boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #1996
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdempsey85 View Post
Wilfredo Gomez v Lupe Pintor

Been watching a few of gomez's fights the way he dealt with zarate was BRUTAL.I didnt know the result of this fight v pintor which made it better.i thought 3 rounds here all over but i was wrong and had pintor building up a big lead and thought gomez was tiring and the eye was worsening every second but all those right hands told in the end.They must have used make up in pintor's corner!A GREAT GREAT FIGHT

Wilfredo Gomez is a bad mother****er

I had Gomez in front by maybe three rounds at the end, but the question was whether or not his legs could hold him to the final bell. He didn't move much anymore by the time of the Pintor fight; had he had the same legs as he had against Zarate, it would have been easier.

Pintor deserves huge credit for taking so many shots so long, too. Love that guy, he's one of my favorites.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #1997
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Jofre v Medel I & II

Jofre here, isn't much better than he was against Harada in my opinion, he was just a little bit better at everything. Slightly quicker, Slightly better Reflexes, Slightly better timing and more consistent with his work.

I'm convinced he was in his prime years for the first Harada fight, but I don't think he gave it his all and against someone with Harada's style, that's a losing formula.

Had he been as sharp as he was in his earlier fights he'd have been able to negate a lot more of harada's attack imo because he was a solid crisp puncher and he'd have forced fighting's repsect much earlier and been able to rack up rounds. Unfortunately, I don't believe we ever saw him at his best against harada so we can only go off what we see.

But what I see isn't a great deal better, just subtley better across the board. Maybe I'm wrong and someone could point out some footgae that demonstrates he had fell a level, I think it's more likely that he underestimated the guy who'd been sparked by the guy he'd sparked or harada was just that good.

Just to be clear though, it was a very good performance against a consensus top 5 operator. Very crisp punches well timed, Medel ultimately was out of hsi league here.
I've been following this Jofre/Harada discussion. I'll admit to needing to watch more of both of these guys and also that I haven't watched their two fights in about two years. But I was frustrated watching those fights thinking that I'd wished Jofre fought a little different fight. Obviously he had his style and it worked tremendously. But against Harada, I kept wishing he'd outfight more, stand taller, don't be so quick to lean in. Make him pay a little more with a jab and some right hands on the way in. Thoughts?

I had Harada in the first fight and the second I had very close. I'll have to check, I'm not even sure who I gave it to.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #1998
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
I've been following this Jofre/Harada discussion. I'll admit to needing to watch more of both of these guys and also that I haven't watched their two fights in about two years. But I was frustrated watching those fights thinking that I'd wished Jofre fought a little different fight. Obviously he had his style and it worked tremendously. But against Harada, I kept wishing he'd outfight more, stand taller, don't be so quick to lean in. Make him pay a little more with a jab and some right hands on the way in. Thoughts?

I had Harada in the first fight and the second I had very close. I'll have to check, I'm not even sure who I gave it to.
This is definitely true Nat......
Bothered me a bit see Eder lead so many times with that left hook....he always had a great jab to set up the right hand and the left hook......and he didnīt use too much against Harada especially after the first rounds.....
He lost the focus and didnīt set up his punches very well after the first rounds, in both fights......and that was crucial to him....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1999
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Brandon Rios vs Richard Abril

I just watched this fight without scoring it...there was no point really, Abril pretty much won every round..I was truly hard pressed to find a round for Rios in there, possibly he won 1 or 2 not really for what he done but because Abril did so little.

Absolute robbery...It's sad when just every poster in IB's thread saw the the robbery coming, like it was just a formality..must be that we are so conditioned to it these days.
A lot of people were saying how Abril stunk out the joint but the fact that Rios was such a hopeless and drained boxer (exclamation on the hopeless) made the fight just as bad.
I mean Abril was standing right where Rios wanted him for extended periods of time but Brandon could not land sweet FA...and Abril was pushing him back quite easily...it was far from the tap, run and hold job some posters would have you believe..it was just a flat out schooling.

I think Abril is still unbeaten.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #2000
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Just watched RJJ vs Castro......and for a Prime RJJ that was very unimpressive......

Roy wasted so many punches that was surprising.......didnīt remember well about this fight and wasnīt expecting to see that.......

The worst performance of Prime Roy ?? Perhaps ?

Edit- green Roy perhaps.....not fair to say it was prime Roy I guess......

Last edited by Vic-JofreBRASIL; 04-19-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #2001
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post

Don't think he had the legs to do that effectively by the time of the Harada fights. 3 or 4 years earlier and it might have been a different story.

Though even around that stage I'm sure Harada would have tracked him down and forced him to fight on his terms for the large part.

Jofre would take him though...
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #2002
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just watched Zab Judah vs. Vernon Paris.

No need to do a scorecard. Judah won every round.

This was as good as he has ever looked. Ever. Finally, a disciplined fight from a talent machine. He used his hand speed perfectly, picked his shots without be lulled into inactivity, produced the most competent defensive display against a competent opponent in his entire career, and it paid off in spades: Judah simply isn't usually dangerous past round five, but that night, because he fought so well, he was able to close the show in round nine.

Zab isn't back, and he probably loses again within three fights, as is his pattern, but against Paris, he showed what he can do if he fights maturely and smartly; Be a damn fine fighter.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #2003
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Brandon Rios vs Richard Abril

I just watched this fight without scoring it...there was no point really.
True.

Abril won the fight.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #2004
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Don't think he had the legs to do that effectively by the time of the Harada fights. 3 or 4 years earlier and it might have been a different story.

Though even around that stage I'm sure Harada would have tracked him down and forced him to fight on his terms for the large part.

Jofre would take him though...
Thanks. It was a bit of a mystery to me especially before I saw the clips that Vic put up of Jofre. After seeing some prime footage, I tend to agree with the assumption that Jofre was not quite peak against Harada. I also agree that Harada was one of those guys who ultimately was going to impose his will on the fight but making him eat jabs on the way in could help on the scorecard. Jofre not quite having the legs makes sense to me. I need to re-watch those fights soon.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #2005
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Edwin Valero vs Antonio Pitalua and then vs Antonio DeMarco . Didn't score them .
Not much impressed , especially after searching about their records at boxrec .
Would it b fair 2 Valero 2 claim that he was a lesser version of Pacquiao ? or yet fairer : a Pacquiao on lesser steroids ? Valero seems a bit slower and with lesser workrate than Pacquiao , maybe slightly less aggressive .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #2006
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
I donīt disagree strongly Luf......In fact youīre right, he was slightly better at everything....

Jofre always said that this was his toughest fight....and against Medel he hadnīt any weight problem like happened against Harada......

Who knows one day we can see the full footage of this fight here against Caldwell or others....
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I'd love to see the full version of this too Vic, Caldwell had so much bottle! I don't know if you've seen this but you might enjoy it. Rinty Monaghan and Johnny Caldwell, unfortunately John doesn't talk about Jofre but I enjoyed it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxm7cBZ78vU&feature=relmfu[/ame]
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #2007
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Evander Holyfield vs Ray Mercer , didn't score it but Mercer was slightly more agressive @ d beginning , Evander did deserve 2 win with d KD he scored (more of a delayed reaction / taking a knee under pressure but still a KD) .
Was it d last time Holyfield tried 2 "outbox" n opponent rather 2 outfight him ?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #2008
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
I'd love to see the full version of this too Vic, Caldwell had so much bottle! I don't know if you've seen this but you might enjoy it. Rinty Monaghan and Johnny Caldwell, unfortunately John doesn't talk about Jofre but I enjoyed it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Iīll watch it later.....
And Iīm interested in learn more about Rinty Monaghan recently.....
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2009
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post

Iīll watch it later.....
And Iīm interested in learn more about Rinty Monaghan recently.....

AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2010
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

James Toney vs Sanderline Williams #2 . Didn't score , no KDs .
Williams vs Toney #1 & 2 were much similar 2d McCallum vs Toney #1 - #3 .
Williams was almost as good as McCallum was in every department .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum