boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #2971
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

True but he sucked it up didn't he! Done himself good IMO, considering how it ended.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #2972
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Watched Zarate Fenech yesterday. Zarate was just a shell of his former brilliance!
I reckon some of his beltline stuff hurt Fenech though.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #2973
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Exactly my point McGrain. Even outsped, old and balding and taking an absolute shellacking he stayed in there and had to ability to tuck that left hand under the rib cage and hurt a true iron man.

Uploaded Harada-Medel II for anyone that cares.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #2974
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Usually I put it in the comments but yeah...taken me years to accumulate mate
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #2975
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Still 10s of thousands of fights I don't know exist mate! I get surprised myself when I get some of this stuff through the post!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #2976
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Meh. Gimme' Borkorsor Vs Betulio any day of the week
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #2977
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yeah both of 'em are about
Funnily enough I've never backed up my Arguello discs so not sure what I have at the mo', need to get round to that!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #2978
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

I've tried a couple of times to score Harada-Medel II and never managed it with my one track mind, excellent fight though it is. I'm **** at scoring fights in general tbh and really don't envy judges.

Nonetheless, I've just re-watched it and managed to create a passable scorecard that I'm still not satisfied with. The point deduction always seemed a bit gash to me, though it isn't easy to tell by the footage, so being highly biased as I am, I've copied the AP and not included it on my final card.

Anyway, 144-143, in favour of Harada, though I could see it wider in his favour. Maybe even a draw or a one point swing the other way to Medel without the deduction, but something tells me I might be conning myself a tiny bit somewhere in the back of my mind. It was very hard to score and a lot of the rounds were close. Harada fought cleverer than first time without compromising his work rate and outworked Medel a lot of the time, even against the ropes where Medel was so dangerous. Medel though didn't help himself at times spending too much time trying to set traps and not punching. Still, he had a lot of success and blocked/parried a good bit of Harada's work. Hurt him on a few occasions too, but probably didn't get quite get enough going on a consistent basis. Might have been interesting to see if he'd hurt Harada earlier than what he did in the last round.

Harada: 3,5,6,8,11,12,13
Medel: 1,2,9,10,14,15
Even: 4 & 7

Great fight though.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #2979
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I guess I need to rescore as I remember Harada winning pretty comfortably (in terms of rounds of course)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #2980
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

I wouldn't use my card as any kind of barometer mate. Some of the rounds that I gave to Medel probably could've gone Harada's way, and Harada won a slightly greater number of his rounds by a bigger margin.

Don't make me doubt myself either, ****s sake. I had to watch some of those rounds more than once and it still took me ****ing ages to come up with a card that I still don't like.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #2981
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Rudders had it close as well.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #2982
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
I've tried a couple of times to score Harada-Medel II and never managed it with my one track mind, excellent fight though it is. I'm **** at scoring fights in general tbh and really don't envy judges.

Nonetheless, I've just re-watched it and managed to create a passable scorecard that I'm still not satisfied with. The point deduction always seemed a bit gash to me, though it isn't easy to tell by the footage, so being highly biased as I am, I've copied the AP and not included it on my final card.

Anyway, 144-143, in favour of Harada, though I could see it wider in his favour. Maybe even a draw or a one point swing the other way to Medel without the deduction, but something tells me I might be conning myself a tiny bit somewhere in the back of my mind. It was very hard to score and a lot of the rounds were close. Harada fought cleverer than first time without compromising his work rate and outworked Medel a lot of the time, even against the ropes where Medel was so dangerous. Medel though didn't help himself at times spending too much time trying to set traps and not punching. Still, he had a lot of success and blocked/parried a good bit of Harada's work. Hurt him on a few occasions too, but probably didn't get quite get enough going on a consistent basis. Might have been interesting to see if he'd hurt Harada earlier than what he did in the last round.

Harada: 3,5,6,8,11,12,13
Medel: 1,2,9,10,14,15
Even: 4 & 7

Great fight though.
That is something like I scored it, don't remember who I gave which rounds. From memory one of them was deducted a point as well, can't remember who. Also I think the commentary team were posting their scores as well.
I'll see if I can dig my scorecard out.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #2983
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyone seen the Zarate-Zaragoza fight, how did he look in that? The second battle of the Z men!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #2984
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
That is something like I scored it, don't remember who I gave which rounds. From memory one of them was deducted a point as well, can't remember who. Also I think the commentary team were posting their scores as well.
I'll see if I can dig my scorecard out.
Yeah, Medel had a point taken off in the 10th for supposedly thumbing Harada in the eye that had been cut earlier on. That's what I was on about mate. It looked like rubbish to me, but it's hard to tell; Harada has his back to the camera and they're in a bit of a tangle. Medel's manager surprisingly didn't have too much of a problem with the decision, but he was quite hacked off with the deduction.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #2985
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
Yeah, Medel had a point taken off in the 10th for supposedly thumbing Harada in the eye that had been cut earlier on. That's what I was on about mate. It looked like rubbish to me, but it's hard to tell; Harada has his back to the camera and they're in a bit of a tangle. Medel's manager surprisingly didn't have too much of a problem with the decision, but he was quite hacked off with the deduction.
I thought he nearly had him in the 15th! I can't work Medel out looking at some of the fights he lost, possibly more to it specially the on the road fights. Hope he got payed well for them.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum