Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #1861
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

You know what I just said that to Vano on twitter after he commended for a rant. And no I haven't, but I've cut down, quite smoking cigarettes and I guess I'be mellowed a bit since the bout of tonsillitis, which in my deletiois feverish state I ridiculously thought was life threatening

I dunno', maybe I'm just not as big on boxing at the mo'. But I'm pissed off with MMA today so the tides will change for a week or two I think
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #1862
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

And trust me, you'd remember Saad-Kates if you'd seen it!

Watch as much Saad as you can, come back and thank me. Watch him lay waste to Mwale with possibly the greatest uppercut of all time.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #1863
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

I can't get into mma. I watched 1 fight and that was lesnar v velasquez I think. The different organisations confuse me

I'm not as big on boxing myself because i've rediscovered my love for football lately. I just have a lot of free time now and finding fights on youtube is ridiculously easy.

I'll look out for it!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #1864
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

It's way less confusing to the uninitiated than boxing is nowadays!

UFC: all you need to care about
Strikeforce: Owned by UFC. B-league on life support.
Bellator: For the hardcore only. Top class prospects and some genuinely World class fighters that could slot into the top 6-10 of some of the UFCs divisions.

Everything else, only for the hardcore.

For me, it's like football, just another sport I watch rather than a replacement, and Saints are having a good season so I've been back on footy myself as of late
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1865
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Just watch Galindez v Kates 1.

This is one of the performances that really impressed me. I've seen loads of great performances lately expecting them to be great but after seeing the first 3 rounds of this I was expecting to see a battle of attrition due to physical attributes (kinda like margo v cotto).

The first 3 rounds Victor plays the part of slow starter and Kates happily throws his jab at him for 8 and a half minutes. Galindez is decent defensively here but basically throws away the rounds aside from a few hefty body shots. Then Kates headbutts Galindez and he really awakened the beast.

Galindez was so multi faceted in his attack that I was amazed how effective he was. He began by physically overwhelming Kates and forcing his respect by shoving him against the ropes and pounding away, it weren't pretty but it did his job. He then focused on counter attacks timing Kates beautifully and landing hard shots.

By this point Kates must have been frustrated because he didn't really adapt and just kept behind his jab hoping for the same success.

Galindez then really takes the piss by outjabbing Kates for a couple of rounds on the outside.

The last 2 rounds see Galindez walking Kates onto some beautifully timed shots, but Kates is probably outworking him.

The finish was a glorious 1 punch knockout.

I'm not saying it's the best performance I've seen lately, but the way Galindez adapted from the early rounds really impressed me.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and giving him unwarranted ring IQ points, I dunno. But I think any LHW is gonna have the fight of their life against that version of Galindez. Great adapting, great strength, great punch variety and nice defensive moves also.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1866
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
It's way less confusing to the uninitiated than boxing is nowadays!

UFC: all you need to care about
Strikeforce: Owned by UFC. B-league on life support.
Bellator: For the hardcore only. Top class prospects and some genuinely World class fighters that could slot into the top 6-10 of some of the UFCs divisions.

Everything else, only for the hardcore.

For me, it's like football, just another sport I watch rather than a replacement, and Saints are having a good season so I've been back on footy myself as of late
Is that simple that you can just call ufc guys the best?

I'm a leeds fan (hence my username; i'm not actually crazy for love, it's a mixture of lufc and crazy)

I've always supported them but I wasn't watching any other football, but recently i've been back on motd and champions league etc.

We've kinda hijacked the thread here
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #1867
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Is that simple that you can just call ufc guys the best?

I'm a leeds fan (hence my username; i'm not actually crazy for love, it's a mixture of lufc and crazy)

I've always supported them but I wasn't watching any other football, but recently i've been back on motd and champions league etc.

We've kinda hijacked the thread here
Yep.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #1868
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I can't get into mma.
Watching some Fedor fights might help you
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #1869
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
And tank is often used for Khaosai and again it's perfectly apt IMO. Bus Station would've mullered him.
Bus vs Tank!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #1870
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yep.
Cormier and Barnett are going to show who's da best!

Meanwhile Overeem failed the drug test.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #1871
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1583 View Post
Cormier and Barnett are going to show who's da best!

Meanwhile Overeem failed the drug test.
I know, so disappointed....at least no one will take 'roids in the Barnett-Cormier fight, oh, shit
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #1872
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Gavilan v Davey

This might actually be Gavilan's only domination over a top contender. His fights always seem to be nip and tuck because of his style but he really gave a clinic here. It would help if Davey had any power or any defence but Gavilan looked as good as he could against a limited opponent.

I don't feel overly satisfied though, I was hoping to see him perform at a higher level in a none "either way" type fight.

Ali dominated Terrell in a great performance but he also showed dominance over Liston (watched that today as well, struggle to give Liston more than a couple of rounds).

Duran dominated dejesus in a great performance but he also showed dominance over Leonard (yes dominance, Leonard took no more than 5 rounds maximum and at times Duran looked a class above).

So I've seen Gavilan dominate Davey in a great performnace, surely he has a performance where he showed dominance over a top level opponent like Bratton, Graham or Basilio?

Anyone give me any pointers here as to a great Gavilan showing against a top opponent? Or are they all nip and tuck afairs where Gavilan's clean punching gives him ane dge?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #1873
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Gavilan v Davey

This might actually be Gavilan's only domination over a top contender. His fights always seem to be nip and tuck because of his style but he really gave a clinic here. It would help if Davey had any power or any defence but Gavilan looked as good as he could against a limited opponent.

I don't feel overly satisfied though, I was hoping to see him perform at a higher level in a none "either way" type fight.

Ali dominated Terrell in a great performance but he also showed dominance over Liston (watched that today as well, struggle to give Liston more than a couple of rounds).

Duran dominated dejesus in a great performance but he also showed dominance over Leonard (yes dominance, Leonard took no more than 5 rounds maximum and at times Duran looked a class above).

So I've seen Gavilan dominate Davey in a great performnace, surely he has a performance where he showed dominance over a top level opponent like Bratton, Graham or Basilio?

Anyone give me any pointers here as to a great Gavilan showing against a top opponent? Or are they all nip and tuck afairs where Gavilan's clean punching gives him ane dge?
Watch the Bratton fights, he kicks Johnny's ass all three times - never mind the official's cards in the second - they are a joke.

He also clearly outboxes Ralph Tiger Jones, though Jones seems kind of clueless on how to handle the Kid's style.

If you want to see a good either way savage war before Kid promptly ends proceedings, check out the Gil Turner fight.

Gil was a very, very good fighter who was cutting a swathe through the welterweight division before running into Gavilan.

Turner-Gavilan is one of the most brutal fights you'll see between high level fighters.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #1874
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Watch the Bratton fights, he kicks Johnny's ass all three times - never mind the official's cards in the second - they are a joke.

He also clearly outboxes Ralph Tiger Jones, though Jones seems kind of clueless on how to handle the Kid's style.

If you want to see a good either way savage war before Kid promptly ends proceedings, check out the Gil Turner fight.

Gil was a very, very good fighter who was cutting a swathe through the welterweight division before running into Gavilan.

Turner-Gavilan is one of the most brutal fights you'll see between high level fighters.
Thank you! I was hoping for your response on the matter as you're quite similar to me in holding yourself to a higher authority than the judges.

I'll watch the trilogy. What about graham are any of them atleast 10-5 type affairs where kid shows his genius?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1875
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Thank you! I was hoping for your response on the matter as you're quite similar to me in holding yourself to a higher authority than the judges.

I'll watch the trilogy. What about graham are any of them atleast 10-5 type affairs where kid shows his genius?
You haven't seen the Billy Graham fight?

That's one of the most skill packed fights of all time.

I'd rather watch that fight for a 50th time than watch the best fights out there today.

IMO Gavilan takes it close but clear, but many have it differently and the more you watch the fight, the more you'll appreciate Graham's subtlety.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum