Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #466
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQ56hSXGV0[/ame]

Gonna watch this, i will score it after.

......Ali is making me laugh in this video.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #467
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Marvin Hagler vs Ray Leonard...due to thread in Brit forum.

Leonard
Even
Leonard
Leonard
Even
Leonard
Hagler
Hagler
Hagler
Hagler
Leonard
Hagler

115-115

Another ****ing draw
First time i saw this i had Leonard winning a close but very convincing decision although i didnt score it. After all the controversy i sat down with my pops and we watched it with the sound off, we both scored it a draw.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #468
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Just watched the Castillo/Herrera upload from McGrain on Youtube. You'll see my elementary synopsis in that thread. I'm a bit too drunk to type much more. However, I will say that Chucho Castillo is one of the very best Bantamweights I've ever seen on film, again.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #469
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Pernell Whitaker vs Julio Cesar Chavez

Even
Chavez
Whitaker
Whitaker
Whitaker
Whitaker
Whitaker
Whitaker
Chavez
Even
Whitaker
Even

118-113 Whitaker

Wasn't even close. Whitaker was in almost complete control for the entire fight
Godfather is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #470
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Rocky Juarez I

Even
Even
Juarez
Barrera
Barrera
Barrera
Barrera
Juarez
Even
Even
Even
Even

118-116 Barrera

I scored way too many even rounds , but they were all close. There were only a couple that had a clear winner. I reckon I'll have to go back and score this one again
Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #471
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

You do score too many even rounds. No offense but your final scores sound ridiculous.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #472
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
You do score too many even rounds. No offense but your final scores sound ridiculous.
The Barrera-Juarez 1 card was, admittedly, terrible. I will score it again at some point. However, I'm happy with the other cards I've posted in this thread.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #473
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Nelson vs Fenech 1

Nelson
Nelson
Even
Nelson
Fenech
Even
Fenech
Fenech
Fenech
Fenech
Nelson
Fenech

116-114 Fenech
Old 07-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #474
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Just watched Dwight Muhammad Qawi vs Eddie Davis. Very good fight, and a great display of clean in-fighting from both men. I don't know if there was a single clinch the entire way through. Qawi caught Davis with a flush combination that hurt him and dropped him towards the end of the first, and continued to whallop him into the second. From then on out, Davis started to get his legs back and give a very good account of himself, even getting the better of the exchanges for many stretches up until the later rounds.

The fight was pretty even from the 3rd up until about the 9th or 10th, at which point Qawi started kicking it up a gear again and laying into Davis. After hurting him at the very end of the 10th, he came out guns blazing in the 11th and dropped him within the first 10 seconds. Davis rose, but was clearly in no spirits to continue and the referee called it off. Very good fight all in all.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #475
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

I love watching Qawi probably my fvrouite post 60s Light Heavyweight. Just love his furious aggresion but also his defensive style, just awesome to watch.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #476
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Just watched Eusebio Pedroza's 5th title defense against "Rockabye" Ruben Olivares.

What can I say about this fight? Obviously Ruben was well past his prime, and his age showed, despite the valiant effort he put up. That said, all the heart in the world wasn't going to do him much good here, as he was simply out-classed in every way from start to finish. If you're not an Olivares fan, then I'd recommend this fight as a prime example of in-fighting mastery. Pedroza's skills in the pocket in this fight (which was Olivares's preferred range throughout) were sublime, seamlessly blending pin-point punching accuracy with impenetrable defense, essentially turning Ruben into his very own, tormented bobble-head doll. Brilliant display against an overmatched opponent. Those uppercuts, man.

Great finish as well.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #477
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Just watched Eusebio Pedroza's 5th title defense against "Rockabye" Ruben Olivares.

What can I say about this fight? Obviously Ruben was well past his prime, and his age showed, despite the valiant effort he put up. That said, all the heart in the world wasn't going to do him much good here, as he was simply out-classed in every way from start to finish. If you're not an Olivares fan, then I'd recommend this fight as a prime example of in-fighting mastery. Pedroza's skills in the pocket in this fight (which was Olivares's preferred range throughout) were sublime, seamlessly blending pin-point punching accuracy with impenetrable defense, essentially turning Ruben into his very own, tormented bobble-head doll. Brilliant display against an overmatched opponent. Those uppercuts, man.

Great finish as well.
I watched the first 5 or 6 rounds of this fight last night. It was a brilliant infighting effort by Pedroza. I stopped watching. Olivares looked like just of shell of his prime self. I'll finish watching it, but it was a bit much for me in one sitting.
I'd be interested in your thoughts on this version of Pedroza vs '74 (Arguello) version of Olivares. Pedroza was a great fighter in his own right. I couldn't help thinking Olivares may have been able to catch Pedroza with one of those hooks.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #478
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

I thought Olivares was very poor in that fight he just showed he was resiliant and willing. Pedroza basically had free reign to do what he want.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #479
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Billy Graham vs Kid Gavilan III

Great fight on every level, technically, tactically, drama filled and action packed.

Early on it settle sinto a nice jabbing contest with Graham jabbing with authority and getting the better of the actual jabbing, and Gavilan stalking looking to counter with hard hooks. Gavilan gets the better sucess early with the harder shots and aggresion but I love the way Graham falls in off tha jab to bang the body, really wonderful stuff.

The middle rounds are closer as Graham starts to feint the jab, which starts to mess up Gavilan's timing to land his counters over and this allows Graham to re-establish his jab and let his combinations go. This is at its best in the tenth and the eleventh but the groundwork is layed in the mid-rounds. Gavilan really shows how adept a ring general he is as he always seems to have some sort of answer to Graham in the fight and is truly an adaptable general.

In the late goings Graham's feinting and jabbing is the main highlights but he slows in the thirteenth and fourteenth allowing Gavilan to resestablish some controll with his aggression and hooks but a rousing fifteenth raises the roof.

My scorecad was very different from last time I watched this fight.

Gavilan: 2,3,4,5,7,9,13,14
Graham: 1,6,8,10,11,12,15
Total: 143-142 gavilan (8-7)
Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #480
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Zarate vs Pintor

Pintor
Pintor
Pintor
Zarate (10-8 )
Zarate
Pintor
Zarate
Pintor
Zarate
Pintor
Zarate
Zarate
Pintor
Zarate
Pintor

142-142 Draw.

Good fight. I'd never really watched too much of Zarate until now, but I was impressed with his subtle defensive moves and the speed of his left hand after throwing his right. Both fighter's successes came from their left hands, often after having missed with the right to set it up.

If it wasn't for the knockdown Pintor would have snatched it by a round on my card. Zarate could have been busier, especially to the body, and was too cautious in the early rounds. Good fight though which has got me interested in Zarate.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum