Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #1081
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSON DURAN View Post
Where did you get hold of that Flea?
Raging B(_)LL (I think that's how he does it ) Get in touch if you want me to send his contact your way, great source of footage (the best)

Saensak Muangsurin Vs Sang-Hyun Kim

MUANGSURIN: 4; 5; 6; 8; 9; 10
KIM: 1; 2; 3; 7; 11; 12

I was intrigued about seeing this for a number of reasons. The first one, to see how the **** someone not named Thomas Hearns managed to stop the Thai Caveman. But mainly, because the only time I'd seen Kim was getting battered by a peak Aaron Pryor and not doing anything about it. He looked shocking.

And here, he doesn't do anything special, but he came prepared with the perfect gameplan and stuck to it. Not making the same mistake as others and relentlessly hitting the target and lowering your stamina to a level where you'd make more mistakes and the Thai could smash you, Kim constantly employs lateral movement, and, with a lesser chin, Muangsurin would've been out of there inside three rounds.

The 1st two rounds show who is more suited to his all southpaw battle, as Kim peppers away and fires combinations off at his awkward, but open Thai opponent. In the 3rd round, the Champion, caught off balance as always (his balance was horrible) is backed up against the ropes, and despite his best efforts to block or dodge, he is pummeled by the sharp and fast Korean for nigh on a minute.

After that though, Muangsurin starts backing Kim up, prodding his jab out to head and body, and catching him going out with wild lead right hooks or overhand lefts. In the 5th, the Champ really gets going, and lands a vicious lunging club of a left from afar, slips Kims responding two hooks, and backs him up again.

Muangsurin just about gets the more meaningful shots off for a while. When Kim opens up, he has him in trouble, but he seems to wisely save his energy for the later rounds rather than getting in a pure war of attrition like Furuyama did, and most likely, Monroe Brooks did. Saoul Mamby was robbed against Muangsurin by all accounts, after seeing this, it's hard not to think he did a much better job than Kim and was robbed.

Kim comes back into it as we go into the deep waters, ever shot he lands is snapping Muangsurins head back, but the Thai keeps on plowing forward, trying to destroy the sapling that stands in front of him.

He tries too hard in the 13th. He swings a wild right hand, and Kim walks him onto a picture perfect and straight left cross. Muangsurin is completely wiped out. Completely. But on his feet for the count of 10

Kim WKO13 Muangsurin

Facomron Vibonchai Vs Koji Kobayashi

At last! The gangly Thai, whose record stands at a none too impressive 2 (2)-4 (2) on boxrec (and anywhere that has anything listed about him) is billed at 18-3(11) at the beginning of this fight, with the decent Kobayashi, who was at one point THE no.1 Flyweight in the World (briefly...well, I guess, poor lineage until Chitalada really).

To any Canto connoisseurs; Vibonchai gave him a bit of hassle.

Here, at Super-Fly, the Thai tries hard, but just isn't as elusive as he thinks, and his upright stance sees him get hit even when he tries to pull away from shots. He's also way outsized, and gets battered into a weary standing surrender in the 2nd round. Still, was good just to see more of him and to shed some light on him.

Saul Monatana W10 Venice Borkhorsor H/L: Borkhorsor looks scrappy here, especially compared to how he looked against ATG Bantam Herrera, but both show flashes of what them quality (Montana was nothing more than a journeyman really, but his opposition was INSANE, he doesn't look bad in the few flashes you get of him here) and, to be honest, I felt privileged to watch it.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #1082
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Miguel Canto Vs Chan-Hee Park I

CANTO: 1; 5; 9; 14;
PARK: 2; 3; 4; 6; 7; 8; 10; 11; 12; 13; 15

Canto 139-146 Park

Park, 9-0-1 going in with the best Flyweight of the time, is a sensation here. The talented Korean Olympian outboxes, outfights, and manouver the great 'El Maestro' throughout, pressurising him effectively, countering his jab, for ****s sake he counters Cantos counters and does the better work throughout.

I'd like to see their 2nd fight, which was a draw apparently. I'll have to look into that. Hard to see Canto figuring Park out, he had no answer to him here and was thoroughly outclassed. Unbelieveable.

Fidel Bassa Vs Dave McAuley I

BASSA: 1(+1); 7; 8; 10; 11; 12;
MCAULEY: 2; 3(+1); 4; 5; 6; 9(+2)

Always a great fight to watch this, but never scored it before. After 12, I had it Bassa 111-113 McAuley, but it should've been 110-113. Bassa goes down loads of times in this fight, and twice his legs just give out on him.
McAuley puts in a brave effort here, in a really gruelling fight.
McAuley should've had two knockdowns in the 3rd. Bassa, truly, on queer street...although the first punch really didn't seem to land!!!
6th round: Bassa really looks to be back in his groove and BANG short counter left hook from McAuley rocks him straight down to his knees. Not ruled a knockdown...again Bassa, as always, comes back hard, but I'll give this a 10-9 to McAuley. He landed the more authoritive shots, and deserved a knockdown.
Round 9: Just...amazing round. McAuley has Bassa down heavily twice, with a big left hook, and then a short right hook. Bassa recovers really well and tries to bomb back, but the Northern Irishman is brilliant here.
Bassa gets into his groove as we enter the Championship rounds, and really lays it on. Exhausted, and under a heavy barrage, McAuley slumps to the mat. Great fight.

Bassa KO13 McAuley

Frank Cerdeno Vs Koji Kobayashi

As you can see above, I watched Kobayashi battering Thai enigma Vibonchai the other day, and today he wins in two rounds again. Against a big gangly fly in Vibonchai at super fly he looked big, at Fly, he looks huge. Kobayashi is a fairly sloppy, gangly southpaw with a massive reach, but when he gets going he doesn't stop. After a cagey, jabbing start from both, Kobayashi lets his straight left go and it buzzes the Champ. 3 knockdowns follow, and whilst Cerdeno gets his licks in, he gets overwhelmed and bludgeoned against the ropes. Good call from the Ref' for letting him carry on 3 times but knowing exactly when enough was enough.

Kobayashi definitely seems a snotty nosed bully in the ring.

Humberto Gonzalez Vs Saman Sorjaturong

Chiquita: 1; 3; 5(+1); 6 (+1);
Sorjaturong: 2(+1); 4;

At time of stoppage: Chiquita 57-54 Saman

Chiquita, as always, just too open to the right hand. Gutsy performance from the Thai. Never bothered to score it before, but Chiquita has a couple of good rounds, wings his punches too much and gets caught too often. Good scrap though, as I'm sure you all probably know.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #1083
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit
vCash: 500

Azumah Nelson vs Mario Martinez

Nelson: 1,4,7,8
Martinez: 2,3,5,6,9,10,12
Even: 11

Further evidence of just how grossly overrated Nelson is in regards to his actual boxing ability.It's a boring fight with no real sustained action and few truly decisive rounds,but there's absolutely no doubt who deserved the decision here.

Last edited by Goyourownway; 09-30-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #1084
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Dave McAuley Vs Rodolfo Blanco I

MCAULEY: 1; 4; 5; 6; 7; 9 (+1); 10;
BLANCO: 2 (+2); 3(+1); 8; 11 (+1); 12

Fun fight, loads of knockdowns. Dave McAuley, what do you expect?

Has anyone here seen the rematch, which Blanco did win? How did it go down? Exciting fight the first one, can see a draw or one point either way I guess, I had it to the Colombian by a single point as you can see, close and gruelling affair.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #1085
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Tsuyoshi Hamada Vs Ronnie Shields

HAMADA: 1; 2; 3; 5; 10; 11; 12
SHIELDS: 4; 6; 7; 8; 9;

Hamada 113-115 Shields

The hairy-chested Jap' hardman, Tsuyoshi Hamada takes on Ronnie Shields, more famous for his work as a trainer nowadays of course.

Hamada snatched the first by landing some hard, clean punches towards the end of the round. It was close before that with Shields doing the better work.

For the first 3 rounds or so, Shields can't get his jab going, Hamada keeps getting underneath it and getting closer with his shots, outworking the American. However, as Shields starts to land the jab more as the champ' slows down, Hamada starts to mark up, and after coming out like a Greyhound (as he always did) he starts to feel the pace, and struggles to catch up with Shields, who moves when he needs to and finds it fairly easy to crack right hands at Hamada. Shields then elects to step inside Hamadas front foot and sent straight rights at him, which lands clean and set the tone for the rest of the fight, Shields landing the cleaner shots, Hamada heroically trying to get his left cross off, close the distance and land his short right hook.

But Shields is equal to everything he does, and whilst it's a closely-contested bout (and often scrappy when they languish in close) and either a draw or a 115-113 verdict for the defending Japanese fighter are both feasible outcomes, I had it to Shields 7-5, he did the cleaner work throughout and Hamada didn't land enough clubbing blows to outwork him.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #1086
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Veeraphol Sahaprom Vs Toshiaki Nishioka I

SAHAPROM: 2; 3; 6; 7; 10; 12
NISHIOKA: 1; 4; 5; 8; 9; 11;

Sahaprom 114-114 Nishioka

Official: Dalby Shirley 112-116 | judge: Gale E. Van Hoy 112-116 | judge: Marty Denkin 113-115 Result:Sahaprom W UD12

4th round a close one. Patient work from both, but they both up their game in that round.When Nishioka lets his hands go he looks class, but he's in evasive mode for most of the fight after the Thai gets his respect early with his well-timed right hand. A close and competitive fight.

Veeraphol Sahaprom Vs Toshiaki Nishioka II

SAHAPROM: 1; 6; 8; 9; 10;
NISHIOKA: 2; 3; 4; 5; 7; 11; 12

Sahaprom 113-115 Nishioka

Official: Terry Smith 113-116 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 115-113 | judge: Lou Filippo 114-114 Result: Draw

Another tactical battle this, but with Nishioka letting his hands go more. His left hand, now his primary weapon, is used much more here, whereas in the first fight he seemed unable to get it off much. The 7th round is terrific, with Nishioka hurting Veeraphol, backing him up and letting his hands fly to head and body, but the Thai fires back with his straight right, handing Nishioka flush a few times, before the bigger man lets rip again. The Thai seems to be in trouble, but he reovers well both times and is still in it. Both men cut over the eyes.

The 8th is a big round for Sahaprom, as he gets his timing down and snaps Nishiokas head back with accurate shots with either hand. The Thai bullies him around the ring and in close, and pulls back swiftly to avoid Nishiokas sporadic bursts. Like his fellow countryman Kingpetch (but nowhere near as efficiently) Sahaprom has a sneaky right uppercut he can work in close with a half-clinch. Kingpetch was brilliant at it, Veeraphol, decent at best, but he dominates this round. The 9th was very close, the Thai landing a left hook early, but Nishioka finding room for a short and explosive right uppercut a few times in the round, but getting wider with it towards the end. Sahaprom just did more, and dug in to the body with his right throughout, a very close round.In the Championship rounds I just gave Nishioka the edge, when he threw he upped his pace, Sahaprom still prodded his right hand out but didn't really push hard enough. Could've went either way, another close fight.

Veeraphol Sahaprom Vs Toshiaki Nishioka III

SAHAPROM: 3; 5; 6; 7; 9; 11; 12
NISHIOKA: 1; 2; 4(+1); 8; 10;

Sahaprom 114-113 Nishioka

Official: Mark Green 112-116 | judge: Duane Ford 114-113 | judge: Herbert Minn 115-115 Result: Draw

Nishioka gets sharper and more confident with every fight. Sahaprom deducted one point for low blows in round 4. Yet again, plenty of swing rounds, Nishioka looking sharp early, fading in the middle rounds but getting his second wind as we roll into the Championship rounds. The 11th is a highly competitive round that the Thai jut snatched on my card, though it could've went the other way as well. The basic Thai is consistent with what he does, but when he lets his hands go in the last round he takes it well. Would you believe it, another close contest that either man could've conceivably nicked by a point or two. If Nishioka could maintain his work throughout like the 'champion' could, then his handspeed would give him the clear edge, as it is, he keeps losing out on a definitive win by languishing in punching range.

Veeraphol Sahaprom Vs Toshiaki Nishioka IV

SAHAPROM: 1;3(+1); 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12
NISHIOKA: 2; 4;

Sahaprom 118-109 Nishioka

Official: Gelasio Perez Huerta 109-118 | judge: Dick Flaherty 109-117 | judge: Marty Denkin 110-116 Result: Sahaprom W UD

In the fourth and final clash, Nishioka looks lethargic (never fought at 118lb limit again) and Sahaprom is on form, dishing out a beating and looking class, in fact, probably the best I've seen him so far.

3rd round; WBC headbutt rule At the beginning of the 4th the ref' immediately takes a point off the Thai for the same offence But he clearly won this round and landed at will, so only 10-9 Nishioka. Toshiaki ships a horrible beating in the 6th, which blood obscuring his vision the title holder can't miss with his patented straight right nor uppercuts with both hands in close. Nishioka dosn't land much in return, Sahaprom managed to slip or evade most of what comes back. Veerapol take all the middle rounds, and in the 9th Nishioka finally comes back to life, hammering blows into the Thais midsection. Sahaoprom is too poised, too experienced, and too good at implementing his style on Nishioka; he takes the shots and gets back to his work, battering Nishioka around the ring again and taking the 9th despite Nishiokas efforts and bravery.

The 10th is a truly masterful display from Sahaprom. His punch picking, accuracy and timing sees Nishioka swaying on a few occasions, and his legs really start to look to be deceiving him. But Sahaproms deft head and upper body movement sees this contest go from a competitive fight where one man is doing the better work in each round, to a schooling. Nishioka looks a mess, facially and in terms of his application. Sahaprom is showing his Muay Thai background as well, one thing that has always struck me is his use of the straight right, but here it finally dawns on me why He uses his right hand like most would use a jab, doubling it, and using it to move off and shoot his jab as he re-sets and poises to throw his right again. So, whilst he was a straight-up boxer puncher, he also had some unorthodoxy carried over from his days as a Nak Muay.

The right hands get ridiculous in the 11th. We all know it's the best shot against a southpaw, and I've already stressed many times how useful Veerapol makes his, but quadrupuling it? Seriously, this is like the record for most right hands landed on a southpaw in a four fight series, and it was getting stupid after three fights. Nishioka can't land anything, and is getting pummelled.

Sahaprom takes it easy on Nishioka in the final round, but even letting his opponent wing away he still wins it He picks Nishioka up and takes him back to his corner, and after their epic series it was nice to see, but this fight showed once and for all who was the better man IMO.

What concerns me is that Nishioka is still defensively open. Sure, he's more refined and comfortable at 122lbs, but although Sahaprom was very good at what he did, he was a basic fighter and Nishioka, the bigger man with good advantages at height and reach, still didn't realise that by standing just inside mid-range he was going to get hit. A lot.

In four fights. And he still hasn't done much about it now
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #1087
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Veerapol Sahaprom Vs Hozumi Hasegawa I

SAHAPROM: 6; 7; 8;
HASEGAWA: 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 9; 10; 11; 12

Sahaprom 111-117 Hasegawa

Only seen the second fight between these two before, in which Hozumi brutally lays waste to Sahaprom. Hozumi shows Toshiaki how it's done, putting on a punch perfect performance for the first five rounds, putting together combinations, counter punching and lateral movement together to completely stifle the champions patient style. In the 6th, Veerapol shows his experience, shading the inside battle with his faster and younger foe by shipping less and craftily landing more, to head and body, and Hasegawa was more style than substance in this round for the first time in the fight.

You see urgency from the Thai after that, which you rarely see. He relentlessly stalks Hasegawa in the 7th, showing more punch variety than he would usually in unloading the kitchen sink at a tiring Hasegawa, who is finding it harder to stay out of range, although he fires back admirably. Close round, and I was skinning up for the firt 30 seconds so wasn't completely concentrating. I gave it to Sahaprom from what I saw. In the 8th, Hasegawa just about lands more punches, but Sahaprom lands the far more authoritative shots, and really gets the distance of his right hand in this round. Hasegawa throws a couple of desperation lows blows in this round as well, blatant ones, near the knees.

The 10th is an absolutely brilliant round! Hasegawa breaks into the Kamikaze style we love him for, swarming all over Sahaprom and staggering him. The champ tries to fight back, bu it's a clear Hasegawa round, as he really seems to get his second wind back in him. The 11th; another good round. Last 30 seconds they both abandon all thought of tactics and swing away! Quality stuff.

Good stuff from Hasegawa as the Thai finally loses his belt. Considering the opponent and context, a career-best performance from Hasegawa IMO, although the aforementioned rematch stoppage of Sahaprom was also very impressive.

Hozumi came into his own after this bout, I'm glad I got round to this fight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1088
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Bernardo Pinango vs Saman Skosana

Round 1- 10-9 Skosana
Round 2- 10-9 Skosana
Round 3- 10-9 Skosana
Round 4- 10-9 Skosana
Round 5- 10-9 Skosana
Round 6- 10-9 Skosana
Round 7- even
Round 8- 10-9 Pinango
Round 9- 10-9 Pinango
Round 10-10-9 Pinango
Round 11-10-9 Skosana
Round 12-10-9 Pinango
Round 13-10-9 Skosana
Round 14-10-9 Pinango
Round 15- itīs all over.....Pinango by TKO !
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #1089
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Delete

Last edited by Boxed Ears; 06-04-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: loyalty is a two-way street
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #1090
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Nishioka/Sahaprom I. It's up on that big Interweb video site, in its entirety.

In rounds, 9-3 for Sahaprom. Saha kept his game tight, professional, picked his spots with great acumen. Nishioka's bigger frame, speed, legs, they were all used poorly. While Saha was perfectly economical in every way, Nishioka largely gave a lot to get a little. There were maybe two rounds that I gave to Saha which could've gone to Nish, but I'm not Japanese. Clean, effective punching rules the day, and that's Sahaprom here. His punches were more telling, throughout, and the number of times he was able to land lead rights was telling too. The gap between them as far as craft and experience was too great. Even with defense, Saha avoided much more by doing much less. Overall, a very tasteful performance from the champ, giving him a clear victory, though I do think he was getting a little tired at the end and Nishioka was at least getting a little more than he was earlier in the fight. It was a rough night for the young gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Veeraphol Sahaprom Vs Toshiaki Nishioka I

SAHAPROM: 2; 3; 6; 7; 10; 12
NISHIOKA: 1; 4; 5; 8; 9; 11;

Sahaprom 114-114 Nishioka

Official: Dalby Shirley 112-116 | judge: Gale E. Van Hoy 112-116 | judge: Marty Denkin 113-115 Result:Sahaprom W UD12

4th round a close one. Patient work from both, but they both up their game in that round.When Nishioka lets his hands go he looks class, but he's in evasive mode for most of the fight after the Thai gets his respect early with his well-timed right hand. A close and competitive fight.

Interesting difference of opinion here. This forum thrives off of these massive differences in persepective, I guess. You've got me anxious to watch Hasegawa/Saha I and II, now, from your other post. But my list...is so damned long! No matter how many fights I watch, it gets longer every day.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #1091
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Same here!

Maybe I need to re-watch by the sounds of it
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #1092
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Holyfield v Moorer 1

1: 9-10 not much happens but the crisper punches are landing on the real deal
2: 10-8 vander started the round well but moorer was finishing very strongly until holy landed a great hook which dropped michael.
3: 10-9 close round with holyfield finishing slightly stronger
4: 10-9 another close round with the better quality shots landing on Mike.
5: 9-10 good clean shots in combos being thrown by mike.
6: 9-10 even round until moorer took over for the last minute and half
7: 10-9 holy seems to abandon the jab and leads with hooks having some success despite a spirited finish by mnoorer.
8: 10-9 very close round, could have gone either way but I favour holy slightly
9: 10-9 moorer catches holy at the bell but holy's aggression was effective throughout the majority of the round.
10: 9-10 holyfield looks a bit wild whilst moorer is still sharp and crisp with his shots
11: 9-10 more clean crisp shots thudding against holy who is starting to tire and fade
12: 9-10 brilliant display of clean punching by moorewr who lands pretty much every punch he throws with a great finish to the fight.

114-113

the thing is here, it seems that holy's sheer will won him some of the rounds and i'm not sure moorer could of fought any better than he did in this fight. Holy clearly looked over trained to me despite taking a 1 point decision on my cards. I can see an argument for a draw also.

It's a shame holy retired here because an immediate rematch would have answered a lot of questions.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #1093
vipers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dick Tiger vs Henry Hank

great slugfest should go check it out

Dick Tiger: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10
Hank:5
vipers is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #1094
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

Uploaded the first fight between Happy Lora vs Alberto Davila

Some great technical stuff in this.
lora is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #1095
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Davila remains a tidy and underrated operator.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum