Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #2071
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Yeah, Brown moved way too much to get anything going. Certainly couldn't put too much into his punches.

Then again, Starling was super strong, had the better defence, and was the better counter puncher. So whilst Brown of a bit later might well make more of a fight of it, I still see Starling doing the better work.

I rate Moochy well above Brown.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #2072
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

2day i watched : Camacho vs Ramirez , McCallum vs Jackson , McCallum vs Watson , McCallum vs Collins . All 4d 2nd time , except from McCallum vs Jackson which i watched some 6 or 7 times already .

Camacho hurt Ramirez , buzzed / buckled him and had him in a state very similar 2 a KD , Ramirez was on d floor , but i m not totally sure it should b considered a KD . Camacho is d only 1 whose claim 2 a win over Ramirez may b legit . Until i watch Olivares vs Ramirez , I'll keep suspectinmg that there was a low blow there .

McCallum began his fight against Collins aggressively but Pernelled in d 12th rd , probably just didn't feel that d money he was paid was worth another risky rd .

I find it noteworthy that McCallum was able 2 push Watson and 2 a lesser degree , and only 1ce , Collins as well .

D more i think about it , d more i find McCallum a must top 20 p4p of all times , just 1 place below WSJ and there is a case 4 McCallum ranking higher : he fought much more ppl his own height . Michael Nunn would have been d test of truth 4 him but it never happened .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #2073
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I watched Roger Mayweather Vs Vinny Paz, who I really don't like and this fight adds to it.

Had it to Rog', 115-112 I think, didn't write down scores but just did it in my head. Not enough jabbing from him, but he landed some clean counters throughout, and dropped Paz in the 11th with a sweet right uppercut.

Laackidaisical though. The commentators totally over egged his defensive performance as well, Paz landed some clean left hooks when he backed Rog' up. Mainly a load of fairly ineffective swarming though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #2074
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I watched Roger Mayweather Vs Vinny Paz, who I really don't like and this fight adds to it.

Had it to Rog', 115-112 I think, didn't write down scores but just did it in my head. Not enough jabbing from him, but he landed some clean counters throughout, and dropped Paz in the 11th with a sweet right uppercut.

Laackidaisical though. The commentators totally over egged his defensive performance as well, Paz landed some clean left hooks when he backed Rog' up. Mainly a load of fairly ineffective swarming though.
Paz is one of my least favorite fighters all time. Tough guy, but that's all he was. He got WAY more attention than he deserved, and he was a lout too.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #2075
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

He's just a wanker. Showboating with little talent always grates with me. Looked 'roided up by the time he got to Jones (what sorta' fight was that anyway?!?)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #2076
Just Trouble

vCash: 500

Roger Mayweather v. Pernall Whitaker. Entertaining fight. Whitaker was dominant throughout but I was impressed by Mayweather's toughness and for making through that fight. He got outclassed but continued throwing hard shots til the end.
Just Trouble is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #2077
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Bika-Calz. Very rough fight and he boxed out of many wrestling matches Bika wanted to engage in. Footwork for Calzaghe was nice and I forgot how good this fight was. Displays many of Calzaghe's skills such as leading with a single shot and avoiding getting bullied on the ropes with smart clinching and footwork. Jab was nice for Calzaghe too also countering Bika with the straight left. Competitive fight despite the rd desparity on my card. Had it 118-109 for Calz, 11-1 though 10-2 is reasonable as well.

Calz-1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
SSB- 4

Also rewatched Bute-Miranda to get me in the mood for Saturday. Great uppercut by Bute.

pt deduction rd 5 against Bika making it 10-8.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #2078
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yasutsune Uehara vs Leonel Hernandez

I was very interested in watching this fight. I recall the magazines back in the day making Uehara out to be a complete slob landing a lucky punch against Serrano.

I'm still not sure what to make of this fight. It was decent technically but at times seemed like a glorified sparring session. It certainly wasn't a war. Both guys were guilty of throwing punches they had no intention of landing. They just seemed a little reluctant to commit at times.

Anyway, I had it 7-7-1 (143-143). Seems appropriate.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #2079
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I ain't seen that. Is it on YouTube?

Have only seen Uehara get bulldozed by Ben Villaflor. Hernandez of course was very good and looked good at times against Arguello.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #2080
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I ain't seen that. Is it on YouTube?

Have only seen Uehara get bulldozed by Ben Villaflor. Hernandez of course was very good and looked good at times against Arguello.
I've never seen it on youtube. I'd be happy to get it to you. It's an interesting fight, but probably not one you'd watch more than once.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #2081
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

McCallum vs Jackson yet again and McCallum vs Curry 4 at least d 4th time . Curry hurt McCallum more than 1ce with his right hand and as was said "d closest 2d canvas" McCallum was until that point and actually , until he fought Fabrice Tiozzo years later . Curry was d more accurate fighter in his previous fight and also in this fight all according 2d dubious compubox at least . If if they were even in punching power and punch resistance it would have been Curry as d winner . McCallum KOd Curry with a left slap ("hook") , Ray Leonard said it was a great left hook , it didn't seem this way 2 me . And i think i noticed that McCallum may have taken some of Jackson's punches 2d head .
Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #2082
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
I've never seen it on youtube. I'd be happy to get it to you. It's an interesting fight, but probably not one you'd watch more than once.
That's a kind offer but I shan't take you up on it at this time. As you say, probably other stuff to watch first
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2083
Young Terror
O.G
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
Agree with this.

Its a very boring fight.

I got more excited seeing Gushiken seating ringside than at any point of the fight.
Young Terror is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #2084
whosthere
Knock Knock
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

watched Khaokor Galaxy v Vasquez, Khaokor v Moon, & Dorin v Spadafora (hope I spelled that right)
the two Galaxy fights were, of course, no doubt wins for one of my new favorite fighters (props to Flea Man for the education). Khaokor showed not only that he could stay inside with a great inside fighter like Vasquez, but that he could transform into a defensive whiz depending on the situation, fighting with precision and power from the outside.
The last fight comes under the "are you shitting me?" heading.
Dorin clearly dominated the fight. I had him winning huge, 8 rounds to 3 with one even (the 10th).
Could someone who's seen this fight explain to me what the hell the judges saw that I missed? A ****ing draw? really?
I know home town fighters often get a little benefit, but this was rediculous, especially for a title unification bout.
whosthere is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #2085
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Robbie Sims KO6 Iran Barkley . Quite a good fight . Quite action loaded although no KDs until d KO . Sims used a little more combinations than Barkley , whom tried just a little more than Sims 2 load on single big punches . Each man threw quite a lot in d fight , missing quite a lot but also landing . Even when Sims tried / thought about / was going 2 hold he eventually prefered retreating which he did maybe twice in d entire fight . Barkley retreated about 2 times d entire fight as well . There was no infighting like in d Barkley vs Toney and Hearns fights .

vs mutual opponents Sims did better vs Duran & Benn and of course KOd Barkley h2h . Barkley did better against Hearns .
I remember there was a thread here about Charles Williams vs Hearns and d majority picked Hearns 2 stop him . Charles Williams also outdid Barkley vs Toney & Maske , was slightly bigger and seemingly more durable but facts rarely taken in2 consideration here .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum