Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #2461
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
He had big legs.

He started at flyweight.
Super Flyweight and it was @ age 18 while defin8ly still growing .

Even growth in height until at least age 25 was known even as back as d 1950s or earlier .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #2462
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
Ruben Olivares TKO9 Bobby Chacon (Olivares vs Chacon #1) & Ruben Olivares TKO2 Bobby Chacon (Olivares vs Chacon #2) .

Olivares outfought Chacon in both of them and gradually broke him down .
Olivares was better than Chacon p4p & h2h .

It is 1 thing 2b able 2 remain upright under fire but another thing 2 remain able 2 punch back while under fire .

4 a clean aggressive puncher Olivares did not impress me .
I know , i should have watched him KOing a drained , starved , 2 big even 4 126 and not really good even at his best Lionel Rose , or winning a wrong decision against Chucho Castillo (I watched him being floored by Castillo in a recently released excerpt from 1 of those fights) , or losing due 2 cuts 2 Castillo or being stopped by Herera or losing a decision 2 Herera .

Yes , Olivares was good and dangerous but also vulnerable .

With this style of his i wonder how he is 2day , especially in light of Chacon's bad condition .

Olivares did not get badly hurt against Chacon in (either of) these 2 fights , but i know that his career , win or lose , was much more than these 2 fights .

These fights were more a display of Olivares' better courage and also maybe better reflexes or at least a more confident reliance on them than n example of a recommended way 2 fight , especially since Olivares was d older and smaller man in these 2 fights .
You should watch Olivares against Rose, he really was at his peak there and Rose despite struggling with the weight went out on his shield and the Castillo fights. You can't just say he was knocked down so it was a wrong decision, that's ridiculous. They are great fights, you'll enjoy them and you know how good Castillo was. I've got the first and second fights with Castillo, I'll upload them when I get a chance. Watch the Arguello fight as well, it will show you how versatile he was, not just a puncher. Castillo-Rose is another good fight, If you watch it and think Castillo should of got it then fair enough but you'll see that Rose was better than you think and against somebody who I know you rate highly.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #2463
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
He might of but at the end of the day he fought them all at 126. McCullough was never truly a feather I'll give you that but Barrera didn't look small compared to him. I don't remember him fighting McKinney. If Hamed was growing why couldn't the others have grown into feathers as well.
One thing I will say about Hamed is that he carried his power up with him.
because they were older than him , as clearly st8ed in my post and checkable in boxrec , and already fully grown by d time that they muvd up 2 teik on him .
Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #2464
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You should watch Olivares against Rose, he really was at his peak there and Rose despite struggling with the weight went out on his shield and the Castillo fights. You can't just say he was knocked down so it was a wrong decision, that's ridiculous. They are great fights, you'll enjoy them and you know how good Castillo was. I've got the first and second fights with Castillo, I'll upload them when I get a chance. Watch the Arguello fight as well, it will show you how versatile he was, not just a puncher. Castillo-Rose is another good fight, If you watch it and think Castillo should of got it then fair enough but you'll see that Rose was better than you think and against somebody who I know you rate highly.
Lionel Rose does not worth d bother of watching .

This is n important part of Y I love boxrec so much , it tells me which fights and which fighters r worth d time , among many other things .

As i already st8ed , watching fights solidified my boxrec impressions much more often than not , at least past n early stage in my (development at) research of d sport .
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #2465
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lionel Rose does not worth d bother of watching .

This is n important part of Y I love boxrec so much , it tells me which fights and which fighters r worth d time , among many other things .

As i already st8ed , watching fights solidified my boxrec impressions much more often than not , at least past n early stage in my (development at) research of d sport .
Well all I can say is that it's easier to judge fighters if you actually see them. If you're gonna judge fighters just by looking at boxrec you're not gonna get the full picture and your knowledge of boxing will be flawed and your opinions mean nothing.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #2466
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Come on Frank! Let's meet up mate
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #2467
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well all I can say is that it's easier to judge fighters if you actually see them. If you're gonna judge fighters just by looking at boxrec you're not gonna get the full picture and your knowledge of boxing will be flawed and your opinions mean nothing.
fact is that u r wrong on all accounts .

plus (,) watching fights without boxrecing will give u d wrong impression , d RJJ illusion .
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #2468
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

not sure that u know what u wishing 4 Fem
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #2469
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I want to meet you Frank! Come on mayne!!!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #2470
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

do not expect me 2 answer it here , not going 2 get myself banned because of u .

if something else did it , y not , i have better things 2do than posting here , but u will not b d cause 4 it .
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #2471
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
fact is that u r wrong on all accounts .

plus (,) watching fights without boxrecing will give u d wrong impression , d RJJ illusion .
I'm wrong in saying it's easier to judge fighters if you actually watch them?

I'm wrong in saying that you will get a bigger picture if you watch them instead of relying on boxrec?

I'm wrong in saying that your opinions will be flawed if you just rely on boxrec?

C'mon Frank you're just being stubborn now.

What's Roy Jones got to do with this anyway?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #2472
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

By the way Frank, I met up with the Fleaman last year. We had a great afternoon talking about boxing over a few pints.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #2473
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yeah; was ace

I just wanna' give summat back to the community. Wipe the dribble off Frank's chin and take him out for a walk and whatnot.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #2474
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
watching fights takes much more time than gathering many relevant facts about d fights .

And how do u judge a fighter when u lack 1 , if not some , if not all of his fights that matter ?

by watching him destroy a drained borderline bum whose claim 2 gr8ness is based on decisioning another over8ed fighter whom just happnened 2b a smaller midget and drained as well whose main claim 2 fame was decisioning 2ice another over8ed serial hometown fighter whom just accidentally happened 2b drained in those 2 occasions and fighting in d other man's backyard and even then at least 1 of those verdicts is dubious .

2nd red :
my knowledge of d sport and my opinions r clearer , more consistent and much more based on facts and correct than yours .

And it is very much possible that we have both seen about d same amount of fights by now , with myself repeating a major part of them 2 up 2 5 times .

Quote:
I'm wrong in saying it's easier to judge fighters if you actually watch them?

I'm wrong in saying that you will get a bigger picture if you watch them instead of relying on boxrec?

I'm wrong in saying that your opinions will be flawed if you just rely on boxrec?

C'mon Frank you're just being stubborn now.

What's Roy Jones got to do with this anyway?
1st i judge , then i verify my judgement by watching unless d verdict is just 2 clear , strong and obvious .

i already replied about how powerful and useful tool boxrec is 4 me , even at vbetting on fighters that i never watched even 4a sec .

RJ is some1 whom 1 might get impressed by watching him fight , .. ,

unless that 1 has a functioning brain and is aware that Jones' opponents were dead by d time that he fought them .
and usually also severely undersized .

boxrec usually tells 1 about these things , believe it or not .

Even those whom quickly destroyed him were past their prime .
1 of which was in fact drug abused and older than Jones still , and d other was of d same age and past more punishment than Jones himself due2"stylez" .
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #2475
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

as if i declined his offer

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum