Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #1801
PrinceVega
帝拳ボクシングジム
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Eubank vs Watson 2

This one at my archive for a long time. But just watch it. Up to the 11th round Watson beat the shit out of Eubank. Was strange that seein Eubank like this. Round 11 was phenomenal. Truly back and forth action. Ending of the fight, collapse and surgery of Watson = whoaa.
PrinceVega is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #1802
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Duran vs De Jesus3

Such a great performance by Duran. He really showed a full box of tricks this night and, imo, looked even better than he did against sugar ray in his next title fight.

Patient boxing on the outside with great timing and head movement, getting in the pokcet with accurate combos but never rushing things or leaving himself open. countering off the ropes brilliantyl at times.

Great right hand to drop de jesus in the last round and a brutal combination to finish him off.

Full box of tricks here. One of the best filmed performances there is imo.

De Jesus is interesting. He beat Duran at LWW but was a top class Lw for a long time. reminds me a bit of Ronaldo and Messi today. You can imagine in any other era he'd have found himself at the top, but against Roberto he had no chance really (aside from the lazy display roberto put on at 138 pounds that is).

I used to think their first fight was at 137 and was essentially a LW fight but it was closer to the LWW limit and the two times they did fight at LW Roberto stopped him so it's fair to consider roberto the best lw in the world throughout this period.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #1803
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

In Chul Baek KO9 Fred Hutchings

Baek:3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Hutchings:1,2

Fred was an odd fighter, at least in this fight, jabbing relentlessly throughout yet for the most part he was completely ineffective, especially as he jabbed only when retreating and backing away, which incidentally he did for most of the contest. The few times he came forward his jab was nonexistant, and he got hit more than he landed for his troubles. After a slow start by Baek he started coming on and landing more regularly, being the ring general as of the 3rd round and he didn`t let up the pressure until the finish in the 9th.

Baek really took over the fight though about midway thru the 5th, when he staggered Hutching with a solid right hand while exchanging punches. In the 6th both men exchanged more punches freely for the last minute of the round which is all I have as my copy is missing the first two minutes sadly, but again Hutch got nailed by a couple of good rights in this round but to his credit he landed some solid punches of his own towards the end of the round on a gassed Baek.

Rounds 7 to 9 saw Hutch getting hit with more and more right hands and getting the worst of almost every exchange, culminating with his getting clocked by a left hook on the chin in the middle of one in round 9 sending him careening into the ropes with the Korean in hot pursuit. Baek landed several flush punches upstairs before missing wildly with a right hand on an already falling Hutch thus falling into ropes on top of his opponent.

Hutch got up at 8 and Baek then swarmed all over him, landed several more solid punches and finally knocked him down and out for the count with two right hands square on the chin, Hutch went down into the corner rope like hed been shot. Was an entertaining if somewhat one-sided contest, although Hutchings tried his best his fightplan was poor if you ask me, he coulda done better in this fight with the physical tools he had at his disposal and a different strategy.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #1804
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

In Chul Baek KO11 Fulgencio Obelmeijas

Baek:2,3,4,7,8(10-eight, KD),9,11
Obel:1,5,10
Even:6

This was another entertaining fight involving the hard hitting Korean Baek. Obel got off to a good start but then Baek got into his groove as early as the 2nd, outlanding Obel and steadily applying the pressure and landing more punches froum rounds 2 to 4. Then in round 5 Obel took command for the first and only time of the fight as it would turn out landing several hard punches especially to the midsection throughout the round on Baek, who fought back hard to end the round however.

Then came round 6 which was one of those rounds that neither man deserved to lose, you can`t have a loser in such a entertaining back and forth type of round as this one turned out to be. Both men almost from the beginning of the round until the very end went toe to toe, landing several cracking blows on one another without letup in a great action filled round. When it ended I could not declare either man a loser in a round such as that one hence me scoring it evenly.

In the 7th it seemed to me that Obel had punched himself out a bit due to the high volume of punches he threw in the previous round, and the Korean landed the more telling blows in the round to win it. Round 8 saw Obel get dropped heavily by a short left hook midway thru, getting up at the count of 8 Baek pounced on him and threw a barrage of punches on Obel in an attempt to finish him off but the Venezuelan managed to hold on until the end of the round.

Round 9 saw Beak land the better punches and outland Obel significantly winning him the round, but then in round 10 he decided to take a breather and Obel took advantage by opening up on Baek and landing several good punches in this round, especially to the body. However in the last 10-15 seconds Baek staggered Obel with a big left hook and had him in serious trouble to end the round.

Round 11 saw Baek capitalize on the fact that Obel had not fully recovered from the punches he absorbed to end the 10th, and so he started attacking Obel right from the opening bell and soon had him on the deck for another 8 count after staggering him with some short left uppercuts on the inside. After getting up Baek pounced on him immediately and landed a smashing left hook to Obels midsection doubling him over.

He followed that up with a short left uppercit to bring obels head back up, the landed a chopping right followed by a devastating left hook that had Obel seeing tweety birds and his legs give out under him, and at that moment before he fell straight down Baek stepped forward and landed a cracking right hand smack on Obels jaw sending him crashing backwards instead into the canvas, was a devastating KO to say the least and Obel was out before he hit the mat, great finish to an entertaining and competitive fight.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #1805
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Have you seen Baek's fight with Ronnie Essett, B(_)LL?
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #1806
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Have you seen Baek's fight with Ronnie Essett, B(_)LL?
Nah, haven`t gotten around to it yet, when I do I`ll post up my card and thoughts on the fight in this thread.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #1807
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Vinnie Curto L15 Chong Pal Park I

Curto:1,2,3,6
Park:4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15

Park took a few rounds to get going in this fight, but once he did it was his fight all the way. Park oulanded Curto significantly throughout the fight, landing hard, thudding punches to both head and body on Curto who had no answers and who to me looked somewhat flat in this fight.

Although perhaps his performance can be explained by the fact that his annoying cunt of a wife, or at least I presume it was his wife, kept ****ing screaming and trying to cheer Vinnie on for every second of every round from the 1st round on to the very last.

I swear someone ought to have smacked this bitch in her ****ing piehole something fierce, I mean she would not or cimply could not shut the **** up, and if I was that annoyed listening to her watching the fight on TV, I can only imagine how annoyed Curto was listening to his broad yap away for the duration of the fight.

Anyway, Park won this fight handily, and even had Curto in serious trouble in the 11th round when for a good minute or so he had Curto pinned against the ropes and was wailing away with powerpunch after powerpunch to both the head and body of Curto. I was quite impressed by Curto`s resilience and toughness in surviving that barrage as he got nailed repeatadly with some heavy leather by the hard hitting Korean, gutsy and durable guy Vinnie was.

Vinnie Curto LKO15 Chong Pal Park II

Curto:1,2,9,10,11
Park:3 (10-eight KD),5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15
Even:4

This fight saw Curto give a much more spirited performance than in their first meeting, and it made for a more entertaining and competitive fight. Curto outboxed and outlanded Park in the first two rounds, and he was doing well in the 3rd too before getting nailed with a left hook right hand combination that sent him to the deck and had him seeing cobwebs.

The beginning of the 3rd round saw some buxom blonde step into the ring and strut around butt naked briefly around the ring before being excorted out, the crowd was going wild and Park looked bemused in his corner lol while Vinnie looked pissed and seemed like he wanted the bitch out of the ring to continue the fight, was a most interesting start to a round I can recall haha.

Anyway the fight swung to the Koreans favour from rounds 5 thru 8 to more effective punching and outlanding Curto, but then from rounds 9 to 11 Curto gained a second wind and outlanded and outfought the Korean stunning him a couple of times with sharp counters in those rounds.

However Curto seemed to tire from the 12th round onwards and was getting beaten to the punch and outlanded by Park from rounds 12 to 14. In the last round Curto came out fighting on all cylinders as he knew he was behind, and as a result of him opening himself up like that he got caught by big punch, cant remember if it was a left hook or right hand, anyway he got nailed and Park followed it up with several more punches before Curto went down.

Curto tried to beat the count and it looked as if we was going to, but then his legs betrayed him and he could not beat the count in time to resume the fight, although he was in no condition to survive the round even if he had made it up on time. All in all this was a much more competitive fight than their first bout, Curto gave it all he had but his short T-Rex arms compared to Parks long reach and his total absence of punching power was his downfall.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #1808
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

Good fights those.I remember the American commentary being hugely biased on the copies i have.

I've always liked Park as a fighter.He's not all that different to Chan-Hee Park when he's at his best.He could have been really formidable with a better chin and the resulting confidence\workrate boost that would have given him.
lora is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #1809
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Are we saying Baek had an iron chin?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1810
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

James Kirland WDQ10 Carlos Molina

Horrible ending, I dunno the rules in depth but you'd have to guess that the letter of the law speaks to protect the ref. For anyone who didn't see it, Kirkland flashed Molina in the final seconds of the tenth and gave Molina, who was up at three, the standing eight. Molina's corner, who hadn't heard the bell, or didn't understand that the count would carry on post-bell, climbed into the ring. The ref DQ'd Molina because his cornerman entered the ring whilst the round was technically ongoing.

It's tragic, because Molina had out-boxed Kirkland as completely as anyone ever outboxed an opponent. I had him 9-1 up, and including the point for the KD had it 98-91 going into the 11th. However, I think Molina was legitimately hurt, and it was the fans who were really robbed, of the dramatic conclusion.

Incredible but one judge had Molina ahead at the time of the stoppage. That shit is retarded.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #1811
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

So it was actually a 12 rounder then? All reports going in said ten, I missed the beginning and assumed Sky had it wrong.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #1812
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Yeah it was a 12 round fight.

Roman Gonzalez KO1 Manuel Jiminez

Another nothing defence for a potentially great fighter. Gonzalez does appear to have come on a little bit maybe, his left hand looks a bit more cultured perhaps, though it's hard to tell. Bound to be stagnating really.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #1813
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Mahyar Monshipour KO6 Shigeru Nakazato

I owe Vic-Jofre a big "thank you" for including this fight in his Monshipour appreciation thread. Anyway, this is Monshipour's second defence of his WBA 122lb strap, against a fighter who is well aware that this is his last chance to win a world title (he'd previously lost twice to the redoubtable Oscar Larios).

Anyway, Monshipour is the same as always, plugging forward and winging shots as often and as hard as he can. But from the opening bell, Nakazato seems determined meet him in the trenches and match him punch for punch. Monshipour actually seems a bit taken aback, and the Japanese fighter takes the first stanza as a result. But Monshipour manages to compose himself and gradually grinds his foe down as a result of being the harder and better puncher of the two. Nakazato still hangs in there, though, and even manages to cut Little Tyson. Of course, that only serves to make Mahyar that much more dangerous, and he absolutely shit kicks Shigeru in the fourth, leaving him on spaghetti legs at the final bell.

Incredibly, Nakazato continues to trade in the fifth round, and actually does a bit better in this round than he did in the fourth. But as it turns out, he's only delaying the inevitable, because Monshi..pours it on in the sixth, and finally manages to land a right that sends Shigeru down to his knees and into retirement.

But at the very least, Nakazato provides us with a pretty stirring charge, directly into the line of fire. It's the type of fight that uses the 1812 Overture as a soundtrack, and if you get a chance to watch it, I'm sure you'll agree.

Score:

Nakazato Round 1
Monshipour Rounds 2,3,4 *very close to 10-8* and 5.
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #1814
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Hey Drew

Like Drew said, if you get a chance to watch it, please do !!
Itīs great :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpqxmgPAr_Q[/ame]
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #1815
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Round 1 - good sense of positioning by McGowan, but I liked Burruni in that round and his few surprise attacks were nice, a very good one with that left….
10-9 Burruni

Round 2 - Burruni with wide open punches as usual, McGowan better in the long distance in this round, controlling the movements of the Italian quite well…..
10-9 McGowan

Round 3 - good jabs by McGowan, burruni apparently trying to counter-punch now.
Close round, 10-9 McGowan

Round 4-Burruni awkward like always, I donīt know what you guys think, but seems to me that McGowan uses too much movements and this is making his attacks less efficient here. Just a thought, anyway 10-9 McGowan again.....

Round 5- wow, good right by burruni .....
nice lead right by McGowan later
mcgowan fighting very cautiously, and donīt want to spend even a second in the close range, pushing away Burruni from there….
Very close round……10-9 burruni IMO

Round 6 - if McGowan was a better counter-puncher perhaps would have caught Burruni clean more often....close round as far as I saw, I give it to Burruni 10-9 ... that's tough to say...

Round 7 - again, McGowan tries to make Burruni respect the distance with his good jabs.
burruni counter-punching well though...close round, 10-9 McGowan IMO.

Round 8-I thought it was a knockdown...:
heīs attacking more in that round, some good lefts..... 10-9 McGowan, this one was clear....

Round 9-good to see McGowan going forward and landind many punches, 10-9 McGowan

Round 10 - 10-9 McGowan, like in the 9th round

Round 11-McGowan now seems more focused than before on counter-punching, and did it well. great round by Mc 10-9

Round 12 - 10-9 McGowan, good round again

Round 13 - 10-9McGowan, clear enough

Round 14 -10-9 McGowan, easy.....

Round 15 - 10-9 McGowan......now Iīm impressed !

Well, very good performance, especially after round 7......I liked McGowan, I had only seen small clips of him before.......very good boxer, a very good performance, thanks to McGrain, I watched the video on his channel.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum