Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #2116
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Oguma-Park III now uploaded to YouTube
added to the list
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #2117
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Alright mother****ers it's time for Nightcrawler's Boxing, Beer and Burittos weekend part 2...today I'm starting with Johnson-Pastrano

Beers: 1 (pabst)
Bong Hits: 3

Let's get it on!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #2118
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Reckon he'd do the more eye catching work against Sturm (no pun intended)

Sergio and Reid would be very fun. Reid is ether than Macklin or Barker. Quicker than Pavlik. 50-50, one guy not as slick as he thinks he is, one not as slick as he could be. Both fade in mid-rounds before having late round second wind.

A pick 'em, IMO.
yeah, well i'm picking martinez cause he's dreamier
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #2119
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

Joe Mesi vs. : Jorge Luis Gonzales , DaVaryll Williamson , David Izon .
All 4d 2nd time of course .
Gonzalez looked shit , impossible he fought like that as n amateur .
DaVaryll Williamson looked way sharper than Gonzalez had , but lasted less than 1 rd .
David Izon . It is where i noticed Mesi was quite a mobile and quick fighter with good footspeed and upper body movement 4 a heavyweight , even 4 a small (but not extraordinarily) heavyweight .
Mesi looked sharp , Izon looked way sharper than Gonzalez had , Izon was d aggressor almost d entire fight , until somewhere in d 8th rd i believe , it seemed almost like a dive despite Izon did seem somewhat hurt in d end and there was a bloat over his i .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #2120
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Johnson Pastrano
4 5 Jab and movement
5 4
4 5
4 5
4 5
5 4 Bodywork
5 4
4 5
5 5
5 5
4 5
4 5
5 4
5 4
5 4

68 69

Very close, very tactical fight. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. I must have watched a very different Johnson-Pastrano than the one where people thought Johnson got robbed. He didn't. Willie's movement and jab were unreal and at distance, he dominated the first 2/3. However, Johnson did some tremendous bodywork throughout and really roughed up Pastrano in close, notably in the final third. Once Johnson's lead right started working to, it was a very effective weapon. Pastrano took it based on his dominant first 5 rounds, with the rest of the fighting fairly even. This being called a robbery is the championship rounds syndrome, where the final third magical counts for more than the first third.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #2121
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Next up...Chandler-Carter

Beers: 2
Bong Hits: 5

Chander 48-47 at time of stoppage

I have to admit, this is my first full Chandler fight. What a vicious, vicious counter puncher. Carter clearly took the first two rounds with movement and combinations. Ferdie Pachenco (however the **** you spell it) was right for once when he said Chandler was taking the first two off. **** I hate Ferdie. Anyway, once Chandler got Carter's rhythm and started to walk him down, the fight was over. Joltin Jeff forced close exchanges, where he could time and counter punch the living shit out of Carter. The dancing machine didn't make or keep distance from Chandler and going in the fifth, a knockout looked likely. Tremendous performance by Chandler and Carter showed heart eh?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #2122
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fight 3 baby! Roy Jones Jr vs Thomas Tate

Roy Jones 10-9 going into the stoppage.

Roy Jones Jr may be the greatest fighter on film in the history of boxing.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #2123
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fight 4: Roy Jones vs Merqui Sosa

Roy Jones 10-9 going into the stoppage

The stoppage was a bit iffy but **** it, Sosa was rocked repeatedly and wasn't throwing back. If he wasn't stopped here, he's stopped in 30 seconds. The knockdown was legit, Roy was hitting him clean with the uppercut and Sosa should have done SOMETHING. Either way, another amazing performance by Roy who by this time in his career has truly begun to own that brilliant left hook and was able to pump it 3 or 4 at a time with brilliant accuracy. **** I love this man
Old 06-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #2124
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fight 5: Toney-Jirov

Beer: 3
Bong Hits: ...? a ****ing lot

Toney 116-113

What a ****ing war this was!!! How didn't I watch this before?? Anyway, one of the toughest fights to score of all time. What the hell...well, I really like Jirov over the first nine. It's weird, Toney knew he was gonna throw that straight left to the belly but let him do it time and again. Jirov really bossed the first 2/3 of the fight with his constant pressure and surprising work up top. no fighter i've seen in 20 years has committed to the body like jirov did. By toney really started taking over around round 9 and closed the gap significantly. His left hook and accuracy were fantastic, the uppercut sparesely seen by very effective when used. He wins based on crisper punching, the point deduction and the knockdown. By the way, Harold Lederman really doesn't get the "10 point must system" does he...
Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #2125
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

A lot of people have Toney wide, I was in the minority when I had it 114-113 to James.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #2126
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
A lot of people have Toney wide, I was in the minority when I had it 114-113 to James.
i had jirov winning until the 10th, he really turned it around late and i would have no problem with a narrow jirov win
Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #2127
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
Next up...Chandler-Carter

Beers: 2
Bong Hits: 5

Chander 48-47 at time of stoppage

I have to admit, this is my first full Chandler fight. What a vicious, vicious counter puncher. Carter clearly took the first two rounds with movement and combinations. Ferdie Pachenco (however the **** you spell it) was right for once when he said Chandler was taking the first two off. **** I hate Ferdie. Anyway, once Chandler got Carter's rhythm and started to walk him down, the fight was over. Joltin Jeff forced close exchanges, where he could time and counter punch the living shit out of Carter. The dancing machine didn't make or keep distance from Chandler and going in the fifth, a knockout looked likely. Tremendous performance by Chandler and Carter showed heart eh?
This is right in the thick of Chandler's prime. A complete dismantling. Check out Chandler vs Murata II or III, Julian Solis II, Canizales, or a step up in weight to fight Hector Cortez for some more prime Chandler efforts. Chandler throttles Cortez (dropped him 3 times) and Cortez, in his next fight moved up to Featherweight and gave Azumah Nelson a tougher fight.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2128
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
This is right in the thick of Chandler's prime. A complete dismantling. Check out Chandler vs Murata II or III, Julian Solis II, Canizales, or a step up in weight to fight Hector Cortez for some more prime Chandler efforts. Chandler throttles Cortez (dropped him 3 times) and Cortez, in his next fight moved up to Featherweight and gave Azumah Nelson a tougher fight.
thanks nat looks like i have some more viewing tonight
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2129
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
thanks nat looks like i have some more viewing tonight
You seem to be going through fights almost as quick as the bong hits! I know you had Spinks-Qawi on your list. Some good light heavy fights from that era are: Spinks-Mustafa Muhammad (probably a better fight than Spinks-Qawi), Mustafa Muhammad - Marvin Johnson (a bodypunching masterpiece), Matthew Saad Muhammad - Lotte Mwale (I won't give it away in case you don't know, trust me on the finish).
You WON'T run out of fights!
natonic is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #2130
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natonic View Post
You seem to be going through fights almost as quick as the bong hits! I know you had Spinks-Qawi on your list. Some good light heavy fights from that era are: Spinks-Mustafa Muhammad (probably a better fight than Spinks-Qawi), Mustafa Muhammad - Marvin Johnson (a bodypunching masterpiece), Matthew Saad Muhammad - Lotte Mwale (I won't give it away in case you don't know, trust me on the finish).
You WON'T run out of fights!
brilliant! i tried to find spinks muhammad but i had trouble earlier (again, possibly cause i'm drunk). these are the joys with getting the wife a
ms. pac-man machine....while she's playing on that thing, i'm free to watch 80s light heavies

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum