Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #2251
rorschach51
Bam Bam Warrior!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

107. Carl Froch 117 | Glen Johnson 111
rorschach51 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #2252
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

chuvalo vs dejohn i scored it by 3 pts to chuvalo
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #2253
champio

vCash: 500

Oh....its really great....thanks for sharing all this informations....keep sharing....
champio is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #2254
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3600

Ray Mancini UD12 Jose Luis Ramirez
Mancini won 1st rd , and rds 4,6,7 givable 4 him .
Meaning it was either a 120-119 Mancini or at most 120-116 Mancini
At some point/s in 1 of rds 4-7 Mancini seemed like capitalizing on low blows , maybe unintentional , maybe not low . Anyway he managed 2 press Ramirez without them as well .
Not a robbery but d only big thing about this fight is that Mancini managed 2 win against a greater fighter .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #2255
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

BOZA: 1(+1); 2;*****
LOCKRIDGE: 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10

Considering how much I like both these guys (Lockridge is criminally underrated IMO) it's shocking I've never tracked this down before. I just knew, given when it took place that whatever happened it was guaranteed to be interesting. And it was, and how could it not be? Both reliable, well-rounded technical boxer punchers.*****

Against such a talented technical boxer southpaw as Boza, Lockridge seems unsure of how to apply his dynamite offence early. He pulls out of an inside exchange and gets caught square on with a big right hook. Shake his legs out to make they're still there before trying to get up.*****

However, Lockridge is fighting the right strategy, as anyone familiar with Boza will know. It is impossible not to draw him into a firefight. Lockridge is a boxer puncher but he can fight as well, and bar Juan Laporte showed a serviceable chin. He's well schooled, hits well, has good shots with both hands, and has Georgie Benton in his corner. Trying to box the rangier guy (a ridiculously skilled operator) when you can drag him into your World with ease is not the right idea.

In the 2nd, Lockridge starts to land more. Of course, Boza is a quality in-fighter as well, and he takes the 2nd, but Lockridge has got him coming in now, and he has less distance to travel with his right hand counter. And he lands it, hard, that briefly rattles Boza's brain.*****

Very close third round, a bit more activity and sharpness from Boza, but with Lockridge getting underneath or catching more and landing the more hurtful leather.

In the 4th, it's revealed Benton has formulated the gameplan to fight on the inside. It doesn't surprise me, it's got Benton all over that. Rocky is far less open defensively and is quicker than Boza. The 4th made me feel all giddy, Lockridge starting to employ more lateral movement to dictate the pace on the outside, lading before moving in to land more, then Boza timing his accurate straight left and one-two's and then Lockridge closing the distance and landing again. Close. Lockridge buzzes Boza to take the 5th. Both always working, always thinking. Boza constantly throws in the 6th, Lockridge has stayed smart and lands the far better blows. Same in the 7th, Boza now in his absolutely no defence mode. Lockridge is able to set the range now, his movement out and to the side making Boza miss rather than the Ugandan walking Lockridge onto his punches.*****

Boza always works hard though, but he over exerts himself doing it of course. Near the end of the 10th Lockridge lands a sweet three or four punch combination with real variety, accuracy and thudding power.

You could probably give Boza a few more rounds because he was always active and scored well. But Lockridge landed the better blows and was the more assured ring general through the 10 rounds.

BOZA: 92-97 LOCKRIDGE
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #2256
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Fulgencio Obelmejias Vs Chong Pal Park I

OBELMEJIAS: 1(+1); 4; 5; 6; 7;
PARK: 2;3;

The Korean would later become the first super middleweight 'champion'; and the Venezuelan would take the title from him!

Here, both just over the middleweight limit and gunning for Hagler (a rematch for Obel), the ex-Olympian's jab keeps Park off balance early. Obelmejias is too long and good at using his reach, and he catches Park with a jarring right cross counter in the first that take his legs away from him.*****

Park takes the 2nd well, cutting inside the jab with head movement and either winging a left hook in or bringing an overhand right around out. Can't sustain a rhythm though.

Not sure whether he's ****ed or just playing possum but Chong looks sloppy as the 4th goes on. He tries to throw in twos and threes and Fulgencio picks him off, prodding his jab and keeping Chong at bay, then firing off a sweeping left hook that lands hard a few times. Same thing in the 5th: good start from Park, blows his load which slows his reflexes and lowers his workrate, with Obelmejias able to take the reins again. Park did enough in the early going in the 5th to take it IMO.

Obelmejias warmed up in the 7th. Typical of many South American boxer-bangers he's got a wide array of punches, the only truly straight one the jab, his hips well into every other blow that are textbook and awkward, his hooks turning over at the end of the punch to give them that choppy and unexpectedly hurtful effect. His movements are not exaggerated, and it's all down to his jab, anything closer and it's because Park has pushed forward and Fulgencio is reacting. The Korean briefly comes on very strong, drawing some more evasive movement and clinching from Obelmejias.*****

But he's blown his load again. Obelmejias catches him with clean wide hooks, and then throws up uppercuts to a man leaning in to shorten his range. Certainly a very good contender given his ability, Olympic grounding and punching power.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #2257
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
Ray Mancini UD12 Jose Luis Ramirez
Mancini won 1st rd , and rds 4,6,7 givable 4 him .
Meaning it was either a 120-119 Mancini or at most 120-116 Mancini
At some point/s in 1 of rds 4-7 Mancini seemed like capitalizing on low blows , maybe unintentional , maybe not low . Anyway he managed 2 press Ramirez without them as well .
Not a robbery but d only big thing about this fight is that Mancini managed 2 win against a greater fighter .

Ramirez got white washed in one of the worst cement-footed displays by a world class fighter I have ever seen.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #2258
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post

Ramirez got white washed in one of the worst cement-footed displays by a world class fighter I have ever seen.
he didn't win a rd , but he didn't lose many either . if 4ced 2 pick a winner in even rds , i may just as well have him as d winner in some of them .
no claim about a robbery , but no need 2 make it a bigger issue than what it was . n unimpressive showing .
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #2259
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Michael Carbajal vs Humberto Gonzalez #1
Gonzalez : 1,2 ( 10-8 ) ,3,4,5 ( 10-8 )
i scored d 6th even which could possibly b given 2 Gonzalez as well .
Carbajal KOd him in d 7th after managing a technical KD (punched Gonzalez back 2d ropes which held him up) in d 7th that was not scored as such , it also deprived Gonzalez from a standing 8 count that might have bought him some time and allowed him 2 recuperate .

overall a KO7 win 4 Carbajal scored 60-53 in favor of Gonzalez not including d 7th rd which was not completed .
Old 07-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #2260
MrBumboclart
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Lennox Lewis vs Ray Mercer
I scored it: 94-93 for Lennox Lewis

Very even fight. Very entertaining.

What it proved to me is that....

1. Mercer has one of the best chins in heavyweight history
2. Any ATG with a good jab can beat Lewis...

.. He got hit with the jab constantly. Which to me means - Louis, Liston, Holmes, Foreman and Ali all beat Lennox.
MrBumboclart is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #2261
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

What about Wlad?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #2262
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Nicolat Valuev vs Monte Barett , finally in its entirety .
Gradual slapdown .
Valuev's grazing punches seemed 2 take a toll from Barrett and discourage him .
Valuev just did not bother 2 physically train and Y should he ? he never wanted 2 kill any1 .
Maybe a Klitschko fight would have motivated him 2 physically train and maybe improve his technique .
Barrett almost put Valuev down in d 1st rd , but it turns out that Valuev has legs . Very good 1s 4 n acromegalic whom doesn't bother 2 train d usual way or close 2 it .
It is obvious that Valuev does not use PEDs like d Klitschkos do .
imagine him trained with PEDs .
Barrett's trainer kept trying 2 motivate him since almost d beginning of d fight , but there was nothing psychological about what Barrett took from Valuev .
Ask Jameel McCline what made him break his ankle .

Last edited by frankenfrank; 07-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #2263
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

David Haye vs Dereck Chisora .
good boxing display by Haye .
Haye showed that he was bigger and stronger , albeit leaner and lighter , by pushing Chisora backwards at times . Chisora did not do d same 2 him .
Chisora did hurt Haye as well on a few occasions .
D referee seemed like hurrying when he tried 2 count Chisora out and when Chisora got up in time , he still stopped him .
Chisora was really hurt though , and this is surely not d worst stoppage that i saw .

Last edited by frankenfrank; 07-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #2264
Andrei00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 460

Jerry Quarry vs. Ron Lyle

On a "10-point must system", I have this fight scored 114-114. But since I hate the draws (especially in boxing), I'd say 115-113 for Quarry would still be a fair result. I understand the judges saw this a one-sided win by Quarry, but it seemed a really close fight to me, having Lyle scoring more in the early rounds.
Andrei00 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #2265
Bobo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 192

watched Prince Charles Williams vs James Kinchen. Completely one sided.
Bobo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum