUCK 8-4.
XPERT-scorecard i agree m8.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #1691
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Chan-Hee Park vs Miguel Canto

Round 1 – 10-9 park
Round 2 – 10-9 park
Round 3- 10-9 park..at this point probably Canto is thinking “This pendejo really can fight !!” This round is close though
Round 4- 10-9 Canto
Round 5- 10-9 park
Round 6- 10-9 park
Round 7- 10-9 park
Round 8 – 10-9 park
Round 9 – 10-9 park – close
Round 10-10-9 park….love the way he puts this uppercut.
Round 11- 10-9 park – close…nice uppercut by canto
Round 12 – 10-9 park
Round 13- 10-9 park

Park is very tired now....
Round 14- 10-9 canto – close
Round 15- 10-9 canto

Park 12-3 IMO

Canto had his moments..but this korean is really good !

Park not bothered by Canto´s jabs with his very good upper body movement he makes Canto miss a lot.....good positioning too.....always ready to land.....his attack seems sometimes a bit awkward, but damn he is effective....
Park cutting off the ring well, I really like Park´s jab as well….great counter-punches during the fight.....
This is a Great performance ! He was tired in the later rounds, but before that he really dominated, he did very very well against an amazing boxer like Canto.....

Anyone else watched it ?

Chan-Hee Park.....a interesting fighter to know.....
Park was a super talented fighter. Kind of like a 10 round (instead of 6 round) Zab Judah - as far as mental strength and talent goes, anyway. He did choke away some fights in his career he should never have lost, but still had a very good career all things considered.

Canto of course was not near his best here - his timing was non-existent. A Park type fighter would always cause problems for Miguel Canto though with his speed and combinations. But it would have been interesting to see if a prime Canto could have at least stayed close enough to Park to cause Park to melt down.

Apparently their rematch was much closer, so I'd be inclined to think that prime Canto could indeed turn the tide.

Last edited by sweet_scientist; 02-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1692
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Park was a super talented fighter. Kind of like a 10 round (instead of 6 round) Zab Judah - as far as mental strength and talent goes, anyway. He did choke away some fights in his career he should never have lost, but still had a very good career all things considered.

Canto of course was not near his best here - his timing was non-existent. A Park type fighter would always cause problems for Miguel Canto though with his speed and combinations. But it would have been interesting to see if a prime Canto could have at least stayed close enough to Park to cause Park to meltdown.

Apparently their rematch was much closer, so I'd be inclined to think that prime Canto could indeed turn the tide.
Yeah...Canto´s speed was still good enough IMO, but his timing was not there anymore like you said, agreed......
There is more Park fights on youtube.....will watch more tomorrow.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #1693
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3890

Since i read shit about Holmes beating McCall here we go (not b4 i watched Lewis vs Akinwande) :
McCall : rds 1,5,9 (rd 9 is a 10-8 due 2 only d ropes holding holmes upright , snapping holmes' head wildly while on d ropes , cutting and busting his face) , 10 , 11
Holmes : rds 2,6,7
d rest were even , so d fight is scored 117:114 in favor of McCall , there is a case 4 mccall winning yet more rds due 2 holmes holding d ropes and being punished and outworked while on them , plus , according d UWFi rules touching d ropes costs 1 a pt but i was as generous as i could excluding a robbery and scored it this way .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #1694
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Haven't seen the rematch but I think I had it 12-3 as well Vic. Brilliant performance from Park, who didn't turn up in the first Oguma fight and was promptly executed for his lack of drive.

I still havent seen the Canto-Park rematch
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #1695
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Park was phenomenal in that fight, genuinly the greatest Flyweight performance ever IMO
GPater11093 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum